It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest (WiP) 
One Eyed Hopeful

Here's my first 3D fix to this lovely, light-hearted turn-based strategy RPG. The fix just removes effects and shaders that are broken in 3D and adds keys to low convergence (for spell casting animations) and different convergence presets.

Important info: Some HUD elements like 'move' and 'action' bars above characters change their depth depending on camera zoom and convergence setting. I've made some presets, since you have to zoom camera in and out many times during the game to get better view of the level. I've also added key to toggle high/low convergence since spell casting animations break at high setting. So if the game looks weird when the mission starts just change higher convergence with z-key and zoom camera in/out until movement/action bars are at right depth. If the high convergence setting is too much press x-key to try different presets (remember that you have to adjust camera zoom level for every preset with mouse wheel).

Also important info: This fix is still Work in Progress since I haven't played the game through yet (I'm about halfway through), so there might be some broken shaders left. I will release this fix in Helix Blog when it's ready and I find out how to release fixes there. :D

Installation: Download Druidstone_no_shadow_fix.zip and unzip it to folder where druidstone.exe is located (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Druidstone\
Start the game and go to settings. In presentation options choose resolution and enable fullscreen. The fix works with ambient occlusion and anti-aliasing so choose which ever you prefer.

Key presets:

z = toggle high/low convergence (low is on as default)
x = cycle convergence presets

Enjoy!

https://www.gog.com/game/druidstone_the ... hir_forest

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]