It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Grey: An Alien Dream, Flipping Death, 2D cardboard games 
Two Eyed Hopeful

Checked over in the discord server but someone said 3DFM has native Unity support. The game Flipping Death looks like a good title to experience in 3D and I've had other Unity games just work in 3D without an actual fix file. Just wondering when adding the game to 3DFM, is there a best option to use like helixmod32, 3dmigoto32, etc?

Pic attached.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Feisty_Fernando on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:50 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

It sure looks like a game, that might work out of the box.

Unity games needs to be forced in fullscreen, open the shortcut and and this line in the destination line "-window-mode exclusive" without the qutation marks!
In Steam add the line in properties/launch options.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:
It sure looks like a game, that might work out of the box.

Unity games needs to be forced in fullscreen, open the shortcut and and this line in the destination line "-window-mode exclusive" without the qutation marks!
In Steam add the line in properties/launch options.

In 3DFM, which 3D wrapper to use for a Unity game? I can choose HelixMod x64, OpenGL x64, or 3DMigoto x64

I will try the forced fullscreen line and see what happens. Appreciate the tip.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

You got me curious because I have a soft spot for 2D layred (cardboard) games, so I got the game :)
To my surprice it might be the most beatifull cardboard game ever, there are incredibly many layers 20 and maybe more, never seen anything like it before!!

Tbh I'm not sure about the 3DFM, but just download the universal Unity fix here http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/09/un ... l-fix.html
Unpack and copy it to your game dir with the FlippingDeath.exe, and remember the "-window-mode exclusive" like i said.

It has some very minor issues with light and shadows, but if you fine tune the depht and convergence, it's very hard to see, start up with lowering the depht to arround 60-70% and then crank up the convergence till it looks perfect.

Thanks for posting, it's higly recommended for any cardboard lover :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 am
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

I can run the DSS-UNITY script for this game if you want that may fix the remainging things and add some HUD fix if you Need.

@Feisty_Fernando: Without any fix a game is not working since arround 2012 in 99 % of the cases. If there is no fix in 3DFM, just adding this and using Migoto will not fix the game. But for Unity if there is no massive modification we can quickly make fixes if the suggested universal fix from DHR is not working perfect. Just remember to uncomment the include line for the FIX INI you Need in the d3dx.ini file at the top section of the file. Right klick the game exe and get Details, here you can see the unity Version. Choose the ini to include respective to this but if this is not working best, also try other inis to inclube but ONLY include once at the same time. Uncomment with adding a ; infront of a line to skipp the include.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:42 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

@Losti, thanks for the offer, but like I said it's really close to perfect.

Furthermore this is a Unity 2017 game, AFAIK unless they are updated, DSS's scripts doesn't work here, otherwise I had done it myself, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Edit: If and I mean if, you ever get the time, an update of the Unity Universal fix would be awesome :)

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:02 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Losti wrote:
I can run the DSS-UNITY script for this game if you want that may fix the remainging things and add some HUD fix if you Need.

@Feisty_Fernando: Without any fix a game is not working since arround 2012 in 99 % of the cases. If there is no fix in 3DFM, just adding this and using Migoto will not fix the game. But for Unity if there is no massive modification we can quickly make fixes if the suggested universal fix from DHR is not working perfect. Just remember to uncomment the include line for the FIX INI you Need in the d3dx.ini file at the top section of the file. Right klick the game exe and get Details, here you can see the unity Version. Choose the ini to include respective to this but if this is not working best, also try other inis to inclube but ONLY include once at the same time. Uncomment with adding a ; infront of a line to skipp the include.

That's strange. I've found some games work without a 3D fix, for instance Slasher's Keep works good in 3D on the Avegant Glyph but not 3DV and the pyramid emitter where 3D won't engage no matter what I try. I was able to get 3D in Flipping Death prior to seeing that unity fix in this thread but like mentioned there are some issues with shadows and being that the game is constantly zooming in and out it seems like a constant manual change in separation and convergence to see a 3D imagine. This picture was taken without the unity fix:

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:50 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:
You got me curious because I have a soft spot for 2D layred (cardboard) games, so I got the game :)
To my surprice it might be the most beatifull cardboard game ever, there are incredibly many layers 20 and maybe more, never seen anything like it before!!

Tbh I'm not sure about the 3DFM, but just download the universal Unity fix here http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/09/un ... l-fix.html
Unpack and copy it to your game dir with the FlippingDeath.exe, and remember the "-window-mode exclusive" like i said.

It has some very minor issues with light and shadows, but if you fine tune the depht and convergence, it's very hard to see, start up with lowering the depht to arround 60-70% and then crank up the convergence till it looks perfect.

