Meant to be Seen
https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/

Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)
https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=23324
Page 4 of 4

Author:  skyrimer [ Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Didn't know about that guide either, thanks for sharing.

Author:  Chtiblue [ Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

The last update brings trees's Tesselation :)

Next textures improvment?

Author:  Chtiblue [ Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Shift-E wrote:
I got superdepth working, but even maxed out the depth and convergence is pretty lacking. The hit to the visuals and HDR just made it impossible to use over 2D. I certainly understand those of you that would rather play any other way except 2D though, it only took me 10 hours for my eyes to adjust to a flat screen :shock:


Be carefull and go to the Doctor, perhaps you are loosing one eye :mrgreen: :woot

Author:  DJ-RK [ Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

LOL. I hate to say it, but I've been of the same mind as Shift-E on the matter. Not that I found the depth and convergence was lacking, but the fact that I had to go from my 1440P PG278QR to my 1080P projector just to get access to sbs/tab, which then further reduces the resolution by half, which means an effective resolution drop of around 4x, on top of the typical halos and issues with fake 3D. It was just too much of a loss considering this is being touted as the best looking game to date. On a side note, earlier this year I finally caved and bought a PS4 to play some of the big exclusives, and found that going back to flat gaming wasn't as much of a travesty as many of us (including myself) made it out to be.

Anyways, the graphical fidelity loss was further compounded by the fact that I couldn't comfortably use a k+m with my projector setup and would have to use a controller instead (which I'm sure is fine since that what they used on consoles, but if I waited this long to play it, why would I settle for a console-like experience?), although I have alleviated that problem this week by designing and 3D printing off some mounts and trays for my Orbweaver and mouse to attach to my gaming chair, so now I might give SD3D another shot.

Author:  Chtiblue [ Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

DJ-RK wrote:
On a side note, earlier this year I finally caved and bought a PS4 to play some of the big exclusives, and found that going back to flat gaming wasn't as much of a travesty as many of us (including myself) made it out to be.


Glad for you but I definitely can't play 2D anymore and I tried too with the PS4 I bought last year for RDR2, I played a few hours and sold it quickly ;)

In 4K, RDR2 looks sharp and way better with 3Ddepth than flat 2D. Have to play RDR2 in 2D would be a drama for me ;)

I'm so glad reshade supports DX12 (waiting of course 3Dmigoto with DX12...)

Author:  VegetaSuperSaiyan [ Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

So who is working on 3d migoto for dx12.
Plus I want to give donations to the community modders but I got cash in SKrill.
I don't use Paypal.

Author:  costiq [ Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Oh yes!!!

RDR2 is now playable! (because it's 3D!!!) :D

Screenprint didn't seem to work with ReShade and SuperDepth3D (black image) so here are 2 photoshopped mobile phone photos:

Image

Image



My SuperDepth3D settings:

Image


As for the game settings, I've set almost everything on 'ultra'.

However, 'water quality' needs to be set to 'medium'!
On 'high', this setting brakes the 3D, anytime a river appears on screen.


I know, the game would be phenomenal in real S3D, but since I (like some other people here) can't watch/play anything in flat 2D, this solution is a savior.

It's so disappointing that the developers are so one-eyed! :(

Author:  skyrimer [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

thanks for the pics, looks far from real 3d but good enough to give it a try, i'll wait for a lower price though.

Author:  costiq [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

@skyrimer

Well, the game looks much better ‘live’ than the photos.

As I mentioned, I took the shots with my mobile phone from my Samsung TV. Since this TV model is curved and the SBS is half (when the 3D is not triggered) it’s no wonder that, after so many readjustments I had to make, the final picture doesn’t look too good.

Again, I know the geometric S3D is the ‘real’ thing but nevertheless BlueSkyDefender’s Depth3D is 3.295 billion better than the flat 2D!

A huge thank you to BlueSkyDefender for making RDR2 playable!

Author:  zig11727 [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

I have to agree with the above BlueSkyDefender fix is very good and it works in DX12 also Vorpx works with the game.

Author:  cyrilp [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

I have great news ! i have just been able to play in SLI (2080TI) Vulkan HDR with Reshade On !!! including 3Ddepth !!

I have found out how to make reshade kick in even with Vulkan

With hdr on, start game, go into settings, set mssa *2, press ok, set mssa disabled again, press ok .... and voilà !!

At least for me when i do this, the moment i press ok, reshade kick in and my screen goes into 3D top bottom :-)

The game is gorgous is everything high, HDR and 3D reshade !!

