It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Trine 4 
Two Eyed Hopeful

For those that are interested...

S3D will kick-in, but there are issues with shadows and lighting and CM has no depth no matter which profile I try.

Also, the Battlefield 4 profile, of the 10 or so that I have tried, is the only one that doesn't return a dark left lens. The good news is that it seems like there is, at least, a starting point from which to work.

And the game, like the previous 3, looks absolutely gorgeous.

If anyone is willing to fix, I will contribute to the cause.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:43 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

With its new game engine, a fix may take more time. Have you added your request to helixmod Wishlist (the best place to collect and prioritize community game interest)?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

I have now :D

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Me too :-)

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

I may take a look at this. Trine 2 was one of the first real "wow" 3D gaming moments for me, so this game deserves proper treatment.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Yeah... I LOVE this series (even T3, which many have discounted because of its brevity and daring to move into the realm of the z-axis... LOL.) - not to mention Nine Parchments and Shadwen... also great games.

I have played around with each of the three character's intro levels and the environments are even better looking than the prior games... will be absolutely spectacular in S3D once fixed.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:50 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Really interested in this and thanks DJ RK for taking a look, Trine games have always been amazing in 3d, the details in the backgrounds are incredible in 3d, I'll donate for a fix for sure.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 am
One Eyed Hopeful

trine 2 was the first game I saw in 3D. I didn't know how 3D should look like.. try to imagine what happened to my jaw seeing that.
it would be great to see trine 4 in 3d DJ. THANKS!

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:24 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

I will donate as well.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:53 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Work has begun, but this is a tricky one indeed. Many different types of lighting are handled by one massive compute shader. Have already partially fixed it, but there's still a lot more that needs to be done here and it's not too obvious where (and, of course, no shader headers to guide me), so I'm left no choice but to start digging deep and dissecting this thing line by line. I seem to always pick the really fun projects.

Last edited by DJ-RK on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:50 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

LOL and great news! Please let us know how much work you end up putting into it - want to make sure you are compensated to the best of our collective ability! :D

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:48 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Best luck DJ RK! the game is getting great reviews btw, seems like Trine is back to form with Trine 4.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Losti was trying for a bit today and this override I told him (which DarkStarSword told me months ago) helped fix one eye issues:

[TextureOverride_StereoFlagsDX10_0x4008_Fix]
match_bind_flags = +unordered_access -shader_resource
match_misc_flags = +buffer_allow_raw_views
StereoMode = 2

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:32 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Making good progress, looks like game is at about 90% so I'll post a WIP.

masterotaku wrote:
Losti was trying for a bit today and this override I told him (which DarkStarSword told me months ago) helped fix one eye issues:

match_bind_flags = +unordered_access -shader_resource
match_misc_flags = +buffer_allow_raw_views
StereoMode = 2

That didn't work for me along with a few other textureoverride flags I've tried, so for now I'm having to go with StereoFlags 0x4000 (or 0x5000, not sure if there's any difference), which of course means that SbS and TaB support is currently not enabled, but I'll try tracing this issue further to get those working for the proper release.

Unfortunately the biggest issue with this game is that ideally we want the character to be right at the point of screen depth. Character shadows underneath are correct at that depth, as well as various HUD stuff (like the mouse cursor), and I haven't worked out a formula that works for those otherwise. Problem is, the game is spastic with it's zooming in and out dynamically as you progress through the levels, so I can't really set up any suitable convergence presets (meaning you'll have to adjust the convergence manually as you see fit). I think I'm going to take a stab at implementing DSS's scene autoconvergence in this game, to try to use that to keep the character at constant screen depth, although I've never successfully been able to implement that feature before (but it's worth a shot).

The only other major issue is tile lighting/blocky clipping of shadows. Haven't even tried tackling that because that can take a while, but that's definitely on my todo list.

I've found some shadows end up being slightly broken, but then alt+tabbing out and back in gets them correct again. Kinda weird.

For now I've disabled highlighted object outlines until I work out the above mentioned stuff, but those can be reenabled via the \ key.
] key adjusts HUD depth.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tnwtg1c5 ... 4_WIP1.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:18 pm
Cross Eyed!

Oh, i havnt noticed that someone is working on this one. I have skipped this game because i gave a promise to my wife not to stick more than a couple of hrs on a game ill not play, so nice that some one is making this fix for the others. I skipped it because of the light/shadow clipping and i was too lazy to adress this.

