Stereoscopic 3D for PC, Video games and Movies!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Mateusdau
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereoscopic 3D for PC, Video games and Movies!

Post by Mateusdau »

Hello, I am new here. I want to use 3d to play pc games, video games and watch movies.
So, what should I buy?

I have a Home Theater with sound 5.1 and an Acer H5360 Projector ( I will play and watch movies there ).

To play PC games, I don´t know if I buy the Nvidia 3d vision, the E-dimensional dongle or another on. The e-dimensional glasses works at 120hz?

To play video games, I listened about E-dimensional Virtual fx 2d to 3d converter, but I don´t know if it is good and if it will work with my Acer H5360.

To watch movies is the complicated one, because I will need at least 6 pair of glasses. The E-dimensional ones are cheaper but the nvidia 3d vision are a little more expensive. And what about passive ones?

Well, I am a little lost. Can anyone help me with the best and cheaper solution ?
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Stereoscopic 3D for PC, Video games and Movies!

Post by anotherFrench »

I did buy those glasses (scroll down to see the "X3D FIELD SEQUENTIAL COMPUTER/PROJECTOR SYSTEM" at 17.99$), they look exactly like the edimensional, same glasses and same dongle but I have to say I never tryed them out so I can just guess they are the same inside too

problem with both edim and x3D is the drivers don't work very well for now, I espect iz3D or tridef to have new compatible drivers very soon but till then you'll probably have to use the interlaced mode of those drivers.
it works fine this way with game and vidéos but because it's interlaced you loose 50% of the vertical resolution, it's ok on a monitor but it could be a problem with a projector

also you have to verify that those glasses are compatible with you projector, I think they are but not really sure

ps: I think you can read the videos in full res (non intelaced) with stereoscopicPlayer, it workt for me with edim+crt
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I am fairly certain that projector will only work with the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. You will also need a PC with an Nvidia card in order to use the glasses. That will allow you to play PC games in 3D. You can also watch 3D videos with Nvidias media player. You should be able to watch 3D BluRay at some point but I am not sure about that so don't quote me. Don't waste your time/money with edimensional. All their gear is obsolete and not worth investing in.
Mateusdau
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mateusdau »

Thank you both for the help =)

Do you know if that 3d dvd movies ( Imax collection, The Polar Express Presented in 3-D, My blood valetine 3d, etc etc ) will work with Nvidia 3d Vision? Where I can find movies in 3d to buy?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately most of the recent 3D movies, like the ones you mentioned, were only released in anaglyph formats (red/blue type glasses). You can find some low-budget cult movies released on 3D DVD (search for "HQFS 3D DVD") and there is some demo content floating around the internet. Hopefully the new 3D BluRay standard will solve a lot of this.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”