Combination of a 3D Fix and Vorpx

VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Combination of a 3D Fix and Vorpx

Post by VR-Punk »

Hi,

i have tried the last three Vorpx Tomb Raider Profiles with SBS support with some 3dMigoto SBS Fixes, but it is not working.

In all Games i have tried Reshade Depth3D SBS (Fake3D), the three last Vorpx Tomb Raider Profiles are working well.

I suspect the hooking methods of 3dMigoto and Vorpx are not compatible.

i need help

Chtiblue
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: Combination of a 3D Fix and Vorpx

Post by Chtiblue »

Following

VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR-Punk »

3dmigoto github says:

This loader can be used if dxgi is required earlier than d3d11, like ShadowOfWar. Works for both Win7 and Win10, but is x64 only. This is not the same as the 3DMigoto Loader.exe shipped with 3DMigoto 1.3.15+ and is used in different circumstances.

x64 dxgi.dll loader

This is maybe the solution for the hooking conflict, but i don't know exactly witch changes are necessary in the "d3dx.ini" of the 3d Fixes to make the dxgi.dll working with it.

I have edited "d3dx.ini" to uncomment the line "proxy_d3d11=dxgi.dll" but no success

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Pretty sure that using any Nvidia 3DVision fix is not going to work with VorpX, because VorpX does not use 3D Vision to stereoize the image, it does it's own stereoization. That's why VorpX has introduced it's own shader dumping and replacement features once Ralph started coming around the 3DVision forums and conversing with members of the community to understand more about what we were doing to fix broken effects in 3D... but (unless there's been progression on the VorpX side I'm unaware of) it uses it's own code/formatting, so again, Nvidia 3D fixes won't work.

It sounds like what you want is HelixVision, an app that allows you to play PC games using a VR headset in stereo 3D utilizing 3DVision, with any 3D fix available.

VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR-Punk »

hi,

there are a few vorpx profiles, that are not using the vorpx built-in 3d support, this profiles having no options for vorpx built-in Geometry 3D or Z-Buffer 3D. The Tomb Raider Games are having its own 3D Support based on 3D Vision and vorpx is using this in the Tomb Raider profiles in 3D Vision SBS Mode. You can simply turn on and off, SBS and Top/Buttom 3D in the ingame OSD Settings of vorpx. The Vorpx Tomb Raider profiles having the option to use the 3D Vision SBS option of the tomb raider game itself and you can use this profiles for many other games without a built-in 3D Vision support of the game itself, too. Of Course you won't have any 3D option in that case. This Vorpx Profiles are hooking many other games without having its own built-in 3D Vision support. For those games you can use an extern 3D SBS Tool like Reshades Depth3D or 3DMigoto. If you use Reshades 3D SBS mode hooked by a dxgi.dll instead of the d3d11.dll of 3DMigoto you can use Reshades 3D SBS mode in combination with vorpx without the vorpx built-in 3D option. The problem is if you start a game with 3dmigoto profile in 3D SBS mode vorpx is detecting a hooking conflict, because 3DMigoto is using a d3d11.dll instead of a dxgi.dll like Reshade. I think with a few vorpx profiles it is possible to use an 3DMigoto in SBS Mode in combination with vorpx.
Last edited by VR-Punk on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyrimer
Cross Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Slightly off topic, but I wanted to mention that the latest Vorpx version added something really interesting:

D3D12: Basic shader authoring implemented,
D3D12: New frame syncing method, reduces occasional judder. Note that WMR headsets still require a higher game frame rate than Oculus/Index/Vive for judder free operation

So maybe Ralf is finally making a DX12 wrapper? Knowing that you can set up Vorpx to work on SBS ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgS7OeYwWuw&t=1s ), maybe there's hope for dx12 games in 3d in the future.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

@VR_Punk: Still sounds like HelixVision is the solution to getting what you want, otherwise it sounds like you're trying to shoehorn 2 applications together to perform what is the main feature of HV.

I know, you've already invested $40 into VorpX, why spend another $5 on HV? Well, for starters, it's only $5 (not even, actually), and second, it's developed by some of the primary members behind 3DMigoto, so asking/expecting further support from the 3DMigoto team to get it working with VorpX is essentially asking them to cannibalize their own market (not that they are in it for the money, otherwise they would probably charge a heck of a lot more).

Anyways, if you've already tried the proxy load method then you're probably out of luck in getting them working together, unless VorpX has it's own proxy loading/DLL chaining method, in which case you should check on the VorpX forums.

VR-Punk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR-Punk »

hi,

i like the 3D Effect of 3D Vision more than the 3D Effect of Vorpx, thats is the reason why i'm asking. But the 360 degree FullVR Mode of Vorpx is better than the cinema mode of HelixVision.

I bought HelixVision earlier, and i will use HelixVision and Vorpx both in the future. HelixVision has to be more expensive and should have more features, but at the moment i'm happy with it, too.
Last edited by VR-Punk on Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chtiblue
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Chtiblue »

VR-Punk wrote:hi,
But the 360 degree FullVR Mode of Vorpx is better than the cinema mode of HelixVision.
Agreed, this is VR immersion, where VR beats 3Dvision

3DNovice
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DNovice »

Ralph did implement a feature to add texture/shader fixes into games stereoized via VorpX.

But it requires shaderhacker type of people to implement it.

Ralph said

"It’s about three months since vorpX 19.2.0, so some may start to wonder when vorpX 19.3.0 will be out. TBH I’m not quite sure yet, might be pretty soon or maybe take a little longer than usual. We will see.

The reason why I can’t tell yet is that vorpX will get an absolutely huge new feature with the next update that brings an entirely new playground for profile authors: you will finally be able to modify individual game shaders, which is immensly useful for fixing effects that may not work perfectly in 3D with vorpX’s traditional authoring toolset."

https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/a-li ... neak-peek/

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”