Gamespy Ces 3dgaming article

jackeberg
One Eyed Hopeful

Gamespy Ces 3dgaming article

Post by jackeberg »

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/844/844094p1.html

Nothing new, the Samsungs look great but has crappy pay to use drivers.The Zalmans have some bugs.

Didn´t sound like a great showing of 3d, but they seamed positive anyway.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Gamespy Ces 3dgaming article

Post by pixel67 »

jackeberg wrote:http://www.gamespy.com/articles/844/844094p1.html

Nothing new, the Samsungs look great but has crappy pay to use drivers.The Zalmans have some bugs.

Didn´t sound like a great showing of 3d, but they seamed positive anyway.
A little excerpt from gamespy:
gamespy wrote:But this year, if the CES show floor is to be believed, 3D has hit the turning point. Several companies have some impressive gear, including an application for dual-image processing that could change the way you play multiplayer games.
Quite positive, actually. Nice to see the media recognizing this as a turning point in the industry. They seem to like the DLP3d sets (me too but i am biased). I always wondered what dualview meant as i see it listed in the UI of my sammy. Oh, and by the way, the drivers pay per game model may be crappy, but it sure beats the alternative, which is a $2,000 boat anchor with a "3D Ready!" sticker on it.

:P

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
jackeberg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jackeberg »

Yeah, it is a good thing Samsung´s showing impressive stuff to the public. No one has ever done anything like that so far, including 3d as a bonus at (almost) no extra cost will open up some eyes.
I understand why they went with their own drivers now since Nvidia droped the ball. Fast forward 3 years and the good times will come. But it would have been more fun with something right now. I hope they start selling something in Europe. But until they´ve got some drivers it doesn´t really matter.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

I am confused. Everyone keeps saying that the Samsung DLPs can only play a couple games but I thought there was a way to make a registry change for the Nvidia drivers and be able to use the checkerboard type of 3d. Wouldn't this allow all of the games we can currently play on 7xxx series cards work on the new Samsungs? Has anyone tested this?
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

chrisdfw wrote:I am confused. Everyone keeps saying that the Samsung DLPs can only play a couple games but I thought there was a way to make a registry change for the Nvidia drivers and be able to use the checkerboard type of 3d. Wouldn't this allow all of the games we can currently play on 7xxx series cards work on the new Samsungs? Has anyone tested this?
You are correct there is a patch that enables the checkerboard pattern. Unfortunately i haven't tested this because I sold my 7900's during my last upgrade. :( Theoretically, it should work just as well as any other display profile (page flip, dual beamer, etc)

Cheers!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
jackeberg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jackeberg »

cool, then the drivers would be for Ati and 8800 cards. At least for now since they do not support recent games yet. Well I have a 8800 anyway, still nice.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”