There was a main screne depth shader, hunted in the main menu until everything dissappears except some light blue background lights and a view textures that controlls the whole depth of the Scene. Modifying the output can change the depth of the scene, i havnt checked of all the things was adressed but i pushed the scene complete to screen depth with the substraction of the common stereo fomula from the output X and pushed it into a huge eye breaking depth using addition. So may be this shader can be used to switch scene depth like convergence Change if there is a CB for the Change of FOV/POV/Zoom. You may quickly want to check this ability.

I have tried to implement the Auto depth convergence from DSS in Greed Fall but i only end up in some flickering by changing convergence every ms. There is a bit more to do so i skipped this for the first time.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:28 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thanks for attacking this one DJ-RK.

I can't really describe what I am seeing in the WIP and can't figure out how to correct it, so I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Damn, haven't seen anything remotely like that. Redownloading this now onto my Windows 10 drive, just to see if that makes any difference. As with anywhere else, providing some details here on your setup (hardware, OS, drivers) would possibly help in tracking down the issue.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:29 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Windows 10/1903/i7/1070/418.81.

I have a dual-boot system with 8.1 installed... didn't think to give that a try as this was a new game. I will check it out when I get back to my computer in a few hours and let you know.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:52 am
One Eyed Hopeful

I have the same problem as thebigdogma
the characters are seen only with one eye
windows 10 /1809 driver 417.01
gtx 1070 video card

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Ok, that's troubling, and in addition to that I've been playing on my Win 10 drive now, and there definitely are different shaders here (well, the hashes are different), so a few shaders fixes didn't work. Even still, it's not reproducing the same issue as what you've shown. :/ I've even tried a couple of different visuals settings and no difference.

Anyways, try downloading this WIP 2, and then take the d3dx.ini file in the "One Eye Fix" folder and overwrite the one in the main game folder and see if that helps.

WIP 2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3gxx6f75 ... _WIP_2.zip

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:25 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Did some more testing... same issues in w8.1 with both WIPs and WIP 2 still has the same issues in w10.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

thebigdogma wrote:
Did some more testing... same issues in w8.1 with both WIPs and WIP 2 still has the same issues in w10.

And that was with the alternate d3dx.ini file in the One Eye Folder in the WIP2?

One thing that stands out to me is that both you and maurizio are on some older drivers. Can you try updating your driver to v425.31?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Yes on the One Eye file.

I am on 425.31 on Win 8.1. Quite the puzzle!

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

thebigdogma wrote:
Yes on the One Eye file.

I am on 425.31 on Win 8.1. Quite the puzzle!

Upgrading 425.31 driver and putting One Eye file it works for you?
thanks

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Sorry... no, it didn't work. I meant "yes" that I had tried it.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:35 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi to all of you,
I also have the one eye only issue with chars and items. I tried the regular and the "one eye" fix but both looked identical for me. I'm on Win10 v1809, driver 431.36 with 3D installed with 3Dfix manager.
Nonetheless I'm so glad that you are trying to fix this good game to great 3D!
THX DJ-RK!

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Hey guys. Sorry, been busy with some family stuff and other outside life stuff.

Still trying to track down a solution to the one eye issue. I'd like for you guys to try testing a few different driver profile settings to see if any help. You can do either of the following:

Method 1
Download this file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qq3prbbn ... _Tests.zip
Each folder in this zip contains a d3dx.ini file with different combinations of settings. Try copying each one into your game folder and overwriting the d3dx.ini file there. If any of them work, please let me know which folder # worked for you. Even if one works, please try the remainders and let me know all of which that worked

Method 2:
Edit the d3dx.ini file in one of my previous WIPs. Under the [Profile] section, look for the following settings: "StereoFlagsDX10" and "StereoTextureEnable" and try replacing the values for those with different combinations of the following:

StereoFlagsDX10: 0x00000000 0x00000008 0x00004000 0x00004008 0x00005000 0x0000C000

StereoTextureEnable: 0x00000000 0x00000023 0x00000027

Still surprised that everyone so far has mentioned they are having this issue. I see over 20 people have downloaded each WIP but only a few people have given feedback. Has ANYONE had success with the WIPs?

One a related side note, had one of my gf's over earlier and fired this up on my projector and not only was she completed amazing by the 3D quality, we both actually had a lot of fun playing co-op. It's amazing how they actually add some additional requirements to some of the puzzles that make you actually co-operate to progress. Great stuff. Not sure if this was standard before this, this is the first time I ever actually played a Trine game in coop.

