It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dream - Steam game supporting rift 
One Eyed Hopeful

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

Sounds perfect for the rift!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:52 am
Cross Eyed!

I think the concept is interesting. It's too early to tell if the art assets will be good though. I can't make up my mind from the screencaps they show.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am
One Eyed Hopeful

I would really like to see cyan make a myst game for the rift. Dream reminds me of the newer myst games that have a full range of movement, but a much simpler graphical style. I would love to see something like rivin, but remade on the crysis engine. Riven is the pinnacle of the genera for me, because everything you have to do feels like trying to understand some foreign technology, rather than the game saying, ok, now solve THIS puzzle. Also, I did not pick crysis just because they both like the letter Y, lol.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

There is a fan remake of Riven in-progress: Starry Expanse that apparently has Cyan's blessing. Also, during the developer's AMA on Reddit, several of us brought up the Rift and they said they would consider it. Not too promising, but if people put more pressure on the developers maybe something could happen.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:39 am
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Dream looks pretty awesome. My only hope is that they study up and do some research on dreams and lucid dreaming.

In a dream you can, of course, do literally anything. That would ruin gameplay pretty quickly so they're obviously gonna put a cap on that. But little things, like lights sometimes not working correctly, images in mirrors being distorted, clocks and text changing when you look away and look back, things like that.

The environments look pretty nice so far, at least.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Looks interesting. But is it just me or did they use the same music from the Dear Esther trailer?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:47 am
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Looks great!

It's really awesome to see so much interest from devs even before the dev kits are available.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:40 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

cybereality wrote:
Looks interesting. But is it just me or did they use the same music from the Dear Esther trailer?

Yeah, in addition to the music they seemed to be going after the same style. Dream looks pretty good so far. I think once people get into these worlds, everyone is going to start to realize how important spot-on sound design is to really connect all the dots.

I, for one, cannot wait to play Dead Esther via Oculus Rift.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]