It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Direct Oculus Rift Pre-orders Now Available for $300 
Author Message
Cross Eyed!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 176
Reply with quote
PREORDERED! :D
Jan can't come soon enough. :)

_________________
Congratulations! You're a backer of Among the Sleep by Krillbite Studio
Image


Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:37 am
Profile
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 1498
Reply with quote
Damnit guys, you've made me buy another one as well.

Its a bit wierd though when you preorder that it just asks for your money without asking your name or details first. Guess it gets them from paypal, but made me a bit nervous.


Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:18 pm
Profile
Certif-Eyable!

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm
Posts: 1139
Reply with quote
Bretspot wrote:
PREORDERED! :D
Jan can't come soon enough. :)


Don't wish away the time. We need that time to get lots of software working for it. I wonder if they'll release the SDK before the devkits ship.

Besides, if Jan comes over, I'm not letter her play on it until I've had a go. :D


Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 am
Profile
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:36 pm
Posts: 741
Location: QC, Canada
Reply with quote
WiredEarp wrote:
Damnit guys, you've made me buy another one as well.

Its a bit wierd though when you preorder that it just asks for your money without asking your name or details first. Guess it gets them from paypal, but made me a bit nervous.

All Paypal orders work like that.

I freaked out a little the first time as well. :)


Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 am
Profile
Cross Eyed!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 176
Reply with quote
2EyeGuy wrote:
Bretspot wrote:
PREORDERED! :D
Jan can't come soon enough. :)


Don't wish away the time. We need that time to get lots of software working for it. I wonder if they'll release the SDK before the devkits ship.

Besides, if Jan comes over, I'm not letter her play on it until I've had a go. :D


True that... I'm sure there are plenty of things I can dream up in the meantime... And heck, might be fun to start learning some Unreal Tech in the meantime. Oh yeah and there is always that problem of needing a system upgrade to handle 60fps*2 :-(

So yep, plenty-o-time. :)

_________________
Congratulations! You're a backer of Among the Sleep by Krillbite Studio
Image


Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 am
Profile
Cross Eyed!

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 am
Posts: 129
Reply with quote
Finally managed to scrape the funds to put in my order, bummer I missed out on DoomBFG (by a LONG way) but hey, now I know what I want for xmass :D


Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:22 am
Profile
Certif-Eyable!

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm
Posts: 1139
Reply with quote
We'll see if we can get the free shareware Doom 1 working with the Rift for you. Not quite the same as Doom 3 BFG edition, :) but it will be good to try the classic again in VR. Or if you already own the original Doom 3, it can't be too hard to add Rift support to that seeing as it's open source now.


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 am
Profile
Cross Eyed!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 176
Reply with quote
I'm hoping valve puts in support for Portal. I cant wait to meet my best buddy Companion Cube for the first time "in person" hehe

_________________
Congratulations! You're a backer of Among the Sleep by Krillbite Studio
Image


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:32 am
Profile
Cross Eyed!

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 am
Posts: 129
Reply with quote
2EyeGuy wrote:
We'll see if we can get the free shareware Doom 1 working with the Rift for you. Not quite the same as Doom 3 BFG edition, :) but it will be good to try the classic again in VR. Or if you already own the original Doom 3, it can't be too hard to add Rift support to that seeing as it's open source now.



Ahh doom 1 :D that would be a super fun time!

I feel like such a kid again. It's like when I was disappointed by VR at 8 years old, a part of my brain just...froze. And now...IT'S BACK!


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 pm
Profile
Certif-Eyable!

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm
Posts: 1139
Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm hoping valve puts in support for Portal. I cant wait to meet my best buddy Companion Cube for the first time "in person" hehe

Quote:
Ahh doom 1 that would be a super fun time!

I feel like such a kid again. It's like when I was disappointed by VR at 8 years old, a part of my brain just...froze. And now...IT'S BACK!

Or do both at once:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=73864297


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:55 pm
Profile
Cross Eyed!

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 am
Posts: 129
Reply with quote
2EyeGuy wrote:
Quote:
I'm hoping valve puts in support for Portal. I cant wait to meet my best buddy Companion Cube for the first time "in person" hehe


Or do both at once:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=73864297


My brain doesn't even know how to respond to how awesome that is.


Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.