Everspace - anyone ever attempt 3D'ing this one?

Feisty_Fernando
Two Eyed Hopeful

Everspace - anyone ever attempt 3D'ing this one?

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Picked it up on the steam sale - didn't see anything over on helix mod. Looks like a good game for the 3D treatment.

Anyone ever attempt this one?

DJ-RK
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Everspace - anyone ever attempt 3D'ing this one?

Post by DJ-RK »

Yeah, I had whipped together a simple fix for it back in the day, but I only had posted a link on the old forum, I never got around to uploading it to the blog... which I should probably get around to doing, although I may as well update it first with my newer learnings and script. For now, here is a link to the existing WIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1bflxrktz ... ce_WIP.zip

Blacksmith60
Cross Eyed!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Hmm.. looks interesting and the price seems more than fair, hope that you'll find time to update the fix at some point :)

Feisty_Fernando
Two Eyed Hopeful

Anyone able to try the quick fix or nab some 3D screenshots?

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Why? You said you already bought the game, why wouldn't you just install the fix and check it out for yourself? That takes all of 2 minutes to achieve, certainly faster than to type up a message asking for others to provide you with information you could have just verified yourself.

The game was in a perfectly playable state, like 99% of effects fixed (think maybe some specular or screenspace reflections aren't perfect, but you barely notice those). It was "good enough" for everyone before, but here you are asking others to provide you with screenshots or evidence it works or is "good enough" for you, instead of accepting what was freely provided to you as a solution. To be honest, that kinda rubs me a little bit the wrong way and feels a little bit ungrateful.

Anyway, "you're welcome."

Feisty_Fernando
Two Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:Why? You said you already bought the game, why wouldn't you just install the fix and check it out for yourself? That takes all of 2 minutes to achieve, certainly faster than to type up a message asking for others to provide you with information you could have just verified yourself.

The game was in a perfectly playable state, like 99% of effects fixed (think maybe some specular or screenspace reflections aren't perfect, but you barely notice those). It was "good enough" for everyone before, but here you are asking others to provide you with screenshots or evidence it works or is "good enough" for you, instead of accepting what was freely provided to you as a solution. To be honest, that kinda rubs me a little bit the wrong way and feels a little bit ungrateful.

Anyway, "you're welcome."

My dad just passed from cancer and I need things in my life right now to get excited about. A screen shot would have done that, while trying to get it running in 3D could have resulted in frustration as some games do even with fixes and need a little more tweaking. It takes closer to 10 minutes to launch 3DFM, create a game profile, sync glasses, and test. Frustration is the last thing I need right now, I'm finally back to sleeping again and eating normally.

I have yet to play through any game in 3D, so far it's just been testing and seeing 3D effects.

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

I can confirm that the fix is working. DJ-RK posted the fix for me at nvidia forums some months ago and I played the game a lot. I don't think I have Everspace installed at the moment so I can't get screenshots but it looks good and I didn't have any trouble installing the fix if I recall correctly. The game is guite immersive with 3d and HOTAS.

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by RAGEdemon »

Feisty_Fernando wrote:My dad just passed from cancer
Sorry but:

Posting here and waiting for a response would take an extraordinarily more amount of time than applying the fix manually or 3DFM. Posting here doesn't make much sense regardless of recent circumstances.

Anyway, FWIW, the game runs well in VR, if you have that.
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti | 32GB 3956MHz CL16 RAM | Optane SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

If that is true, then you have my condolences (I lost my mother 3 years ago to cancer), but I still stand behind my previous words because, a) I had no knowledge of the situation with your father, and b) it still is a flimsy bit of reasoning about not wanting to be disappointed, so to impose upon others what you are perfectly capable of achieving on your own (in a much faster time). It would be understandable if you didn't own the game already and wanted to help decide whether to purchase. Also, this is a UE4 game. Y'know, the same UE4 that has been almost completely figured out by several members of the community working together and automating into a universal fix? This being an older fix utilized the older DHR universal script, but that still was enough to get the game around 90% fixed as is, and I added the necessary stuff for HUD and a few things that didn't get picked up.

In other words, just play the game already! Or don't and wait, and maybe in the near future I'll have a hankering to play this game again and I'll take the time to update the fix further and post it up to the blog, but that's relatively low-likely to ever happen, soooo.....

Feisty_Fernando
Two Eyed Hopeful

RAGEdemon wrote:
Sorry but:

Posting here and waiting for a response would take an extraordinarily more amount of time than applying the fix manually or 3DFM. Posting here doesn't make much sense regardless of recent circumstances.

Anyway, FWIW, the game runs well in VR, if you have that.

I get that stuff on the internet might be difficult to believe in 2020, I'm a skeptic myself. Want me to upload video taken from 2 months before he died?

Blacksmith60
Cross Eyed!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Feisty, you get it all wrong...(am I right guys ?:)

Nobody doubts that your father has passed away, the doubt concerns your arguments for not just trying the fix yourself, those arguments where pure nonsense :D

Anyway after reading the others comments, I'll just buy the game, and not even pledge for a fix update, Thanks DJ-RK.

DJ-RK

Post by DJ-RK »

Sorry guys, I was a bit on edge before because I just started back working again after a 4 month long hiatus, so my time and energy is in very limited supply now and I got to make that sh*t count now! 8-)

Fact of the matter is, this game is not up on the blog, and it rightfully should be. I'll add it to my todo list to post the fix (with a couple supplementary screenshots, as per usual) in it's current state to the blog this weekend, and hopefully maybe I'll find the time to fire it up and see if I could give it a bit of polish first before I do so, but that's definitely in the realm of "bonus marks" for me if I can manage to do so. :P

skyguy
One Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by skyguy »

Play this game, it's my favorite game that came out of no where and I like Freespace, Wing commander, and Privateer. I can't believe it came from a mobile developer too.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”