It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Total War Three Kingdow 
One Eyed Hopeful

Good evening,

Do we have an expert or charitable soul wishing to make a 3d fix for this game?
I also tried with total warhammer 2 but without success
it is a game that I like well and I would like so to have a fix 3d vision to be able to play there.
Thank you

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:52 am
Cross Eyed!

I actually have a Total War: Warhammer II 3D fix WIP that I started making for our friend Necropants about a month ago. The good news is that since I use regex, it might also work for Three Kingdoms. The bad news is that there's still an issue that I haven't been able to overcome yet, which is getting ground textures properly aligned with the geometry, which is a pretty big deal. I was just speaking with Necropants about it yesterday, and I'll be taking another look at it soon, after I finish up with my Jedi: Fallen Order fix.

In the meantime, here's my Warhammer II WIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nd1rsokea ... _WIP_2.zip

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:06 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:
I actually have a Total War: Warhammer II 3D fix WIP that I started making for our friend Necropants about a month ago. The good news is that since I use regex, it might also work for Three Kingdoms. The bad news is that there's still an issue that I haven't been able to overcome yet, which is getting ground textures properly aligned with the geometry, which is a pretty big deal. I was just speaking with Necropants about it yesterday, and I'll be taking another look at it soon, after I finish up with my Jedi: Fallen Order fix.

In the meantime, here's my Warhammer II WIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nd1rsokea ... _WIP_2.zip

Thank you for your message DJ-RK that gave me back to play total warhammer 2 in true 3d vision
it's a great game and very immersive.
Thank you really for your work to make this game playable !!
A big thank-you
If you wish I can offer you via steam the next DLC of this game that will arrive in December for your efforts to make it playable
let me know: o)

if i can currently afford total warhammer 2 is playable only in fake 3d CM using the profile of Total Warhamer 1
But in real 3d vision indeed the soil presents unpleasant shadows ... just as was Total War Attila at its exit and which was subsequently playable in True 3d vision

Sorry for my mediocre english (google translation)

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:28 pm
Cross Eyed!

The ground texture problems are the issue in this engine which makes it unfortunately a bit unplayable in true 3D. So my fingers are crossed Dj-RK has a break through.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:40 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thank You DJ-RK for looking in to this one.

Love this series but never played Warhammer parts, because there where no fix.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:32 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Necropants wrote:
The ground texture problems are the issue in this engine which makes it unfortunately a bit unplayable in true 3D. So my fingers are crossed Dj-RK has a break through.

hello Necropants,

We had also discussed together on the nvidia 3d foru and the fact that total warhammer II was not too playable in true 3d vision.

I remember that you advised me to take the profile Total Warhammer 1 to be able to play in Fake 3D vision.

it works well, but the fact that a person from the forum (DJ-RK) will try to make a fix 3D vision for Total Warhammer II is a very good thing .... and then do not forget that Total Warhammer 3 auras the same engine as Total Warhammer 2 so we'll be quiet for a little while: o)

Thanks to DJ-RK for these efforts to make this great game playable.

(ps) I remember that Total Attila had exactly the same problem with this system of shadow on the ground and then one day a miracle FIX allowed to erase these horrible 2D / 3D shadows from the ground.

So hope !!

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am
One Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:

Hello DJ RK,

Knowing your work for Jedi Fallen finished 3d vision
Can you spend some of your time on Total Warhammer II to make it definitely playable in 3D vision?

Thank you

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 pm
Cross Eyed!

stfparis17 wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:

Hello DJ RK,

Can you spend some of your time on Total Warhammer II to make it definitely playable in 3D vision?

Thank you

Considering I just finished a big project, I'm trying not to think too much about fixing right now, but I'll try to take a look over the next week and make one last effort for the terrain issue.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:29 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:
stfparis17 wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:

Hello DJ RK,

Thank you

Considering I just finished a big project, I'm trying not to think too much about fixing right now, but I'll try to take a look over the next week and make one last effort for the terrain issue.

thank you for your message and especially your efforts.
I stay tuned for your next posts about feasibility or not
good weekend to come

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Cross Eyed!

Sorry guys, I tried the other approaches to fixing the terrain issue and none of them helped, so my previous WIP is the best I can offer here. I suspect that there's actually a reasonable possibility that maybe a driver profile setting could possibly resolve the issue, but I haven't been able to find any that helped. I thought StereoTextureEnable was a very strong candidate and tried quite a few different flags here, but no luck. I've already spent way more time on this than I would like so maybe someone else may want to try their luck and might come across the magic setting.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:31 pm
Cross Eyed!

Oh well.. Thanks alot for your efforts anyway.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:44 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi DJ-RK
Thank you for your efforts and all the time.
We will content ourselves with the false 3d vision.
Waiting for Total Warhammer III ..: o)

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]