Welcome to Meant to be Seen (MTBS), the world’s first and only stereoscopic 3D Certification and Advocacy group!
Stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) is the ability to display visible depth through two dimensional media. S-3D has proven very successful in the cinema space with popular movies like Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Coralline, and many more to come. So popular, that these S-3D cinema experiences earn 2:1 to 6:1 revenue compared to traditional 2D theaters.
With millions of gamers going to movie theaters and enjoying this visual feast, the consumer S-3D space is becoming equally popular. Available solutions include stereoscopic 3D monitors, high resolution Head Mounted Displays (HMD), 3D HDTV solutions, and single and dual projector setups.
Imagine a ghost flying through your screen or a level of depth that makes it look like your monitor is a windshield – this is the excitement that games have missed out on until now!
MTBS’ mission is to promote and foster superior game immersion and visual beauty, and the only way to do that is through stereoscopic 3D technology.
Independently run, MTBS primarily represents the interests of end consumers and providers of stereoscopic 3D solutions. While young, MTBS has become the largest S-3D website in existence today. This site feautures active discussion forums, game reviews, interviews and coverage of the leading names in the industry (e.g. DDD, iZ3D, AMD, NVIDIA, etc.), and much much more.
MTBS has six purposes:
1) To advocate and educate consumers and game developers so stereoscopic 3D is both properly implemented, and becomes a mass market industry success.
2) To test, review, and certify video games so members will know which are appropriate to buy for their stereoscopic 3D setup.
3) To develop and promote quality and compatibility expectations that will help game developers garner the best response from end users.
4) To endorse and benefit game engines that natively support participating stereoscopic 3D solutions so end-consumers get the best S-3D experience possible, and game developers have reduced development time.
5) To offer membership discounts on stereoscopic 3D products, related services, and compatible software.
6) Most importantly, to add a new level of FUN to the gaming community!
While independently owned and operated, Meant to be Seen is also the official consumer arm for The S-3D Gaming Alliance.
All video game players, developers, and technology enthusiasts are very welcome here, and we look forward to your input and ideas in our mtbs3D.com forums. You do not have to own a stereoscopic 3D solution to be a valued member at mtbs3D.com.