Certification decision power lies with the Meant to be Seen advisory board. Our certification board members are comprised of MTBS member gamers.
Our process is as follows:
- Meant to be Seen (MTBS) is provided with a new or developing game.
- The game is tested on all MTBS acknowledged stereoscopic 3D hardware solutions.
- If or when anomalies are found, we inform both the game developer and participating stereoscopic 3D driver developers.
- We finalize our certification results.
MTBS certification is a dynamic process:
- If a game patch or stereoscopic driver update can correct known issues, the certification will be upgraded.
- It is very rare, but if a game patch causes a new problem, the certification will be downgraded if appropriate.
- If a stereoscopic driver update causes a problem, the certification will be maintained because this is not the fault of the game developer.
- It is MTBS’ goal to have as many games certified as possible, and game developers and participating stereoscopic 3D driver developers can count on MTBS to help build the relationships necessary to encourage visual S-3D success.