I finally can use my second card ! so far i was playing with one card only because i wanted to use shader for 3D with dx12....

i hope this might give a clue to reshade devs to help make it work with Vulkan.

Now i have to find a way to get rid of the damn ERR, impossible to play more then 10 min (no oc)

Author:  cyrilp [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

costiq wrote:
@skyrimer

Well, the game looks much better ‘live’ than the photos.

As I mentioned, I took the shots with my mobile phone from my Samsung TV. Since this TV model is curved and the SBS is half (when the 3D is not triggered) it’s no wonder that, after so many readjustments I had to make, the final picture doesn’t look too good.

Again, I know the geometric S3D is the ‘real’ thing but nevertheless BlueSkyDefender’s Depth3D is 3.295 billion better than the flat 2D!

A huge thank you to BlueSkyDefender for making RDR2 playable!


hi, is SuperDepth3D better then 3DDepth included in reshade filters ?

Author:  costiq [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

cyrilp wrote:
hi, is SuperDepth3D better then 3DDepth included in reshade filters ?


"SuperDepth3D & SuperDepth3D VR
This Shader allows for Depth Map Based 3D like What Nvidia does with Compatibility Mode 3D and Kind of what TriDef Does with Power 3D. With many more options than regular Depth3D. Depth3D is my shader that helps introduce users to the world of 3D. SuperDepth3D allows much more control and support for different devices."


https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D

Author:  Necropants [ Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Chtiblue wrote:
DJ-RK wrote:
On a side note, earlier this year I finally caved and bought a PS4 to play some of the big exclusives, and found that going back to flat gaming wasn't as much of a travesty as many of us (including myself) made it out to be.


Glad for you but I definitely can't play 2D anymore and I tried too with the PS4 I bought last year for RDR2, I played a few hours and sold it quickly ;)

In 4K, RDR2 looks sharp and way better with 3Ddepth than flat 2D. Have to play RDR2 in 2D would be a drama for me ;)

I'm so glad reshade supports DX12 (waiting of course 3Dmigoto with DX12...)


Yeah honestly it's as bad as we make it out to be, although I am glad people who can stomach 2D, I literally can't even play a game anymore in 2D I feel blind. I did play god of war last year and when my eyes finally accepted there was no depth after hours of not touching a 3D game (it honestly feels like you are blind for a while.) I couldn't help but feel as I played that something really was missing from the experience.

It boggles my mind now that the vast majority of the gaming world have no idea what they are missing and it's just what gaming is to them.

Author:  Flowbee_603 [ Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Brilliant Costiq - Thanks for the screenshots and info! :D

Author:  zig11727 [ Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

@Costiq

Which version of SuperDepth are you using ?

Author:  Chtiblue [ Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

zig11727 wrote:
@Costiq

Which version of SuperDepth are you using ?


From the pics and settings he posted, I would say the depth3D downloaded directly via reshade

costiq wrote:

However, 'water quality' needs to be set to 'medium'!
On 'high', this setting brakes the 3D, anytime a river appears on screen.


I don't have this problem with water at all, I'm playing
with all high on water (reflections, mirror & physics) and it's perfect

I'm waiting for my HP reverb to test it again with Vorpx in VR mode because with Vive pro it was too much of a downgrade vs depth3D, like playing in720p

Author:  zig11727 [ Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

@Chtiblue

Thanks it looks sweet on the Reverb.

Author:  costiq [ Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

zig11727 wrote:
@Costiq

Which version of SuperDepth are you using ?

Quote:
From the pics and settings he posted, I would say the depth3D downloaded directly via reshade


Thank you, both for planting the seeds of doubt! ;)

I did download the latest SuperDepth 3D and thought I did install it, but now I have doubts... and ready to facepalm myself...
https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D

I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5IhubGkGYU but it looks like I did something wrong... DOH

I will give another try this evening.

Thanks again.

Author:  costiq [ Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Certified re-shade noob here... :shock:

I was indeed using the basic depth 3D.
After properly installing the superdepth 3D, I can confirm it's superior. :D

However, on my machine, setting "water quality" to 'high' still breaks the 3D.
But, I'm more than happy to go with 'medium', since all other settings work on max.

zig11727 and Chtiblue, thanks again for the warning.

Author:  Chtiblue [ Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

costiq wrote:
Certified re-shade noob here... :shock:

I was indeed using the basic depth 3D.
After properly installing the superdepth 3D, I can confirm it's superior. :D


Ok I'll try it but superior in which way?

