A few months ago, MTBS reviewed Sniper Elite V2 in stereoscopic 3D on DDD’s TriDef Ignition, Nvidia’s 3D Vision, and AMD’s HD3D native platform. While the original DDD and Nvidia results were correct, we made a mistake in how we rated the game with AMD’s native platform because it was based on a 2D+Depth rendering, and this isn’t compatible with GameGrade3D. More than that, since the alternatives were so bad, it made AMD’s 3D results seem better than they really were.
The good news is when we learned about our mistake, we informed AMD, and gave DDD a shot at getting the game where it needs to be so we could update the score with a much more deserving 3D game experience. DDD delivered. Here are sample before and after pictures:
We have since updated the review with 3D images and corrections. If or when Nvidia comes forward with a profile update for Sniper Elite V2, we are more than happy to add their improved results as well.
For those interested, DDD’s TriDef Ignition 3.6.1 Beta 1 drivers feature:
- New game profiles for DiRT Showdown, F1 2012, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I Am Alive, MechWarrior Online, FIFA 13, PES 2013, Black Mesa, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Galaxy On Fire 2 Full HD, and more.
- Corrected shaodws in Dirt 3 DX11.
- Fixed the sky in Guild Wars 2.
- Fixed various 2D issues in Driver: San Francisco.
- Fixed Devil May Cry 4 GUI Detection for DX9.
- The Launch/Scan/Add buttons in Ignition are replaced with an Add Game icon which launches the new Add Game Wizard.
- Fixed mouse cursor in ARMA II and few other games when side-by-side output is used.
The Sniper Elite V2 improvements were not publicly announced with this release, so there are probably other improvements to be found.