Minecrift UDP output plugin?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Croccy22
Cross Eyed!

Minecrift UDP output plugin?

Post by Croccy22 »

Hi,

I have been speaking to mabrowning in the Minecrift developement thread about getting it working with FreePIE. He suggested that he could possibly implement a plugin to minecrift that would listen on a local UDP port for the sensor readings. The UDP packet would be something like this:
struct MCOrient
{
uint16 yawDegrees; //degrees * 1000
uint16 pitchDegrees; //degrees * 1000
uint16 rollDegrees; //degrees * 1000
uint16 x; //mm
uint16 y; //mm
uint16 z; //mm
};
If this was implemented on the minecrift side of thing. How easy would it be to put together a plugin for FreePIE that would output any sensor data read from the other plugins to a UDP port?

I would imaging this would be a lot easier than trying to write a JAVA wrapper for FreePIE.

Is this something someone here would know easily how to do? I am happy to try and give it a go if someone can point me in the right direction. But if someone thinks they could do this very easily then that may be the best way to go :)

Thanks, Matt.

CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Minecrift UDP output plugin?

Post by CyberVillain »

Sure I could help you with that, tell him that it would be great if he could give me a test console app so that I do not need to have minecraft.

RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Sounds really cool, so if this plugin becomes reality I'll be able to use my DIY Rift in Minecrift without mouse emulation, real head tracking right?

CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

yupp.

Return to “FreePIE”