The Outer Worlds [Released]

maurizioclaudio21
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: The Outer Worlds [Released]

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Losti wrote:Lol can it be that i was missing to add the shaderfixes folder to the Archive???

In fact it is missing
Infatti manca

thebigdogma
Cross Eyed!

Post by thebigdogma »

Here is a shot of the error messages...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thebigdogma
Cross Eyed!

Post by thebigdogma »

Losti wrote:The smoothness is because of the cached files i have added to the Archive.

//Edit: i have missed to add the Shaderfixes folder....... :-)

And no RegEx means super Performance but broken game.

Damn i will reupload the fix this evening in approx 10 hrs.
LOL... thanks!

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

Sometimes i should not Release a Fix after 12 hrs of shader hacking ^^

Sorry for that !

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

OK, the Fix is up at the blog, now with shaderfix folder and user ini ^^

bo3bber
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:OK, the Fix is up at the blog, now with shaderfix folder and user ini ^^
This is terrific, thank you kindly for the dedication here! :ugeek:

For anyone interested in the Win10 Store version via XGP, it might be that the stability issues I see are caused by either the fix or the 3D Injector.

I went to test Losti's release, and instead found that Windows had yet again decided that I absolutely must have the latest video driver, and it's not a question, it's a demand, you lowly heathen.

So yeah, thanks Mfer, because of course the latest and 'best' driver has no 3D, so you just blew away my setup. (It's a test 1903 on Win 10 Home, not a big loss, just annoying.)

Too much freakin' bother to set everything back up again, for the 45 minutes I've got, so I just play in 2D. Not a single crash. Very minor stutter/stall.

I'll report more later as I test more, just a heads up.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

Remings me to add the loader thing i have missed, sorry.

BUT: What about the things swing posted to add 3D tot he latest driver even in Win 10 19XX ?? Do not play the game in 2D" reata a wnín 18XX standalone version on a separate HD/Partition.

BOB whats happend! Dont play 2D!!!

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Thank you Losti! I tried the fix little bit yesterday and had no issues with it. The game crashed but I think it's because of my cpu overclock. The game used to crash before the fix until I disabled the cpu overclock and after that it started to run like it should. I noticed that one other Unreal engine game that doesn't like cpu overclocking is Operencia. Haven't tried either of those games with lower oc (I have Ryzen 2600x oc'd to 4.25MHz) but without oc both run stable.

Now I have enabled overclocking since I need everything I can get from my cpu to play Jurassic World Evolution in 3d, so I won't be playing The Other Worlds for a while. But that's fine since I find TOW kinda mediocre and not so interesting game - it's more shallow than it pretends to be. Maybe I'll try it again when I get bored with JW:E and Wizardry 8..

Necropants
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Necropants »

Once again, Thank you very much for doing this looks great now.

PM sent....

Skawen
Cross Eyed!

Post by Skawen »

Vaeltaja wrote:Now I have enabled overclocking since I need everything I can get from my cpu to play Jurassic World Evolution in 3d,
Do You use some kind of fix for this game or is it playable out of the box ? Because it uses Cobra engine which don't have universal fix.

Blacksmith60
Cross Eyed!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Just did a quick test, I still has some unfinished buisness elsewhere :)

It looks great, so thanks again !

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Skawen wrote:Do You use some kind of fix for this game or is it playable out of the box ? Because it uses Cobra engine which don't have universal fix.
The game is compatible out of the box but you have to disable shadows. It's very demanding game in 3d. I get around 30fps with oc'd RTX 2070 and 2600x with almost everything set as low. But I don't mind, the game looks good and you can use really high convergence to make your park feel alive. One of my favorite games from last few years.

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Removing this for now and will try to resolve with losti.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

Necrom thank you for the savegame!!!

In this save i have the same issue!! This is the flip to the depth of the MENU/inventory that is present for some milli seconds until the preset is choosen for the loot window, so we got a very short switch to inventory depth and back to normal.

I will redoo the detection of the inventory to a more speciffic texture.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

HUD is much more fixed now but i try to adress the Water Side Reflection issue currently

//EDIT:

Seems i got it ^^ (You need to download this and rename to JPS to see it if you want ^^, you cant see this in this 2D images!)

BEFORE FIX:

AFTER FIX:

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Losti wrote:Necrom thank you for the savegame!!!

In this save i have the same issue!! This is the flip to the depth of the MENU/inventory that is present for some milli seconds until the preset is choosen for the loot window, so we got a very short switch to inventory depth and back to normal.

I will redoo the detection of the inventory to a more speciffic texture.
Thanks alot, good to see I wasn't just going crazy =)
Last edited by Necropants on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

I prepare the new version, approx 15 mins ! hope you can enjoy this one !!!

It wasnt my intention but i have worked on this since 14 hrs... call it stupid call it Losti show, whatever but i did it ^^ and i have beat the things !