Author:  costiq [ Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Chtiblue wrote:
Ok I'll try it but superior in which way?


I didn't do extensive research (I've tried it only on RDR2), but I've noticed that I was able to obtain a better separation with superdepth 3D than the basic depth 3D.
With depth 3D I had to increase the divergence to high values (130) to obtain a satisfactory depth and that resulted in some less comfortable viewing.

With superdepth 3D, using less divergence (50-80) I get nicer depth with no eye strain.

Author:  cyrilp [ Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Hi all, could you share your superdepth 3D settings ?

Author:  costiq [ Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

@cyrilp

These are my latest:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=5
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.000000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,3
Cursor_Type=1
Custom_Sidebars=1
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=20.000000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=30.000000
Eye_Fade_Reduction_n_Power=0,0
Eye_Swap=0
FPSDFIO=0
Interlace_Anaglyph=0.500000,1.000000
Offset=0.000500
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
View_Mode=1
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Weapon_ZPD_Boundary=0.000000
WP=0
WZPD=0.030000
ZPD=0.062500
ZPD_Boundary=3
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.467000,0.475000



Image

Image

Image

Author:  maddcatt [ Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

[quote="costiq"]@cyrilp

These are my latest:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=5
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.000000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,3
Cursor_Type=1
Custom_Sidebars=1
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=20.000000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=30.000000
Eye_Fade_Reduction_n_Power=0,0
Eye_Swap=0
FPSDFIO=0
Interlace_Anaglyph=0.500000,1.000000
Offset=0.000500
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
View_Mode=1
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Weapon_ZPD_Boundary=0.000000
WP=0
WZPD=0.030000
ZPD=0.062500
ZPD_Boundary=3
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.467000,0.475000

[Quote]

Hi, I am having trouble getting Reshade working. Can you please list the steps you took?

I am using Reshade 4.4.2.
I found two .exe files in the RDR2 folder, namely, PlayRDR2 and RDR2. PlayRDR is launcher game redirector. I selected the RDR2.exe in reshade and then selected Direct3D 10/11/12.
I installed Superdepth3D.fx file in RDR2 game directory.
I started the game and pressed home but nothing happened. It instead activated Rockstar Social Club overlay.
I opened up the reshade.ini in RDR folder and did not find any entries except the following:
[GENERAL]
EffectSearchPaths=.\
TextureSearchPaths=.\

I don't know what the problem is but I can't get reshade with superdepth3d working.

Please help and list your method of getting the game working. Thank you!!

Author:  costiq [ Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

maddcatt wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble getting Reshade working. Can you please list the steps you took?

I am using Reshade 4.4.2.
I found two .exe files in the RDR2 folder, namely, PlayRDR2 and RDR2. PlayRDR is launcher game redirector. I selected the RDR2.exe in reshade and then selected Direct3D 10/11/12.
I installed Superdepth3D.fx file in RDR2 game directory.
I started the game and pressed home but nothing happened. It instead activated Rockstar Social Club overlay.
I opened up the reshade.ini in RDR folder and did not find any entries except the following:
[GENERAL]
EffectSearchPaths=.\
TextureSearchPaths=.\

I don't know what the problem is but I can't get reshade with superdepth3d working.

Please help and list your method of getting the game working. Thank you!!


I'm not sure which version of ReShade I've installed on my machine (I'm at work now and can't check), but I have followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5IhubGkGYU and it's working!

A couple of times, however, I did encounter the issue with the home button activating the Rockstar Social Club overlay instead of the ReShade overlay, but a game restart fixed the issue.

Here's another video about the installation of superdepth 3D from its own creator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLQ4vb5rr9o

You might also want to try installing the latest version of ReShade (4.5.0.), which has just been released: https://reshade.me/

Author:  amorphis [ Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

I know this thread is for RDR2, but reshade discussion is heavy in here, so tried Detroit Become Human (Vulkan, driver 425.31, Win7) with Reshade 4.5 and it works good. Only issue is you need to select the correct depth buffer everytime you start the game and sometimes after starting a new chapter.

4.4.2 was not working with DBH, I was almost giving up and played for two hours in 2D (what a torture :) ), thanks to holy S3D gods new reshade was out.


And DJ-RK, thanks for your kind words, it's nothing when compared to what you guys did and is still doing for this community.

Author:  VegetaSuperSaiyan [ Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (11/5/19)

Is 3dmigito dx12 in development? who is developing it?

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/