It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Map keyboard to Vive 
One Eyed Hopeful

An interesting concept, which almost defeats the object of VR but is it possible to map the Vive controller buttons to the keyboard, with the ability to toggle on and off.

Additional if the movement, looking left right etc could be assigned to the mouse.

For example, Mapping touchpad (top) to W for moving forward, ctrl for trigger click.

I have been peering through the forums and have tried a few things. I have installed the sixense SDK and copied over the fake dll

I had found an Xbox remap to hydra which I can't work for somereason I was thinking couple that with the xoutput keyboard to xbox script.

any help would be most appreciated :)

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:47 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Dracori wrote:
An interesting concept, which almost defeats the object of VR but is it possible to map the Vive controller buttons to the keyboard, with the ability to toggle on and off.

Additional if the movement, looking left right etc could be assigned to the mouse.

For example, Mapping touchpad (top) to W for moving forward, ctrl for trigger click.

I have been peering through the forums and have tried a few things. I have installed the sixense SDK and copied over the fake dll

I had found an Xbox remap to hydra which I can't work for somereason I was thinking couple that with the xoutput keyboard to xbox script.

any help would be most appreciated :)

i would love this for oculus touch also for steam vr as i have a vr treadmill but what it does is triggers the W key when you move on this (would be great for fallout 4 and skyrim vr) (did not realise when this post was made i just saw it on the front page)

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]