YEAHHH

==> Losti = proud !!!

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

Please find an update at the blog

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/11/th ... y-fix.html

Changes:

Code: Select all

Latest Update: V1.10 - 24.11.2019

- fix water reflection issues at the left and the right part of the screen

- major UI/HUD fixes:

- fix depth change of the HUD while aiming and target a lootbox/corpse

- fix depth changes in some areas while target a corpse (thank you Necropants for reporting this issue and the savegame!)

- fix not toggled auto depth while target a corpse not having a weapon active (except empty corpses!)

- fix disable auto depth while aiming, crosshair is now present at autodepth all the time (until you disable auto depth)

- optimized auto depth while aiming

- add overlay messages for toggle effects

- add key for sniper/normal and huge weapons aiming mode (see section 5.)

- add key for disable approx. fix for reflection velocity that causes reflections to flicker, its up to you to choose in dependency of the scene, default = ON

- add more weapons to fix crosshair while aiming (NOTE: I am sure there are some weapons left, plase do not hesitate to send me a savegame if you have a ugly crosshair for a weapon while aiming, ill fix this!)

- fix issues for inventory elements not in depth

- disable auto convergence for weapons, you need to press a key (one of three) in dep. on the weapon type or your likes, see section 5!!! This was causing depth changes if the enemy has the same weapon

- add depth-presets with "*" key

- changed auto depth disable/enable key to ALT

- lower depth with the LOW CONVERGENCE KEY for optimal terminal view

Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

Thank you

maurizioclaudio21
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

There is a little update @ the Blog:

Latest Update: V1.11 - 30.11.2019
- addition of options to disable the white aiming/target dot (see section 5.1 for options you have, pressing the "L" key)
- fix some bug in a RegEx
- switched to DJ_RKs perfect volumetric light and fig formula
- added windows store version using the loader mechanism from migoto, BO3B! (see download section, start the game with 3DMigotoLoader.exe, run this as admin!!!
(https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23392&start=80#p166153)

OpticalKnob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OpticalKnob »

Losti wrote:There is a little update @ the Blog:

Latest Update: V1.11 - 30.11.2019
- addition of options to disable the white aiming/target dot (see section 5.1 for options you have, pressing the "L" key)
- fix some bug in a RegEx
- switched to DJ_RKs perfect volumetric light and fig formula
- added windows store version using the loader mechanism from migoto, BO3B! (see download section, start the game with 3DMigotoLoader.exe, run this as admin!!!
(https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23392&start=80#p166153)
Losti, thanks so much for the fix, appreciate all the hard work man. I do have a couple questions, are you running on win10? does F11 actually work for tb/sbs in this fix?

I haven't had much luck using this fix yet, when I try to use f11 to switch sbs/tb modes it changes the games display modes. I don't remember how to bind a different key to that since like 20 versions of 3dmigoto ago :(.

would appreciate anyones help on this, thanks again for the fix Losti!

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

OpticalKnob wrote:
Losti, thanks so much for the fix, appreciate all the hard work man. I do have a couple questions, are you running on win10? does F11 actually work for tb/sbs in this fix?

I haven't had much luck using this fix yet, when I try to use f11 to switch sbs/tb modes it changes the games display modes. I don't remember how to bind a different key to that since like 20 versions of 3dmigoto ago :(.

You are welcome!

open the d3dx.ini in the main game directory and search for this line:

;include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini
remove the ";" from this line like this

include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini
Than open the ...\ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini

and search for

key = no_modifiers F11
Change it fo F12 for example.

Save both files and start the game.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Interesting result for the XGP version of the game, is that there is a texture override that causes the game to crash very often. When testing with XGP, I get a crash mostly when I bring up the inventory with Tab.

Game runs fine with no fix installed, and just using the plain 3Dmigoto and the launcher. After doing a binary search on the different pieces of the fix, I narrowed it down to the sequence:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;unstereorize wrong stereorized shadows and lights
 [TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]
 match_type = Texture2D
 match_format = R16_TYPELESS
 match_bind_flags = 0x48
 match_width = height
 StereoMode=2
With that commented out, there are some graphical glitches of course, but game is still playable.

I don't really understand what that is doing, just narrowed it down to this being the cause of the instability on the XGP version. With it commented out, I can run for hours. With it active, I'll crash or hang within about 5 minutes.

Just curious what that sequence is doing, and whether there might be alternative ways to do it that would be worth trying.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote:Interesting result for the XGP version of the game, is that there is a texture override that causes the game to crash very often. When testing with XGP, I get a crash mostly when I bring up the inventory with Tab.

Game runs fine with no fix installed, and just using the plain 3Dmigoto and the launcher. After doing a binary search on the different pieces of the fix, I narrowed it down to the sequence:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;unstereorize wrong stereorized shadows and lights
 match_type = Texture2D
 match_bind_flags = 0x48
 match_width = height
 StereoMode=2
With that commented out, there are some graphical glitches of course, but game is still playable.