Same! Can you recommend any other cardboard layer games?

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:01 am
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Of course some games can be good out of the box but thats the minority. Annyway, all i want to say is that 3DFM will not have to do with it. Its a programm for install and Configure fixes not to fix things. But migoto have some fullscreen options you can activated that a game Starts in full screen of course.

Try the universal fix and see if your probelms are solved.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:13 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

@Losti Cardboard games are allmost allways, good - perfect out of the box, just with forced fullscreen and perhaps another profile.

@Feisty_Fernando Those pictures you've posted, is that with the fix and lowered depht + increased convergence ?

Later or perhaps tomorow, I'll come up with something usefull :)

This was a topic I started at the old forum, with lots of beautifull cardboard games, most with explanations on how to make them work, but ask here if you have any questions !

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ders-in-3/

Edit: Feisty, could you please change the headline to something like this " Flipping Death, and other 2D cardboard games" that would make it alot easier for other interested to find it, and we can keep the discussions for other related games here..

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 am
Cross Eyed!

Feisty_Fernando wrote:
Blacksmith60 wrote:

Same! Can you recommend any other cardboard layer games?

Great to hear this game works great, but that screenshot doesn't look too good, can that be fixed just by tweaking depth/convergence?

Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:53 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:
@Losti Cardboard games are allmost allways, good - perfect out of the box, just with forced fullscreen and perhaps another profile.

@Feisty_Fernando Those pictures you've posted, is that with the fix and lowered depht + increased convergence ?

This was a topic I started at the old forum, with lots of beautifull cardboard games, most with explanations on how to make them work, but ask here if you have any questions !

Edit: Feisty, could you please change the headline to something like this " Flipping Death, and other 2D cardboard games" that would make it alot easier for other interested to find it, and we can keep the discussions for other related games here..

It was without the Unity fix and just messing about with depth and separation. Will try it with the unity fix later, had to rearrange my living room so I have to plug things back in.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

For your convinience, just extract this to the game folder, and it's 3D Ready, set depht and convergence as you like !

This is all DHR's work, I just put it together the right way :)

Edit: This version is obsolete now

Last edited by Blacksmith60 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:52 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Attachment:
FlippingDeath014_085.jpg
Final version here, it's 100% as I want it, with some trim and disabled the dof shader, it looks awesome now with any settings!

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:40 am
Cross Eyed!

Thanks for the fix Blacksmith! can you upload it to Helixmod, or maybe someone could help with that.

Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:36 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Good work, Blacksmith!

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Curious - anyone try INSIDE in 3DV since it's on the steam sale?

Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:30 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Feisty_Fernando wrote:
Curious - anyone try INSIDE in 3DV since it's on the steam sale?

This game was amazing, especially backgrounds, with the fix, but I don't know if the game still runs good with update, because I played it a long time ago.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:02 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Nice find!

Thanks for sharing, I love these papercut 3D games.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:16 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:

Not sure if this game fits under the cardboard category - Grey: An Alien Dream. Made in Unity and seems like it might be an easy fix. Side-scrolling beat'em up with knights in armor and UFO's in the background.

EDIT: Just checked Helix Mod, Flipping Death fix isn't listed on that site.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Feisty_Fernando wrote:
Blacksmith60 wrote:

Not sure if this game fits under the cardboard category - Grey: An Alien Dream. Made in Unity and seems like it might be an easy fix. Side-scrolling beat'em up with knights in armor and UFO's in the background.

I will post it sooner or later, I have tried but my permission is expired...

Grey doesn't look like a cardboard game to me, but does it work/3D kick in or what ?

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:18 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:
Feisty_Fernando wrote:
Blacksmith60 wrote:

I will post it sooner or later, I have tried but my permission is expired...

Grey doesn't look like a cardboard game to me, but does it work/3D kick in or what ?

Haven't bought the game yet. Thought 3DMigoto had native Unity support?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:06 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

3dMigoto doesn't have native support for anything really, but ofc you can try the universal Unity fix, rember to use the right version.
Actually Unity games can sometimes be tricky to activate in 3D.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:17 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Blacksmith60 wrote:
3dMigoto doesn't have native support for anything really, but ofc you can try the universal Unity fix, rember to use the right version.
Actually Unity games can sometimes be tricky to activate in 3D.

Can you make games run in 3D without the 3DFM or 3DV software? I've always had to have one of the two running to get 3D to engage.

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Yes, it's mostly about the game profiles stereo settings.

You can change the settings manually, but for unexperienced gamers, I think swapping the profile with one you know works in NVinspector is the easiest route.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]