Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

This is the place where it all started, and is the forum for VR enthusiasts interested in Palmer Luckey's Oculus Rift.
yautjacetanu
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by yautjacetanu »

Ah yay! This thread came up and I got to reread my whole analysis on satire. That was a good day writing that

Direlight
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by Direlight »

yautjacetanu wrote:Ah yay! This thread came up and I got to reread my whole analysis on satire. That was a good day writing that
Well you "analyzed" something I didn't even write, you inserted my name into a linked blog. I didn't even respond til page 4.

Pretty sure you were analyzing this or something similar:

http://the-games-veda.blogspot.com/2013 ... owing.html

Geekmaster said I was basically blindly following him. I never talked to him and personally feel he's over dramatic, but no idea what was said between them so it's possible parts of what he's saying is true, maybe. You then claimed I was him. Here's where I vaguely mention him
Oh and a few months ago, a guy (unofficial forum) claims he sent you the what would become Oculus Rift design/business plan and he just wants credit on the wiki for that. He also claims Neil banned him for mentioning it.
I've kind of never seen a person actually just insert someone else's blog and use that for personal attacks or "analysis", quite strange.

yautjacetanu
Two Eyed Hopeful
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by yautjacetanu »

No I was analyzing this post: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 99#p136999

Its by Natelight. He was satirically mocking your post but then geekmaster took it too seriously here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 85#p137085

He thought that Natelight was supporting your view. Geekmaster got pretty annoyed. Everyone explained to him it was satrical and then he was ok with it but a little uneasy so I thought I'd follow through by telling Geekmaster exactly why Natelight's counts as satirical.

It was quite fun going into that much detail picking apart a post like that and also then following it up by analysing Geekmaster's personality. Its quite interesting what it is that made it so that geekmaster didn't see the markers that many others saw and it seemed to be linked to geekmaster's everything is possible kind of stance.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 88#p137088

In that post he said he wanted more clues. So I pointed out the clues he could look out for (as he said he still failed to see the irony)

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by geekmaster »

quietboy wrote:... i understand your point. but its all up to the patent offices. i think they have experts who decide whether the rift is good enough for a patent claim.
It is sad when NT (neurotypical/normal) people with their hard-wired restricted view of reality can make such decisions for us aspies (Asperger's Syndrome/Engineer's Disease) who have a DIFFERENT view of reality (as real as the NT view, but different) and who have a different perception of what is obvious.

Too many things that are OBVIOUS to me have been (or will be) patented or trademarked. Trade "marks" are by definition "full unique logos" (MARKS of trade). It pisses me off that US customs are now seizing (and destroying) shipments of multimeters that contain yellow plastic, because Fluke trademarked the COLOR we call "yellow". All the non-Fluke yellow meters we see in stores will be the last. When all the primary and secondary colors are "owned" by various companies, we will only be able to buy our tools in ghastly ugly colors.

This "protection racket" must be torn down NOW!

User avatar
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by GeraldT »

geekmaster wrote: It pisses me off that US customs are now seizing (and destroying) shipments of multimeters that contain yellow plastic, because Fluke trademarked the COLOR we call "yellow". All the non-Fluke yellow meters we see in stores will be the last. When all the primary and secondary colors are "owned" by various companies, we will only be able to buy our tools in ghastly ugly colors.
this is a joke right? I can see it coming ... America, land of the grey people :D
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by geekmaster »

GeraldT wrote:
geekmaster wrote: It pisses me off that US customs are now seizing (and destroying) shipments of multimeters that contain yellow plastic, because Fluke trademarked the COLOR we call "yellow". All the non-Fluke yellow meters we see in stores will be the last. When all the primary and secondary colors are "owned" by various companies, we will only be able to buy our tools in ghastly ugly colors.
this is a joke right? I can see it coming ... America, land of the grey people :D
NO! Not a joke! Sad, but shockingly true. Read all about it here (and on slashdot):
http://hackaday.com/2014/03/19/multimet ... r-imports/

Here is the illegal YELLOW contraband:
Image

It does NOT contain a fake Fluke trademark, or even LOOK like a Fluke instrument. The only thing in common is that it contains yellow plastic!

I would hate to get caught smuggling something as dangerous as this past the TSA!

You can blame apple, for patenting rounded corners and the color BLACK. The patent trolls (and Fluke) are following in their footsteps!
Last edited by geekmaster on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 am
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by GeraldT »

I really wonder if at some point patent laws will get a more common sense revision or if things get further out of hand as coorporations get more influence.
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Forum "celebs" and inventing arguments

Post by geekmaster »

GeraldT wrote:I really wonder if at some point patent laws will get a more common sense revision or if things get further out of hand as coorporations get more influence.
If such revisionist government intervention should occur, I suspect it may go the way of other well-intentioned government programs, converting the well-intentioned road to hell into a "good intentions" superhighway to hell. Just look at how giving money to poor countries destroys their local economies (who can compete with free money?) and makes them hate the USA...

"Fixing" the IP laws (patent, trademark, copyright and DRM) could easily become an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" affair when mega media moguls start forking over campaign contributions to the politicians with their fingers in that pie... Just like all the times before.

Post Reply

Return to “Oculus Rift”