Credit goes to Freke for making this exciting discovery. The new iZ3D 1.07 release drivers let you record anaglyph movies with FRAPS! For those unfamiliar, anaglyph refers to red/blue glasses. They shouldn’t be hard to come by, but be warned that while you will get a 3D effect for demonstration purposes, modern solutions let you see in full color with much greater comfort and quality. This just makes it easier for you to try it out at home by playing with the drivers or by sampling a downloaded movie.
Here is what you need to do to record an anaglyph stereoscopic 3D movie:
1. In the “Program Files/iZ3D Driver” directory, edit the “config” file in notepad.
2. Set NSMode Value to equal “2” for anaglyph mode. If you own an iZ3D monitor, set it back to “5” to return to normal mode afterwards.
3. Edit the “BaseProfile” config file, and under the section labeled Profile Name=”Disable driver”, add the following line:
(less than sign)File Name=”fraps.exe” /(greater than sign) (less than sign)!– FRAPS–(greater than sign)
Sorry, I was having some HTML problems, so I hope you get my meaning by the above. ;=)
This change is necessary or you may have trouble running FRAPS and the iZ3D driver at the same time.
4. If you are an iZ3D monitor owner, you will need to temporarily set your monitor up as a single display instead of a dual monitor, or you may get some crash problems.
5. After you record your movies with FRAPS, they are going to be HUGE. Remember to save them in a compressed format using a utility like VirtualDub. Instructions on how to use it come with FRAPS.
6. Once compressed, we have set up a special MTBS gallery section called “In-Game Stereo Clips (Anaglyph)” for you to upload your movies. The size limit is 100MB per movie. Please link back here when posting movies because this is a great opportunity to educate traditional gamers about the benefits of S-3D and to grow our community.
The iZ3D drivers can be found in the mtbs3D.com downloads section and is available to all registered MTBS members.
EDIT: I’m having some trouble uploading larger movies to the gallery, so please get your game movies ready, and I will let you know when it is safe to upload them. Thanks for your understanding.