3D Vision 2 with RTX 2080 Super

Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Vision 2 with RTX 2080 Super

Post by Sinizar »

Long time 3D Vision 2 user and after upgrading from a 1070 to a 2080 Super I no longer have a DVI-D port on the video card. DP to DVI cables won't work so I am willing to purchase a new or used 3D monitor if I can get it working. Is it possible after rolling back the nvidia drivers to buy a monitor that supports 3D vision using a display port cable to run stereoscopic 3D? Also, what is the best monitor still available for 3D. I am currently using the Asus VG278 with the built in emitter but I have an extra emitter with USB to use for the new monitor. I also purchased the last Acer GN246HL to use with my GTX 1070 in case I can't find a solution I can still play games in Stereoscopic. I am happy to find Helix Vision but right now I can't get it working for my Battlenet games. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft are my favorite games to play in 3D.

Losti
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Vision 2 with RTX 2080 Super

Post by Losti »

Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sinizar »

Hi Losti,

This I am aware of. What I am asking is since my card does not have a DVI port and only a display port and hdmi, is there a monitor that exists that you can run 3D on through the display port and does not require me to update the firmware?

Losti
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Losti »

HDMI is not supporting 3D because of the 60 MhZ restriction (or i am stupid???). I have tried 2 new screens but ref. ghosting they were crap. I stick with my BenQ XL2420T/TX. I have tried best recommented Acer and ASUS screens and they was NOTHING compared with the BenQ XL2420T, but you can only get this @ ebay if you are lucky. The Screen has DP.

BUT, any newer screen should have DP if its 3D ready.

But if you can, get a BenQ XL2420T (you need pyramide emitter !!!) or BenQ XL2420TX (build in emitter), you only need 3D Vision glasses. There are some offers in germany currently. Let me know if i should arrange a purchease and shipping for you if you are sure thats this screen is what you want if you are not able to purchease.

Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sinizar »

Okay, yeah that model is older than the three 3d monitors I have, none have display port. I appreciate the offer. Just looking for information on a newer monitor that would support display port 3D.

Losti
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Losti »

Sinizar wrote:Okay, yeah that model is older than the three 3d monitors I have, none have display port. I appreciate the offer. Just looking for information on a newer monitor that would support display port 3D.
I have had tested this screen that was announced to be the best but i cant live with the ghosting and the smearing effect (image retention):

27" (68,58cm) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR schwarz 2560x1440 1xDisplayPort / 1xHDMI

Same for this one:

Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 69 cm (27 Zoll) Monitor (HDMI, USB 3.0, DisplayPort, 2560 x 1440, EEK B
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... xb271hu-a/

Here are some screen suggestions in the posts:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... n-for-me-/

Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

You need an adapter like this one "StarTech.com DP2DVID2" to benefit from the dual-link, and the 3D vision, but it's very expensive, 200 € ...

Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sinizar »

Kermitou wrote:You need an adapter like this one "StarTech.com DP2DVID2" to benefit from the dual-link, and the 3D vision, but it's very expensive, 200 € ...
I have not seen anyone say that this specific adapter will work. I can get it on Amazon for $117 which I would happily pay if someone can tell me it works and you can play 3D vision on a 3D vision monitor using DP to DVI-D.

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by Dom »

This might help: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... y-adapters
google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=3d+visi ... e&ie=UTF-8

I read some people say the adapters go out of sync so I am not sure why that is, I read some reviews on Amazon

Hope this helps,

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sinizar »

I purchased the XB272 Acer Predator and it only has display port and HDMI connections. I was not able to get the RTX 2080 Super to work as the drivers do not support 3D Vision. So I replaced it with a RTX 2070 mini, rolled back the drivers, and rolled back Windows 10 and now I have perfect Stereoscopic 3D Vision through Display Port. I can also run G-Sync and 240hz for games that don’t support 3D Vision.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”