Anyways, hopefully we'll get you guys in on the fun soon as well.

Edit: Also, just thought of something. If anyone has the latest Nvidia driver installed and could see if there is a profile for Trine 4, it would be great if you could extract the profile and send it to me so I could test and add the standard flags to the fix (doubtful will make a difference, but anything is worth a shot)

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:03 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thanks DJ-RK!

Using method #1, 12 and 13 worked for me - with 12 (in my limited time with both) seeming to be the better of the two. (They both solve the one-eye issue, but 12, for whatever reason, seems to be a little clearer.)

It will be interesting to see if the others that have had the issue get the same results.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:34 pm
Cross Eyed!

Do you have tried the match things ?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;one eye fix attemps
;[TextureOverride_StereoFlagsDX10_0x4008_Fix]
;match_bind_flags = +unordered_access -shader_resource
;match_misc_flags = +buffer_allow_raw_views
;StereoMode = 2

;[TextureOverride_StereoFlagsDX10_0x4008_Fix]
;match_bind_flags = 0x88
;match_misc_flags = +buffer_allow_raw_views
;StereoMode = 2
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;one eye fix attemps

yesterday i saw Eastshader has also one eye but nothing of the things above was working, looking @ the shaderusage i saw match_bind_flags = shader_resource unordered_access there and i have used this to fix one eye:

match_bind_flags = shader_resource unordered_access
StereoMode = 2

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:37 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

thebigdogma wrote:
Thanks DJ-RK!

Using method #1, 12 and 13 worked for me - with 12 (in my limited time with both) seeming to be the better of the two. (They both solve the one-eye issue, but 12, for whatever reason, seems to be a little clearer.)

It will be interesting to see if the others that have had the issue get the same results.

Excellent! I take it you tried folders 14-16 as well, and those were no good for you?

Could you also try the attached file as well?

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:06 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Tried all 16... 12 and 13 were the only ones that worked for me.

The one you just posted also worked.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:12 am
One Eyed Hopeful

tried the attached file and tried the others 12-13
the characters are ok but the fire in the fireplace can only be seen with one eye using the formula of Losti

StereoMode = 2

everything works
thank you all

Il personaggio funziona ma il fuoco nel camino si vede ancora con un occhio solo
usando la formula di Losti è ok

Last edited by maurizioclaudio21 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:21 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Hey DJ-RK, Thank You for looking at 4 :-)

Win 7 Pro/1080ti x 2 sli off, clean DDU, 425.31

Just got this and have the same issues, with WIP v2 - testing both ini's, whereby the Player and his obect/Wizard only show in 1 eye. So I ran your tests, Thank You! :-)

1 - Player and objects both eyes, shadows off, not a good option

2 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects work best at screen depth

3 - Player and objects both eyes, shadows off, not a good option

4 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

5 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

6 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

7 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

8 - Player and objects Only One eye, shadows off, not a good option

9 - Player and objects Only One eye, shadows off, not a good option

10 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

11 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

12 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

13 - Player and objects both eyes, looks great, halo around wizard highlight objects works with any convergence setting

14 - Black Screen in Left Eye

15 - Black Screen in Left Eye

16 - Black Screen in Left Eye

I just picked #4 to run, and looks great. Interesting thing, I went back and installed the original WIP v2 ini, and Player/Object showed up fine in both eyes.

Thank you :-)

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:04 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

maurizioclaudio21 wrote:
the characters are ok but the fire in the fireplace can only be seen with one eye using the formula of Losti

StereoMode = 2

everything works
thank you all

Il personaggio funziona ma il fuoco nel camino si vede ancora con un occhio solo

Lol, that actually should not work (because that also stereoizes UAV's with the RTV bind flag since he didn't include the -render_target bind flag match), and as such does not work for me (makes my whole screen go 2D). Can you confirm what StereoFlagsDX10 setting you were using at the time?

This is just like the fiasco with Mass Effect Andromeda, where some people were getting crashes and bad rendering issues and some were not. It's looking like there might not be a single catch-all solution here, so I'll probably have to provide multiple d3dx.ini files in the release, with the most common solutions, and people can use whichever one works best for them. Whatever works in the end.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:31 am
One Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:
maurizioclaudio21 wrote:

StereoMode = 2

everything works
thank you all

Lol, that actually should not work (because that also stereoizes UAV's with the RTV bind flag since he didn't include the -render_target bind flag match), and as such does not work for me (makes my whole screen go 2D). Can you confirm what StereoFlagsDX10 setting you were using at the time?

