It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Client-to-Cloud Revolution at E3 Expo 
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

It has been a major boon for the Client-to-Cloud Revolution at the E3 Expo!

First, Google Stadia announced their first pricing model.  Google Stadia is a brand new game streaming service intended to rival the capabilities of other gaming solutions through the power of the cloud.  While this has been attempted for years by other vendors, technological innovations like 5G and readily available Internet bandwidth have pushed this far into the domain of reality.Read more: The Client-to-Cloud Revolution at E3 Expo
Read full article...

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

This is great! Instead of buying the disc or downloading the 50GB data to hard disk, they can manage everything in the cloud/data centers. Full detail 60 fps, raytracing, etc.. seems like a good experience.

The controller is wifi so you can play on the google Stadia app or a web browser or youtube as they've shown on any device (google chromecast?), I saw some demos a month ago.

I know how fun it can be for these companies to set up these services, I just bought a 2U rack (Xeon/intel v1220 v3 3.10 4 core / 16GB ECC Ram and 500GB SSD) for my home server and it has Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard.

Its a lot of fun setting up this computer and learning networking.

This client to cloud was a really big idea years ago and people thought data centeres were going to be extinct, I guess not anymore :)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]