Thanks to advances with PC stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) drivers by DDD, iZ3D, and NVIDIA, it is now possible to play many video games with maximum graphics settings turned on. Unfortunately, while driver developers have promoted compatibility with hundreds of games at a time, there is little consistency in quality expectations and results between titles.
After much time and effort invested by Vadim Krivosheev, Yuriy Nikshych, Cris Villalobos, and Neil Schneider, MTBS is proud to take the first steps in solving this problem.
MTBS’ New 3D Game Analyzer is a fully functional system that asks a series of multiple choice questions. Based on the answers given, a database is created complete with recommended game settings, quality expectations, and current MTBS Certification Ratings. These ratings adjust and compensate according to what members submit, driver updates, diversified results, and more.
The engine’s back-end is completely dynamic, and we have the means to alter questions, add new options, adjust scoring, and fine tune the process without losing or resetting earlier contributions.
Some of M3GA’s benefits include:
- M3GA will give gamers an independently developed and credible resource for S-3D game quality and best settings for DDD, iZ3D, and Nvidia S-3D drivers.
- M3GA is customer driven, and has no vested interests in any one product.
- Whereas before S-3D quality was subjective, we now have measurable results to look for and improve upon.
- Game developers and S-3D driver developers will have a non-proprietary quality expectation to aim for, and will see how their solution compares to others through the eyes of their customers.
- M3GA is dynamic and adjusts with the times. The more gamers submit, especially for games already listed, the more accurate the system is.
Before using M3GA, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest graphics card and stereo drivers available for your system. If there are updated game profiles by driver developers, it’s encouraged to use them as well.
- Download and install the latest game patches for the title you are submitting.
- Download and install the latest DirectX runtime executable.
- Read through MTBS’ Stereoscopic 3D Anomaly Guide so you know what to watch out for.
- If you are new to stereosocpic 3D gaming, familiarize yourself with MTBS’ Stereoscopic 3D Settings Guide.
- Start submitting games and viewing results. You will need to be an MTBS member to make submissions (free). Join via the forums.
All games are rated according to the ability to achieve a combined depth and pop-out experience as demonstrated in the settings guide. This is critical because it is the situation where anomalies are most prevalent.
If you are using an Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision solution, make sure your advanced settings are active so you can adjust the convergence (pop-out) settings. DDD driver users are encouraged to use the advanced settings if required (e.g. Gun, Scene, Sky).
Submissions should be as accurate as possible. Problems can only be fixed if game developers and driver developers know about them!
While M3GA is officially out of beta, we expect much more functionality in the near future. MTBS’ 3D Game Analyzer is an independently developed effort, and while we recognize multiple driver solutions, this should not be construed as an endorsement by DDD, iZ3D, or Nvidia of this service.