MTBS-TV: Sony Talks Killzone 3 at CES 2011 (Part II)

By January 20, 2011 April 4th, 2020 News

David Bull, Product Marketing Specialist, SCEA

While Crysis 2 has been earning its share of coverage for its stereoscopic 3D support, Killzone 3 is another leading title which is boasting S-3D as well as PlayStation Move support.  David Bull, SCEA Product Marketing Specialist, gives the low down on what to expect, new Move attachments, pricing, and more.

Check the interview out and share your comments below.  Still more Sony interviews around the bend!

Join the discussion 6 Comments

• Avatar cybereality says:

That gun looks pretty bad (in a good way).

• Avatar Chiefwinston says:

Ooooohhhhhh Yeaahhhh. I will take one of the bigg guns right NOW. ha ha yeah baby.
    cheers everyone. :D

• Avatar Chiefwinston says:

Well I have played Killzone 2 all the way through in campaign mode. The game play mechanics are outstanding: the visuals are outstanding. I played with an aftermaket controller. This one.

http://splitfish.com/index.php/en/products/fragfx-v2-se” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

It gives very close to mouse and keyboard control in some FPS for the PS3. It is the wired version. I tried one of the wireless versions and found to much input lag for me.

I’m going to get me one of these playstation move sharpshooters. I’ll use it during Campaign mode. It looks like a well thought out controller. It might not work to well for a 8-12 hour gaming binge. but I’m, okay with that.

Killzone 3 in 3D. Well the PS3 is no PC in 3D performance. The 3D games look like compromises in visual quality have to be made. Agian I’m fine with that. The addition of volume at the expense of visual quality is fine with me.

Feb. 22 looks like a major work day party for me. I’ve marked it on my calander already- boss I’m sick. hehehe.

yeah I need to stay home I’m sick.

cheers everyone

• Avatar Chiefwinston says:

Okay Neil fess up. Did you try the gun on the game? Inquiring readers want to know.

cheers everyone

• Avatar Chiefwinston says:

Well I’ve decided I’m going to pre-order the game and the Sharpshooter Controller holder. I normally don’t see the need to pre-order gaming products. But I’m going to make sure I have everything I need come 12:01 2-22-11. I’m thinking I’ll use the gun in short segments in campaign mode. Pause the game and switch to my mouse/do hickey controller and resume the game. You can do this with a Ps3- switch controllers on the fly. I’m also, looking forward to how the gun will change my interaction with the gaming environment. I’ve played a lot of FPS. It’s my favorite gaming genre. So I’m gonna go for it.

Cheers everyone