Welcome to MTBS’ ULTIMATE Virtual Reality Holiday Shopping Guide!
Where better to do it than from Neil’s Messy Basement?!? What a mess indeed!
This guide was specially designed for people that don’t know the first thing about virtual reality or computers and want to learn more. We think this will help VR shoppers at all technical levels, and as messy as Neil’s basement looks (ok, it’s not THAT messy), this won’t require a mad scientist’s understanding to get the most out of this. You’ll be jumping into the metaverse in no time!
Neil is a long winded dude, so you will be pleased to know that it’s unnecessary to watch every video. We even divided the longest videos into shorter chapters according to your personal shopping needs and technical interest. We want you to have a simple and pleasant shopping experience, so this was all done for your benefit!
Feel free to post your comments and experiences below if you think it will help other VR customers, and be sure to share this guide with all your friends, family, social contacts, and the occasional family pet.
Some things to be aware of:
- The discussed pricing is subject to change without notice.
- We won’t be held accountable for any market changes, fluctations, or errors.
- The retail and vendor policies are subject to change without notice.
- The reviews are strictly personal opinions based on available data and expertise.
- The most important review is your own. Try before you buy!
This is the recommended order videos for consumers that are unfamiliar with virtual reality or the technology that supports it.
- Introduction, VR Basics
- Mobile VR Solutions (Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream Viewer, ImmersiON-VRelia GO)
- Console VR Solutions (Sony PlayStation VR)
- PC Based VR Solutions (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive)
- Room Scale (Understand the Commitment)
- Where to Try, Buyers’ Protection
- Personal VR Computer: Upgrade, Bundle, or Buy on Your Own
- Extra Purchases For Your VR System
- 15 Minute IT Lesson (for PC Based VR)
- The Science of VR