We’ll find out Tuesday night Pacific Standard. I never thought this film would so clearly parallel the immersive tech industry – but it does. As Charlton Heston insists at the end of the movie…we’ve got to tell them!
This is arguably a business-saving industry secret as long as people learn soon enough. Those who have learned the secret have told us that they think the response and feelings will be:
- Relief, because we revealed the secret, and others didn’t have to.
- Shock, because this secret will require reshaping how we view the industry for it to last long term.
- Empowerment, because it will show everyone to be equally capable and challenged.
- Surprise, because our industry has factors we didn’t take into account, and now we know to.
- Excitement, because many businesses followed the right path without knowing the secret.
- Relaxation, because the assumptions we had before are no longer true.
The market will finally be informed, something few have been since taking the plunge into immersive tech. Very few – if anyone – will be able to dispute the secret, because the secret is more fact than opinion. Like the laws of gravity, the secret is a force we must learn to live with and build around, or the secret will crush us.
The secret will be out Tuesday night PST.