MTBS S-3D Hardware Guide RC1, Historical Game Exhibit!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Two important stories to report today. First, MTBS is proud to put out Release Candidate I[/b] of the MTBS Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Guide. If you are shopping for your first true 3D experience, this guide is a MUST READ. It covers nearly all the available stereoscopic 3D hardware in the cinema and consumer space, and by the time you have finished reading it, you will have a clear grasp of the technologies on the market including their benefits and challenges. A similar stereoscopic 3D software guide is also in the works.

Second, the other evening I had the privilege of being invited to the opening of EVOLUTION: 30 Years of Computer Games[/b], a special museum exhibit put on by Games For Windows[/b] and the Personal Computer Museum[/b].

Neil Schneider (Left) and Syd Bolton, Curator of the Personal Computer Museum
at: EVOLUTION: 30 Years of Computer Games Exhibit in Toronto

While I can’t take credit for being involved with ALL thirty years of computer video games, I’m an easy mark for having been around for most of them. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think my first computer, a Commodore Vic-20, would be treated as a museum piece. I admit it was still a lot of fun to play classics like Ms. Pacman, Choplifter, and now infamous King’s Quest I by still around and kicking Sierra.

Neil Schneider Playfully Interviewed (ambushed and aged) by MuchMusic at
EVOLUTION: 30 Years of Computer Games Exhibit in Toronto

To add insult to injury, one of the high (and low!) points of my evening was being interviewed by Tim Deegan, MuchMusic’s youngest VJ. Ambushed while playing Ms. Pacman, I was easy cannon fodder for playful age over beauty remarks. You’re only as young as your FIRST video game!

Neil Schneider and the Commodore Vic-20 - HIS FIRST COMPUTER

Neil Schneider (Left) and Ryan Bidan, Product Manager Microsoft Games for Windows

The exhibit is still open to the public today from 12:00PM to 5:00PM EST at:

InterAccess Electronic Media Arts Centre
9 Ossington Avenue,
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

I’m certain all attendees will enjoy it. Furthermore, visitors can enjoy a much fuller experience by visiting the Personal Computer Museum[/b] in Brantford, Ontario (Canada) which is next scheduled to be open to the public on July 19th, 2008.

Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Two important stories to report today. First, MTBS is proud to put out Release Candidate I of the MTBS Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Guide. If you are shopping for your first true 3D experience, this guide is a MUST READ. It covers nearly all the available stereoscopic 3D hardware in the cinema and consumer space, and by the time you have finished reading it, you will have a clear grasp of the technologies on the market including their benefits and challenges. A similar stereoscopic 3D software guide is also in the works. Second, the other evening I had ...

Return to “MTBS News”