There is actually a double story for DDD today. First, they updated their main TriDef 3D package to version 5.10 which includes:
- New profiles for Anomaly 2, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Company of Heroes 2, Dead Island Riptide, Deadpool, Final Fantasy XIV – A Realm Reborn, Marvel Heroes, Outlast, Planetside 2, rFactor2, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, Star Conflict, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD, Tropico 4 and War Thunder.
- Improved support for various other games including Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Portal, Singularity and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
DDD TriDef has also put out an updated beta release of their TriDef Ignition drivers with Oculus Rift users in mind. The new features in this version include:
- There is now a special registry key to allow display profiles that should require fullscreen to render in a window (including the Rift). Download this here.
- The mouse cursor should now duplicate correctly when the game is windowed.
- The ‘Auto-Calc Yaw and Pitch Scale’ setting in the ‘Head Tracking’ sub-menu has been replaced by a ‘Calibrate’ button. When you are in the game world (not a menu screen etc) use ‘Calibrate’ to set up the head tracking scales. Calibration will only take a few seconds to complete and the settings will be remembered between session. While calibrating the screen will be blanked out and a progress counter will be displayed. Don’t use the mouse or keyboard while calibrating or it could interfere with the process.
- The ‘Flight Simulator X’ hang after the launch screen has been resolved (although there are still a few more issues to deal with before this title before it is Rift ready).
- There is a new ‘Reverse Roll’ setting in the ‘Head Tracking’ sub-menu. Turn this on if the view is rolling the wrong way. The setting will also be automatically determined during ‘Calibrate’. This resolves the reverse roll issue for ‘Slender: The Eight Pages’.
Give the drivers a try, and please share your results below!