It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mouse control and joystick? 
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Is there a way to run mouse emulation plus joystick in a game that runs one or the other?

In the case I am dealing with, Skyrim has xbox 360 controller support, however once the xbox controller is activated, the mouse no longer responds? Any ideas how to get around this?

I am currently using the hydra, therefore works fine, however would love to try it out wiht the controller as well.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 pm
Petrif-Eyed

Unfortunately no. I haven't found a game yet that polls a gamepad simultaneously with the mouse. Unfortunate because that's exactly the type of control scheme you want for emulated VR tracking. Your best bet is to tie-in and emulate the XBox 360 controller which is exactly what I've been working on lately.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=14069&start=105#p80944

Things should be much better when the Oculus SDK arrives.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 pm
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

brantlew wrote:
I haven't found a game yet that polls a gamepad simultaneously with the mouse.

Several do: Rage, Mafia 2, Borderlands... Well, at least you can switch seamlessly. I loved playing Mafia 2 like that. I was using k/m on foot and I was picking up my 360 controller when entering a car.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 pm
Petrif-Eyed

Interesting... thanks.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:55 pm
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

I have also been testing with the Hard Reset demo and this works fine with mouse and joystick both at the same time. Was hoping to get the same setup for Skyrim :cry:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:50 pm
Cross Eyed!

From what I understand there are a few utilities out there that can make a vitural controller device that is mapped to multiple controllers. This is commonly used with flight and racing games where the pedals are not connected to the wheel or throttle/stick directly. Many games require a single controller and those type of utilities are used to make Windows see a single virtual controller when it it really multiple. Now if you ask me what the name of the utility is -- no idea. I just know I saw mention of it on flight sim forums about 2 years ago. It's a work-around for games that limit you to a single controller.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]