I send you the changes made on your 3dx.ini

StereoMode = 2

I have some glitches on the left eye part the rest is perfect

Last edited by maurizioclaudio21 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:06 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Thanks for sharing that, but I asked what StereoFlagsDX10 setting you are using and you didn't provide that. (and while you're at it, which StereoTextureEnabled setting as well) Both are found under the Profile section.

Edit: Disregard, I see the picture you posted now which includes that (must have still been uploading when I first saw your response). I've got some observation on that, but I'll carry this conversation on tomorrow as I'm off to bed now.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

Hi all,

I am a little bit deeper in the game and this is what I am seeing with WIP2.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

thebigdogma wrote:
Hi all,

What StereoFlagsDX10 setting are you using (look in the d3dx.ini file under the [Profile] section)? If it's anything other than 0x0000C000 can you try that and let me know if it resolves it?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been looking at this on and off since the last few posts trying to get a few things working, in addition to working on a few other fixes simultaneously (a couple of which I'll probably be posting up tonight to the blog), so I haven't dropped support on this one. Just not enough time for everything that I want to do.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

DJ-RK wrote:
thebigdogma wrote:
Hi all,

What StereoFlagsDX10 setting are you using (look in the d3dx.ini file under the [Profile] section)? If it's anything other than 0x0000C000 can you try that and let me know if it resolves it?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been looking at this on and off since the last few posts trying to get a few things working, in addition to working on a few other fixes simultaneously (a couple of which I'll probably be posting up tonight to the blog), so I haven't dropped support on this one. Just not enough time for everything that I want to do.

That is the stereo flag that I am using... no worries about not updating... all in good time! :)

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Ok, so I got to working on this a bit today, and although I did not get to look at any of the remaining issues, I did manage to implement a few key features that I believe is worth putting out a new WIP over.

The first of which is a 3D mouse cursor, which is kinda cool and all, but the thing I'm really excited over is.... drumroll please... AUTO-CONVERGENCE!!!! (as in, fully dynamic auto-convergence. Not just convergence presets that are triggered via textures)

For the first time I've finally succeeded in implemented DSS's auto-convergence shader (tried many times before and failed, hence my excitement), and it's exactly what this game needed with it's constant zooming in an out. I've tweaked the settings so that the character should roughly be at about screen depth at all times, which should have the foreground pop out nicely. A benefit of that is that if you prefer to not use the 3D mouse cursor, then having the static mouse cursor should always be on the same z-plane as the character and objects. There are some rare cases when the screen does "judder" a bit (repeatedly goes forwards and backwards) from it (and unfortunately I can't seem to get DSS's built in "anti-judder" workaround to work), which is a bit more likely to be an issue during a cutscene than during gameplay. In these cases there's a toggle switch to turn off the auto-convergence and then on the next scene it should be ok to turn it back on.

Here are some new keybindings to be aware of:

[ - This toggles the 3D mouse cursor on/off. Default on.
~ - Enables/disables auto-convergence. Default on.
F10 - This is actually the standard key for 3DMigoto to reload shaders and settings. If the auto-convergence ever gets stuck with too high of a convergence, try pressing this to hopefully have it correct itself. I haven't needed this, but mentioning this just in case.
Capslock or Left Thumbstick on Xbox 360 controller - If choosing to not use auto-convergence, this is a low convergence toggle key for during cutscenes

If you, for whatever reason, decide you want to disable the auto-convergence all together place a ; in front of the following line (or delete it entirely) at the top of the d3dx.ini file:
include = ShaderFixes\auto_convergence.ini

Given this is my first usage of the auto-convergence shader, some feedback on the settings is appreciated. How do you feel on the transition speed? Would you like even more pop out than the setting I've chosen? Also, there is the possibility this may fix a few graphical issues, because in my experience when the character is at screen depth seems to be the correct convergence value for certain effects (like on the title screen, having 16 convergence puts the character at screen depth, and everything is perfect in the scene. Add or subtract from that and the shadow beneath the character breaks). If you happen to notice this improves things you've noticed, please let me know this as well.

Ok, hope you guys enjoy this. Here's the download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9yan05bc ... _WIP_3.zip

Last edited by DJ-RK on Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next