Stereovision and Valve ???

Post by qm »

Let's wait for answers, I just wanted to try this:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=616179
qm
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

damn.. I thought about writing an extremely similar post to Valve yesterday or the day before. Just after finishing Episode 2 in stereo-3D and being awed by the experience..

Good post, I wonder what they answer.

A friend of mine works at a world class game developer, and they never thought about S-3D yet... Perhaps it isn't here now, but engine writers should think ahead quite a few years..

(Imagine S-3D support integrated into the new Source engine...)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

I think it's important to reply to his thread and help demonstrate demand. Remember, QM's post is surrounded by people who don't know a thing about S-3D. You could talk about Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf coming out in November, and how Hollywood has jumped on board big time. Valve needs to understand that when millions of people go to watch their favorite movies in 3D, there will be a sudden pressure for at-home 3D viewing too. This isn't years away. I'm not saying we will be living in holographic glass pyramids come 2008, but this isn't years away! :P

It's a good start to post in the forum. Now you need an active thread to demonstrate demand. Otherwise, how would you justify Valve responding in a positive way? I'm sure their suggestion box is pretty big as it is. :shock:

Regards,
Neil
qm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by qm »

Just a second...
Have I posted this thread here in the "Video games forums"??
Have you moved it here? Why?
I think it has to be in the "General talk", because it's not only about Half Life 2.
Anyway, no new posts in my thread in the Steam forum.
But I think Neil's suggestion is a good one, go there and tell them about stereovision!
qm
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Sorry about that - I didn't mean to catch you off guard. I moved it here because it fell in the advocacy category as you are encouraging game developers to adopt S-3D technologies. It's also good to post here because members will be able to easily jump on the thread.

Regards,
Neil
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Well, there it goes my post at the steam forum, although it looks like it is not being very popular. God, why can't people see? see in stereo, of course :) hehe

As I'm new here at mtbs I didn't see that conference till I read this post. Makes me feel optimistic to know that these things are being done.
Neil, has you showed animated graphics in those conferences? I'm sure that the onyric feeling that animated computer graphics in stereo 3D give will do a better job that fixed images in demonstrating what everybody is missing.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”