It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 PlayStation 5 Incoming... 
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Since the vast majority of PC games are multi-platform console ports, it looks like we PC gamers will soon be seeing Super RyZen 8 Core 16 Thread games, supremely improved graphics, and all of the following:

(credit - u/kuroinferuno on reddit)

General Info:

The official name is PlayStation 5.

Releasing Holidays 2020.

Ray tracing support is hardware-based.

New SSD will help boot times, loading times and streaming.

The controller now has adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, new speakers, USB Type-C.

Physical games for the console will use 100 GB optical disks.

Optical drive also acts as a 4k Blu-ray player.

Additional Info

The dev kits (which were leaked) are actually real and developers have access to them.

A new modular approach to storing data. Finer grain access to data, as opposed to big blocks. Ex: Users might have the ability to install only Multiplayer components of the game.

Completely revamped UI.

The new controller will have a larger battery capacity and will be a bit heavier than Dualshock 4.

Haptic feedback for PS4 Pro's Dual Shock 4 could have been implemented, but was decided against.

Bluepoint studios (folks behind the Shadow of the Colossus remaster) are working on a "big" PS5 title.

The GPU has been used to power Machine learning.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:25 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

I recently played The Order 1886 on the PS4, it received bad reviews since it was more of an interactive movie than a game.

For a game released in Feb 2015, the graphics were amazing, Along with the setting in London, the steampunk theme, plus Lycans and Vampires, I thoroughly enjoyed it. For what it is.

3D would be icing on the cake, it's too bad it never released on the PC.

While I'm looking forward to new and better games, I'll sorely miss 3D in the ones that have no way to play it stereoscopically.

At least Sony is still pushing their VR heavily and will be releasing a newer headset.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

It sounds like XBox Scarlett (another 2020 next gen console) may actually include VR support this time. In addition to full 4K support, XBox One was supposed to include VR capabilities, but VR was dropped shortly before console release. For example, a discussion about a VR floormat - see https://www.roadtovr.com/microsoft-virtual-reality-floor-mat-patent-xbox-vr-headset/.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Unless it has full backwards compatibility with ps4 and 3 I have absolutely no reason to get one other than maybe 4 years down the lines when it actually has some games.
Interesting to see how this next gen will impact PC gaming. I assume since they are pushing ray tracing and god forbid 8k I assume don't be expecting 60fps on console any time soon.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:59 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

PSVR (with PS4 Pro) offers some unique game titles that really should be experienced - like Farpoint, RE7 (still one of the most intense VR experiences available), Blood and Truth, and Astrobot. A second gen PSVR (potentially wireless) will be releasing sometime after PS5 releases. Sony does a good job with a lot of their exclusive games like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:40 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Ghost Giant looks very interesting for the PSVR.

It's made by Zoink games, the Devs behind Stick it to the Man.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is also on my PSVR wish list, due to the very positive reviews.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:29 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Interesting, I assumed that Borderlands 2 VR would be a PSVR exclusive, like the first.

It will be on Steam next week

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9912 ... ands_2_VR/

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

I'd be interested in hearing about backwards compatibility also.

I buy all of my gaming stuff retrospectively and if I could skip over the current hardware and run this generation's games on the next generation tech that would be absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately, if I had to put money on it, I wouldn't bet on backwards compatibility.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]