It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 
One Eyed Hopeful

Sorry guys if I am missing something here but I can't find any existing topic for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019).

I am hearing and reading stunning feedback for both the game's campaign and for the incredible graphics it offers. This one looks like the next step in terms of photo-realism.

Now I would like to know if there is any chance for a 3D Vision fix or are we limited to 2D for this title?

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am
Cross Eyed!

Historically CoD games don't really seem to pick up much interest from Shaderhackers, though I'm semi-interested in picking this one up when I can afford to (which is not anytime soon being out of work, and saving what little spending $ I currently have for RDR2). You may have noticed I put out a CoD: BO1 fix recently, which obviously is no coincidence with the timing ;). I picked up CoD: WWII in the recent Humble Bundle as well and have had a preliminary look at that to see how feasible fixing their more recent engines are, and that one looks a bit tough, but in the realm of possibility. Not sure how this new MW will compare though, if it's a modified engine or new one entirely. Do we know if it even uses DX11 at all, or DX12 exclusive? I more than half expected the latter, with it's heavy focus on ray-tracing, but I suppose DX11 is still in the realm of possibility.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:22 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Yeah I believe it is DX12 only, something I really hope doesn’t start happening more often with AAA games

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:39 am
One Eyed Hopeful

The Beta was DX12 only. This is the reason why I didn't buy the game.
I believe they didn't add DX11 in the meantime.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Just asked a friend who owns the game and he confirmed it's DX12 only!

So that definitely means no 3D Vision, right!?

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 am
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

lohan wrote:
Just asked a friend who owns the game and he confirmed it's DX12 only!

So that definitely means no 3D Vision, right!?

Not at all! This is a huge misconception.

People have confirmed that DX12 works without problems.

The misconception is rooted in the fact that originally, DX12 games were only released on the windows store with its draconian DRM that didn't allow injection or hooking.

If the game isn't Windows Store DRM, then it ought to work, but will require work to be implemented. I'm unsure of 3DMigoto works with DX12 etc as of yet.

Short answer - more dfficult but not impossible, from my [humble] understanding.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Thanks for the clarification, Ragedemon!

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:38 pm
Cross Eyed!

I feel this is relevant to this conversation. I just asked on Discord about the future of 3DMigoto, and any plans for a DX12 capable version, and this is the answer I got from DarkStarSword:

DarkStarSword wrote:
"DX12 will require some significant changes in 3DMigoto, though I'm actually hopeful that the 11on12 layer will allow us to port the command list and other features (e.g. I've already ported the overlay using it) with significantly less effort than would be required otherwise
For Windows store apps, check if the app shows up under Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps
Microsoft finally added an official way to mod UWP apps, though I believe they may have to opt in, so I'm not sure how universal that is, and I assume we will still need some changes in 3DMigoto to support keyboard + mouse (Xbox controller already works, as does 3DMigoto running from another directory)
Also the fact that we now have a DX9 port of 3DMigoto thanks to davegl1234 will hopefully make things a little easier to do the DX12 port.... however I still have to get around to properly merging that into master, so consider it still early days"

So, certainly no guarantee that it will come to fruition, but at least it's promising to know capable minds are thinking towards this and that we may one day be able to get this and a few other key titles fixed in 3D. Also DX9 3DMigoto!!!! Woohoo!

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:27 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

This is indeed great news DJ-RK! Thanks for the heads-up!

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:
I feel this is relevant to this conversation. I just asked on Discord about the future of 3DMigoto, and any plans for a DX12 capable version, and this is the answer I got from DarkStarSword:

DarkStarSword wrote:
"DX12 will require some significant changes in 3DMigoto, though I'm actually hopeful that the 11on12 layer will allow us to port the command list and other features (e.g. I've already ported the overlay using it) with significantly less effort than would be required otherwise
For Windows store apps, check if the app shows up under Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps
Microsoft finally added an official way to mod UWP apps, though I believe they may have to opt in, so I'm not sure how universal that is, and I assume we will still need some changes in 3DMigoto to support keyboard + mouse (Xbox controller already works, as does 3DMigoto running from another directory)
Also the fact that we now have a DX9 port of 3DMigoto thanks to davegl1234 will hopefully make things a little easier to do the DX12 port.... however I still have to get around to properly merging that into master, so consider it still early days"

So, certainly no guarantee that it will come to fruition, but at least it's promising to know capable minds are thinking towards this and that we may one day be able to get this and a few other key titles fixed in 3D. Also DX9 3DMigoto!!!! Woohoo!