I don't really understand what that is doing, just narrowed it down to this being the cause of the instability on the XGP version. With it commented out, I can run for hours. With it active, I'll crash or hang within about 5 minutes.

Just curious what that sequence is doing, and whether there might be alternative ways to do it that would be worth trying.
The Sequence unstereorize wrong stereorized textures by the Stereo flags 5008 but corrects many other things. you can try a shorter Version here that also works and perhaps you are lucky:

match_type = Texture2D
 StereoMode=2
The crashes you reported are gone using the Workaround for crashes in migoto. May be this is notcool for your Version so yo can also try to uncomment the APP_COMPAT_SHIM line in the ini or use another number here (im not sure what number i have set in the fix)

You can also try Stereo Flags 4000 / 4008 or 5000 and if you are lucky you can go without the override above to fix isses without this, but this can may make outlines 2D.

If something is workingfor you, just let me know. I can tell you how to fix 2D outlines if this is the only problem left you you than.

OpticalKnob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by OpticalKnob »

Losti wrote:
OpticalKnob wrote:

You are welcome!

open the d3dx.ini in the main game directory and search for this line:

;include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini
remove the ";" from this line like this

include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini
Than open the ...\ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini

and search for

key = no_modifiers F11
Change it fo F12 for example.

Save both files and start the game.
Well this was totally my fault, was not copying the fix to the right location. I honestly thought I was losing my mind, my fault for being a bone head. Thanks again for the fix Losti. Also, looks awesome by the way! I am using Win10 1903 no issues.

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:
bo3bber wrote:Interesting result for the XGP version of the game, is that there is a texture override that causes the game to crash very often. When testing with XGP, I get a crash mostly when I bring up the inventory with Tab.

match_type = Texture2D
 match_bind_flags = 0x48
 match_width = height
 StereoMode=2

The Sequence unstereorize wrong stereorized textures by the Stereo flags 5008 but corrects many other things. you can try a shorter Version here that also works and perhaps you are lucky:

match_type = Texture2D
 StereoMode=2
The crashes you reported are gone using the Workaround for crashes in migoto. May be this is notcool for your Version so yo can also try to uncomment the APP_COMPAT_SHIM line in the ini or use another number here (im not sure what number i have set in the fix)

You can also try Stereo Flags 4000 / 4008 or 5000 and if you are lucky you can go without the override above to fix isses without this, but this can may make outlines 2D.

If something is workingfor you, just let me know. I can tell you how to fix 2D outlines if this is the only problem left you you than.
Just following up here on the off chance any cares about the Win10 store version.

I tried every combo of flags for StereoDX10 and also APP_COMPAT_SHIM, and nothing works to solve the crash.

I then tested with a debug version of 3Dmigoto, where I could follow the debug layer for DX11, and it reports the error:

D3D11 CORRUPTION: ID3D11DeviceContext::Begin: Two threads were found to be executing functions associated with the same Device[Context] at the same time. This will cause corruption of memory. Appropriate thread synchronization needs to occur external to the Direct3D API (or through the ID3D10Multithread interface). 18836 and 23824 are the implicated thread ids. [ MISCELLANEOUS CORRUPTION #28: CORRUPTED_MULTITHREADING]
So it's definitely crashing because of this multi-threading problem that the APP_COMPAT_SHIM is supposed to fix, but clearly does not in this case. That's why it works for Epic Game Store version, but not for XGP version.

This looks like a bug in the 3D Vision Driver to me, in combination with the Win10 Store restrictions that seem to somehow block the SHIM from working.

Only solution at present is to comment out that TextureOverride that I posted above.

Losti
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Losti »

What about the threated optimization Options in the NVIDIA Driver? May disable or set it to on helps? DDU and another Driver?

bo3bber

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:What about the threated optimization Options in the NVIDIA Driver? May disable or set it to on helps? DDU and another Driver?
I've tried that, but it doesn't solve this problem. I also tried setting affinity manually and in 3Dmigoto to force a single CPU, but that also did not fix the problem.

As near as I can determine, the problem is that the 3D Vision Driver itself is blowing it here by being multi-threaded, and that the APP_COMPAT_SHIM does not work when it's running as a Win10 store container.

If I could pass a command line argument to UE4, I'd be able to direct the game to be single threaded- might or might not help. But of course with this stupid Win10 Store apps, you can't do anything sensible like that.

Yet another reason to hate the Win10 store. Don't buy anything here. (I'm on the one month, $1 deal but will not renew this.)

Necropants

Post by Necropants »

Hey B03b

I know this isn't really the place to post this here. But I see for some reason I can no longer send PM on this forum.... wierd it's like i've been blocked or something.
Also I wanted to as you. I wan't to post a fix up on the blog but it seems like my AWS accounts been disabled or something?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”