SIGGRAPH is nearly upon us, and they are going to have some great immersive highlights this year. Running July 30 to August 3, the VR Village – which is really so much more – is going to feature a wide variety of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences and ideas.
Here are just SOME of the highlight:
- “Heroes” is a mixed reality duet set to the iconic David Bowie song.
- “Neurable” is a brain-computer interface that interprets user intent using neuroscience and advanced machine learning.
- “Out of Exile” is a virtual reality storytelling experience that illustrates the hostility faced by many in the LGBTQ community.
- “Mission: ISS” lets visitors explore the International Space Station 250 miles above earth in virtual reality. Visitors learn how to move around the modules in zero gravity and explore the experiments and missions on the station. You can even ho on an EVA to check out the exterior.
- “Magic Bench: A Multi-User, Multi-Sensory AR Platform” is a third-person POV mixed-reality platform where participants see themselves and their environment mixed with computer graphics assets. Just walk to an installation and interact with animated CG characters!
There is so much more, and the VR Village is just a taste. SIGGRAPH is the leading event for all things dealing with the magic of computer graphics and impresses every year.