One Eyed Hopeful

Zalman Wins Kotaku's Least Worst....?

Post by Mong »

Check this out... http://kotaku.com/343609/zalman-wins-ko ... -ces-award

Neil, a little bit of info please.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

i have never seen a zalman in action, so what i am saying is more a general idea:

i think it is extremely sad, to post such articles.. "the less worst prodct". extreeeeeemly sad, since such a text brings no positive image of nobody, and has no real reason to exist. as we said more times here the brain needs time to get used to it, and you need to know what youre doing. such a article posted by somebody who does not even know what 3D is is nonsense.

related to zalman, iz3d and every 3d solution. check out the replies. a lot of negative replies from users who NEVER saw that in action.. i think it is sad.. for me those articles have a value of 0. i dont think that if thins are so bad like some people show them, there would be so many stereo gamers here and would be so satisfied about it.

bye

igor
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

I agree sharky, this is causing consumers to look the other way and not be bothered to enjoy gaming on a completely different level. I can not believe how most consumers are totally blinded by misleading information....sorry but I can't stop shaking my head at what i'm witnessing on the net, say no more. :?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

ouch! Those comments from the people really hurt
It's funny that guy who says that 3D is not the future, but immersion. I think he doesn't know what he is talking about.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

They didn't even make an attempt to explain the effect of 3D! The users think it's just a 2D immage floating at them :lol:
The only thing that counts is that the FPS are cut in half. But nowhere is mentioned the game looks better and runs faster with all settings on LOW in S-3D than in flat 2D style with everything on X-treme (-ly slow :twisted:) with every nonsens Filter ON :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Maybe we should stop promoting S-3D saying that "things come out of the screen" and say more that "things go inside the screen like watching through a window". The ignorance of people is so big that results embarrassing :oops:
sharky

Post by sharky »

well we have to promote the truth.. in fact they come out of the screen too..
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

You can make the settings, like you want to :D
And if you have it like a window you can see everything, that graps/moves from outside trough the window.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Some of the comments were kind of funny...
We only see the world in 2D anyway
Huh? Okay, here is test for all of the non believers out there. Go to the following website and determine your dominant eye:

http://www.archeryweb.com/archery/eyedom.htm

Now, put a patch over that eye for 24 hours and go about your daily routine. Count how many cars you hit, cups of coffee you spill, door knobs you jam your hand into, etc... Your daily life just became a 2D video game. Eventually, your brain will adjust and compensate for this to some degree but it is VERY disorienting.

This is the same thing that happens to a 2D gamer the first time they try 3D. They are so used to 2D, and their brain has adjusted to 2D, that it seems odd and uncomfortable to actually play anything the same way we view the rest of the world... Very frustrating fact...

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Neil

Post by Neil »

What an idiot. I mean, EVERYBODY was gone on the fourth day of CES. Even I left on the third night.

However, in the spirit of their quality work, I think we should reward them. So far, I see them winning the "Least Informative" and "Least Competent" categories (though it would be a close tie). As they were clearly grasping at straws to write something without actually researching their work, "Most Overpaid" fits in there too.

That article was a complete waste of screen pixels and bandwidth.

This is the phrasing I've been using to describe S-3D in MTBS press releases:

"Stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) refers to the ability to display true volumetric 3D content through 2D media. Examples include explosions that pop out of the screen, and a sense of depth that makes players think they can reach inside the game."

Regards,
Neil
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Neil wrote: "Stereoscopic 3D (S-3D) refers to the ability to display true volumetric 3D content through 2D media. Examples include explosions that pop out of the screen, and a sense of depth that makes players think they can reach inside the game."
The problem is that the most peopel postet comments there are so ignorant (or better stupid) that they wouldn't understand the meaning.

But this article is one of the best arguments against the WEB2.0, every ignorant guy can write fully unreal bullshit and will be read.

And what means "PS3 is 4D"? I don't think Sony has made an Console that can render Models with Spache and Time coordinates, you need an university to do that....

Hmm... Now I'm heated up, letz play crysis...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

sharky wrote:well we have to promote the truth.. in fact they come out of the screen too..
It wasn't about what can be done or not. I just think that is a better description for the masses to understand the concept.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

If people want to game in 2D let them do it. I have shown many people what 3D gaming looks like, but not one has asked what/where to buy 3D gear. They all say "Wow, You gotta see this" and that's about it. I'm sure You experience the same?
sharky

Post by sharky »

ofcourse they can play 2d or 3d... its theyr decision, but they should not post bullsh**.. i mean what they wrote is just something they saw at a tradeshow probably not in the correct situation and for shure without a needed brain preparation.
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

God I hate reading comments like this (Kotaku) founded on ignorance and having a closed mind. I'm kind of pissed about Nvidia leaving a lot of existing S-3D gamers out in the cold for this exclusively, but these people are attacking the concept itself and I'm willing to bet the majority of them have never even tried it.
Now, put a patch over that eye for 24 hours and go about your daily routine. Count how many cars you hit, cups of coffee you spill, door knobs you jam your hand into, etc...
Offtopic, but did you know if you wear glasses so that you only see upside-down and never take them off for about 3 days, your vision will actually flip?
If people want to game in 2D let them do it. I have shown many people what 3D gaming looks like, but not one has asked what/where to buy 3D gear.
I don't think anyone here minds if someone wants to game in 2D (I do 2D for multiplayer gaming, RTS's, and other HUD-heavy games), what we're annoyed about is the spreading of misinformation and having a closed mind about S-3D without even trying it. From my perspective it just makes them sound like a jerk.
Neil

Post by Neil »

If you are interested, I blogged this today and created a special thread to discuss it.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”