It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 LG 47LM5800-UC EDID Override 
Two Eyed Hopeful

Sorry for the 2nd post pertaining to this. The other one mentions OLED screens but I'm curious if anyone knows of an EDID override for an LED backlit LG to use it for 3DV and not be locked to 720p with 3DPlay?

The model is LG 47LM5800-UC, a 120Hz LED backlit 3D display. 47"

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:14 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Almost all passive TV use the same technic which is the interleave/interlaced plastic polariser. Therefor it is the same result only the native resolution matters.

For more details: (past an old post of mine)

The LG EF9500 / EF950V is not the greatest for 3D... First of all, I don't like the passive 3D, filters are too restrictive, in 1080p TV it was not good, first because of the interlaced lignes which were too visible, then because the filters wasn't good enough. On 4K TV, the lignes are not visible anymore (at least at 2 meters), but the filters are still too cheap or not placed correctly.

RealD official glasses are better for moving permissions than the LG, less ghosting will appeared, for fixed watching, the 3D is the same. I've noted though that new official Reald 3D (with edges) are less blueish, more marroonish.

Passive glasses can be linear or circular and polarisation angles may be 4 differences (0°, 45°, 90°, 135° or their negatives one).

You need circular glasses with 0°/0° (like RealD) orientation, not 135°/135° (LG monitors / Zalman monitors). Linear glasses won't work either (IMax 0°/90° and Theme park glasses 45°/135°).

LG FPG-200F Cinema 3D glasses = 0°/0°
LG FPG-200F 3D Monitor glasses = 135°/135° (or 135°/-45°)

To understand the construction of a circular polariser:
Circular polarisers are constructed using two layers, firstly a linear polariser and secondly a quarter wave retarder. The retarding axis of the quarter wave retarder is oriented either 45° or 135° (-45°) to the orientation of the linear polariser in order to create/decode the left-handed or right-handed orientations of circular polarisation.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

DugomFirst wrote:
Almost all passive TV use the same technic which is the interleave/interlaced plastic polariser. Therefor it is the same result only the native resolution matters.

For more details: (past an old post of mine)

The LG EF9500 / EF950V is not the greatest for 3D... First of all, I don't like the passive 3D, filters are too restrictive, in 1080p TV it was not good, first because of the interlaced lignes which were too visible, then because the filters wasn't good enough. On 4K TV, the lignes are not visible anymore (at least at 2 meters), but the filters are still too cheap or not placed correctly.

RealD official glasses are better for moving permissions than the LG, less ghosting will appeared, for fixed watching, the 3D is the same. I've noted though that new official Reald 3D (with edges) are less blueish, more marroonish.

Passive glasses can be linear or circular and polarisation angles may be 4 differences (0°, 45°, 90°, 135° or their negatives one).

You need circular glasses with 0°/0° (like RealD) orientation, not 135°/135° (LG monitors / Zalman monitors). Linear glasses won't work either (IMax 0°/90° and Theme park glasses 45°/135°).

LG FPG-200F Cinema 3D glasses = 0°/0°
LG FPG-200F 3D Monitor glasses = 135°/135° (or 135°/-45°)

To understand the construction of a circular polariser:
Circular polarisers are constructed using two layers, firstly a linear polariser and secondly a quarter wave retarder. The retarding axis of the quarter wave retarder is oriented either 45° or 135° (-45°) to the orientation of the linear polariser in order to create/decode the left-handed or right-handed orientations of circular polarisation.

This is the LG 47LM5800-UC so I'm just wondering if I have to create my own EDID with the program in another thread. Just was wondering if anyone else had this 3D TV and a working EDID for it.

Are you saying RealD glasses yield better results for LG LED 3DTV's than the default glasses which come with the LG 3DTV?

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:26 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Try the Rabbit Test this way you will know directely whats better:

https://youtu.be/MqpXQVkiJic

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:56 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

How is that going to let me know what is better? I've watched the rabbit video before but it doesn't tell you which EDID to go with.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:06 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

It for Ghosting/Crosstalk setting... It is usefull for selecting better glasses.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]