It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 My take on the Rift 
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Hi,

On the back of Palmers excellent work and community member OzOnE2k10 kind (and awesome!) help, I am back in the fold, so to speak - the driver board / LVDS issues are now solved!

I am very excited about the OR's longer term ramifications, but immediately it gives us something to aim for in our own work; Oculus Rift Compatibility - ORC.

I do hope Palmer can keep it as open as possible, as flexible as possible.

With the demise of IZ3D, we will be limited in the weird and wonderful ways of getting stereo into the eye, but aiming for side by side, knowing that titles will support it and knowing that we will have adjustable warping & tracking support makes spending cold winter nights in the garage a whole lot more tolerable!

I am awaiting cables back from OzOnE2k10 - I think many of you may be talking to him in the future! ;)

In the mean time, I have updated my blog: http://www.wastedspace.co.uk/cms/2012/09/07/hmd-project-part-13-5-the-oculus-rift/

Cheers all!

Zach

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:25 am
Petrif-Eyed

Nice article.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 am
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

I enjoyed the blog post. This, and the Ars Technica article are my favorite so far.

I had been trying to figure out what was going on optics-wise, because in the earlier prototype, Palmer stated that he was not using aspheric lenses as previously suggested by another forum member, so I wasn't sure if this was still the case with the Rift.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Great sourse to start for me :) It's always interesting to get acquainted with the chronology of events.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]