Game Chair Questions

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Game Chair Questions

Post by Neil »

I wrote a news story about this today.

I've never used a game chair before and it looks like it would naturally compliment an HMD setup. Do you guys have any game chair experiences to share? What makes one game chair better than the next?

Regards.
Neil
Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Is this the one been spoken of... http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/11/reneg ... sages.html

If so that's alot of comfort for us 3D gamers! :)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The ultimate gamechair should be one with s-3d in combination with headtracking and hydraulic for movement. ;)

Now, lets wait a couple of years more. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

There's a chair from D-BOX too. It's not a vibrating chair but a moving chair. Only for people with very deep wallets.
sharky

Post by sharky »

or with a great fantasy and the time to build one.. :D with a high speeed hydraulic piston,5 MW hidraulic pump, and a buch of seatbelts... :D

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

sharky wrote:or with a great fantasy and the time to build one.. :D with a high speeed hydraulic piston,5 MW hidraulic pump, and a buch of seatbelts... :D
http://www.force-dynamics.com/content/
That's great for racing sims. It simulates acceleration, not position as people thinks. And would be a lot better with total immersive HMD (blind from real world). The problem is the need for compensation of the platform movements for proper head tracking. A complex task I guess.
Maybe someone should inform those guys about the benefits of using a stereoscopic display in their product.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hehe this is more or less what i was thinking of.. :D i would call it "5 secs to be sick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZ6I4XaXIM

and this is a cheaper version of what you posted, but attracts me way more.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmwMXej_ ... re=related
sharky

Post by sharky »

i KNOW that before i die i have one of these selfmade bastards.. :D
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It is not too hard to build mechanically. There are nice electrically controlled hydraulic valves. Worst problem should be making the software for it (having the simulator position values from the game).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky

Post by sharky »

the software already exists... to download for free at www.x-simulator.de including tutorial and everything needed.. the problem is not th ebuilding.. the problem is the cost of the components and the violence of the mother.. :D
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

There is also the seat cushion from www.ivibe.com

Support for it has been very little in the last 2 years but apparently it works well with a few games. The difference between this and other solutions is how this one simulates the feeling of motion by sounds from the game being interpretted by the chair or game output making certain vibrators react on certain parts of the cushion.

Apparently, if you play R-Factor or Flight Sim 2004 you really get the feeling of motion.

I hope they start supporting the product with new updates and make it work natively with more games.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”