Guys! We are so sorry for posting this story so late in the day. Rogers (our cable/internet provider) had a super wide black-out today. Better late than never though! AMD’s ExtravaLANza was a huge success, and we will be having some great 3D interviews to share with you this week.
First up is Robert Hallock, Product Marketing Manager for AMD. Robert is responsible for AMD’s 7000 series GPUs which have a strong focus on the enthusiast gamer market. 3D display makers interested in taking things up a notch should check this interview out…operators are standing by (you’ll get it after you see the interview).
Also, while we normally don’t report on Catalyst or GeForce drivers unless there is a remarkable improvement in them (you know how cautious MTBS is about promoting marketing claims), we are making an exception today with Catalyst 12.11 Beta. Why? Check out these performance improvements being touted for most 7000 series cards:
- 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
- Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
- Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown
- Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
- Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
- Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
It remains to be seen if or how these improvements translate to stereoscopic 3D gaming with 3D drivers, but it looks promising!