Ok, this is major news. I have been wondering if this was possible without a new 3D driver, and good to hear it can work on existing drivers. Obviously updating 3DMigoto to work with DX12 is a huge undertaking, but I can't help feel this is a major key to keeping 3D vision alive. With the new consoles having dedicated hardware for raytracing, the majority of multiplatform games will include raytracing on pc and thus DX12 on pc. It is only a matter of time before they stop including DX11 options much like COD did.

Another big thing, ray tracing can look pretty awesome and would be amazing in 3D. Anyone who has played Control (great fix by Losti), take the time after you beat it to try the ray tracing features out in 2D DX12. It is very impressive and immersive, way better than other games implementation. Obviously we would all take 3D over ray tracing any day of the week, but in a perfect world they are not mutually exclusive and we could have both. 3D, ray tracing, and HDR all together might just be gaming nirvana :shock:

This deserves a thread of its own, but understand might not be best since its only very early on - but it could generate some donations for development of a new DX12 3DMigoto. very exciting news indeed!

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Has anyone tried to use Helifax Compatibility Mode Unleashed with Modern Warfare? I heard it can work with DX12.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:51 am
Cross Eyed!

Compatibility mode only works on DX11, unfortunately.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:29 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

@ DJ-RK, just to make it clear, I know this is a long shot ;)

But, with a working? 3DMigoto DX9, will you perhaps consider revisiting GTA4 ?
It would be a blast from the past :)

Edit: Sorry I know this is off topic...

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:30 am
Cross Eyed!

Blacksmith60 wrote:
@ DJ-RK, just to make it clear, I know this is a long shot ;)

But, with a working? 3DMigoto DX9, will you perhaps consider revisiting GTA4 ?
It would be a blast from the past :)

Edit: Sorry I know this is off topic...

I actually did just try revisiting GTA4 less than a month ago. Right after I did my CoD:Black Ops fix, I decided to see if dgVoodoo + 3DMigoto would work on GTA4 as well, and the good news is it does. Bad news is that I don't know if it's possible to fix shadows, regardless of which wrapper we use. The problem is that after dumping all of the game's shaders and looking through them it appears the game only makes use of a couple stereo transform matrices, and unfortunately not all the ones that would be needed to perform the requires transformations in the shader to be able to fix shadows.

I absolutely would love to play GTA4 again in 3D, it was one of my all-time favourite gaming experiences in my life. Every time I start it up again trying to fix it, and start watching the introductory cutscenes I just get this comforting feeling come over me, but alas, without the proper tools to do the job (which, again, is due to the game engine, not the API or wrappers involved) I can't really do too much.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am
Cross Eyed!

DJ-RK wrote:
I absolutely would love to play GTA4 again in 3D, it was one of my all-time favourite gaming experiences in my life. Every time I start it up again trying to fix it, and start watching the introductory cutscenes I just get this comforting feeling come over me, but alas, without the proper tools to do the job (which, again, is due to the game engine, not the API or wrappers involved) I can't really do too much.

Same for me, thanks for trying, I hope you'll figure out some day ;)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:

We have a mutual feeling here guys ;)

Thanks for trying again, allow me to keep up the hope that some day.....
It's just not worth it in 2D, but in 3D heavely modded, yeah yeah, happy days :woot

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:40 pm
Cross Eyed!

Wow this is great news, it's still a long shot but it's amazing to hear that DDS is giving a look to Dx12 in 3d.

So I'm unashamedly posting here a link to DDS patreon, let's see if we can help him a bit to make dx12 in 3d a reality (just think Red Dead Redemption 2 in 3d :o) :
https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword/posts

Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
NVIDIA 1080 Ti MSI AERO
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Visit http://www.gamermovil.com for a ton of mobile news and more!

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]