It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Recent Fixes @ the HelixMod Blogspot 
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

I sincerely apologize to the shader hackers for my many posts today on the HelixMod blog because your fixes are no longer in the RecentFix list. I have added the games that have been fixed so far but there has not yet been a release on the blog. It is primarily UNIVERSAL-FIXED Games that I have added to the blog so that the list is complete and the message that a game was repaired did not disappear in the Nirvana from a post in the MTBS forum.

So that nobody misses the fixes released in the last few days, I will post a list here when I'm done. Please note that my posts are 90% informational only, that a game was repaired with a UNIVERSAL fix.

Cheers !!! Losti.

//PS:

I have a few more things to do before I publish the list. It is just a compilation to record all fixes published today and in the last days, because the RECENT FIX LIST from the blog is not that big.

I would also ask that you name HERE IN THE POST all games that have been fixed with a universal fix so that we can publish them on the blog and that fixes do not disappear again in the swamp of the forum. Not everyone reads every post! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:01 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Perhaps DSS or bo3b could increase the Recent Release list to 10 instead of 5?

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

3DNovice wrote:

Normally this shouldn't be necessary, I'm just catching up on something that doesn't happen that often. If games repaired by a UNIVERSAL will be posted here in the future, it will be manageable again :-)

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Perhaps they could make a separate list for "recently updated" ?

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

This is the list from the last days, i am so sorry for the spam!!! Please dont miss MASTEROTAKUS fixes!!!

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:24 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thanks for all the updates Losti, ofc. it's important that we can find the games on the blog, even if it's "just" the Universal fix!

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:38 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

@Losti: I found couple of shadow shaders that caused trouble in Shenmue 3 with universal fix. If I remember correctly they rendered only for one eye. Nothing major but I disabled them. There might be more later in the game, I'm maybe only half way through. Here's the shaders from my d3dx.ini:

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_1]
hash=9e1439314ae758d8
handling=skip

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_2]
hash=bee1c770025b0a60
handling=skip

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_3]
hash=e36dcd4cf7d87eb6
handling=skip

Oh, almost forgot. I also had to set disable_scissor = 0 for HUD elements since there are couple of bars (when training certain things) that showed only as full.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:42 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Vaeltaja wrote:
@Losti: I found couple of shadow shaders that caused trouble in Shenmue 3 with universal fix. If I remember correctly they rendered only for one eye. Nothing major but I disabled them. There might be more later in the game, I'm maybe only half way through. Here's the shaders from my d3dx.ini:

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_1]
hash=9e1439314ae758d8
handling=skip

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_2]
hash=bee1c770025b0a60
handling=skip

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_3]
hash=e36dcd4cf7d87eb6
handling=skip

Oh, almost forgot. I also had to set disable_scissor = 0 for HUD elements since there are couple of bars (when training certain things) that showed only as full.

Thanks, i have added the link to your Post in the BlogPost :-)

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:31 am
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Some INOF on the autoconvergence in cutscenes:

open ShaderRegEx_UE4_UNIVERSAL2_C44.ini in ..\ShaderFixes folder
search for "ShaderRegex_15_LightPosFix1" (w/o "")
Here you can see the following lines:
ResourceDBScaler = ps-cb1
Resource\ShaderFixes\auto_convergence.ini\DepthBuffer = oD unless_null
Resource\ShaderFixes\auto_convergence.ini\_gGlobalParam = ps-cb1
please remove this from here and save the file, this will make AutoConvergence working fine even in cutscenes!

//UNIVERSAL-FIX 1.13 should fix this for you!

Last edited by Losti on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:32 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Since you haven't enabled autocovergence as a default setting, there must be some drawbacks when enabling it, or what ?

Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 am
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Blacksmith60 wrote:
Since you haven't enabled autocovergence as a default setting, there must be some drawbacks when enabling it, or what ?

There are no downsides (except some performance lost)..... However, this feature is not suitable for all games or the one or the other interferes with the switching of the convergence. It is a matter of taste and not always useful. In addition, since it cannot be guaranteed that Auto Convergence will work for every game, this is deactivated by default. In addition, a little more performance is lost when AutoConvergence is activated.

Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:56 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Just wanted to thank you Losti for your invaluable work for this community!

Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:05 am
Cross Eyed!

Totally awesome to have all these posted to HelixModBlog. Thank you for posting these, because otherwise fixes don't get any attention.

Any fix, using universal fix or otherwise is welcome on the blog. Anyone who wants to post to the HelixModBlog is welcome, just PM me and I'll set you up. I manage both the Blog and the AWS hosting now, so I can give you access.

Losti wrote:
3DNovice wrote:

Normally this shouldn't be necessary, I'm just catching up on something that doesn't happen that often. If games repaired by a UNIVERSAL will be posted here in the future, it will be manageable again :-)

Not sure it's too significant, but I went ahead and bumped the posted dates for the earlier 5 fixes, so they appear above your most recent posts. Won't change the Recent list I think, but show up in the main page.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:48 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Nice thank you Bob!

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]