UT3 Demo

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

UT3 Demo

Post by cirk2 »

Hi,
I've just downloaded the UT3 Demo and will now tell you about my impressions ind s-3d.

First of all my Sys-Config:
Intel core 2 Duo E6700
Asus P5B deluxe
Nvidia Gforce 8800 Gtx
Vuzix (Icuti) Vr920
162.50 Driver and Stereo combo.

Not long before I tryed Bioshock in S-3D successfull, so I had great expectations. (Bioshok uses the Unreal 3 Engine from UT3)
And I have to say... B?M :)
The 3D Is runnung errorless and stabel with full postprocessing and looks stunning.
Not even the Quadratic artifacts i know from other games are present (a GF8 thing)
In Higer Seperation or Depht effects (str+f6) a wired border on the left and right secren appears but that isen't anoying.

What have you for impressions?
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

Hmm, I can enable 3d but i'm not actually getting stereo. Seperation has no effect, and Convergance makes those borders appear, but there is still no real 3D
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

You shoud try the 162.50 driver, I haven't testet something other now
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

I am using that one, my sig is outdated, i'll update it ;)
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

On my 7900 GTX I don't get stereo with the 162.50 combo. The stereo driver kicks in as I can see by the changed gamma setting and I can adjust the screen Z axis in general wth the convergence settings, but the scenery remains flat (like looking on a big cinema screen).

Has anybody with a 7 series card any luck or does this game only run in 3D on an 8 series card?

I also tried the Dragon stereo utility but only got a messed up view.

circ2, is the stereo really flawless on the 8800 GTX, I mean do you have real dept in the scenery? Do you use any additional tool?

I also tried my standard 3D driver combo 94.24/94.24 and the 163.67/162.15 combo, but with no success at all.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Nobsi wrote: cirk2, is the stereo really flawless on the 8800 GTX, I mean do you have real dept in the scenery? Do you use any additional tool?
Jep there is real depth in the screen. Just no aditional tool.

I overrided nearly all settings from the nvidia control panel (FSAA and such) and use the Dual VGA mode.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

You got the luck!

So has anybody with a 7900 GTX more success than me with this demo? And if so, with which driver/stereo combo?

I also noticed that the game can be modified through various INI file settings, so maybe the post process stage of the engine which most probably makes the problems can be completely switched off. My tries so far did not lead to any stereo effect. Has anybody else more luck than me?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

As far as I can remember nothing new workes for me...
Everything either crashes or doesn't show any 3D.
UT3 looks completly FLAT to me. I used a 7900gs.

Circ2 can you explain, what settings you are using (in controll panel)?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Hold the phone..

you got Bioshock working too??
And UT3?

Ok.. plz post a long list of what you did.. both are def not 3D here. They both run and do something but nu true 3D..
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I've tried both games on an 8800gts and wth the 162.50 drivers and both crash.

Post some screens and list what you did so we can at least see some proof. Sorry I'm highly skeptical this works WITH post processing on.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

When you got UT3 or Bioshock to run the other runs as well.
They are based on the same engine.
Like HL2, Cs:S, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2 and Portal are all based on the Source engine.

screenshots are a bit difficult... they are.. uhm screwed... I upload some:
http://uploaded.to/?id=4l8gic

Ok I've got here my complete settings:

nView Display Settings

Mode: Clone
Primary display: 19" TFT
Seconday display: iWear VR920

Performance & Quality Settings

Antiliasing settings : 8xS
Anistropic filtering: Application controlled
Image settings: High quality
Color profile: Not available
Vertical sync: On
Force mipmaps: trilinear
Conformant texture clamp: on
Extension limit: off
Hardware acceleration: nView Clone/span mode
Trilinear optimization: off
anistropic mip filter optimization: off
anistropic sample optimization: ofF
Gamma correct antialising: on
Tansparency antialiasing: Supersampling
Tripple buffering: on
Negative LOD Bias: Allow
Threaded optimization: on
OpenGL error reporting: off

Stereo Options

Enabled by Hotkey
Stereo Type: Dual VGA Output (Deep3D)
Monitor Size: 19"
Stereo Gamma Setting: 1.00
Resolution/Stereo Refresh Rate: 1024x768 60Hz
Always use Stereo Refresh Rate: On

System:

No Hacks, Full dual core
Win XP home sp2
Actual DX3D
Dragon Tool to activate classic control pannel
162.50 Driver Combo[/b]
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Dual VGA stereo can't even work for your setup. For the VR920 to display stereo you have yo use the DDC VGA glasses mode, as it uses pageflipping. I think you have never even once seen real stereo...

EDIT:

Also you say:
Dragon tool does no such thing, I think you're bullshitting...
And your screenshots seem screwed indeed...
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hi circ2!

you made a great list of items above.
I changed some things according to it (in Performance&quality).
Important might have been the change of FSAA to super FSAA or 'Force mipmaps: trilinear '.

I think it works, even if I had not much time to test at least nothing got worse apart from maybe Frame rate...

I testet Hellgate london Demo sucessfully, now!
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=772

It seemd to work, even though I don't have the newest drivers nor a 8800.

This could be the solution for many crashes with newer games!
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Xerion wrote:Dual VGA stereo can't even work for your setup. For the VR920 to display stereo you have yo use the DDC VGA glasses mode, as it uses pageflipping. I think you have never even once seen real stereo...
Dual VGA also gives the Pageflipping singnal (the Flickering on normal screens) wich get the vr to divide the two pictures...
Xerion wrote: Also you say:
Dragon tool does no such thing, I think you're bullshitting...
And your screenshots seem screwed indeed...
open TuningNSD.exe, go to the "Driver" Taband place the hook (might wrong word) at "Use classic Nvidia control panel view"

Thats the trick...
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Seems to me Dual VGA stereo shouldn't give a page flipping signal, but I haven't tried it.

And you're right about the dragontool, I never saw that option :oops:

In any case, I'm sorry for being so harsh :)
decoril
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by decoril »

This is interesting, i have a VR920 too and this drivers but, with the VR920 having only one VGA connection, how do you receive the other image from the card?
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Hi Cirk2,

Can you get a popout effect? Because it isn't working here.. there are 2 images etc, but no depth, just 2 spatially shifted images with indeed a edge error when seperation or convergence goes higher..

do you get popout?
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Same here, with the use of the dragon utility I get 2 shifted images, but no real depth. Most likely the heavy post processing effects do ruin the stereo effect, like in many other games these days.
I tried do disable them via manipulation of the INI files, but with no success so far. I can switch off various post processing effects, but still no real stereo. In other games (like Dirt or NFS) I had more luck with this.

So has anybody managed to enable real stereo (not only shifted left/right pictures) for this game on a 8800 or 7900?
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Popout I only got for the actual weapon, the rest is "in screen" but I see the depht...

Nad i dont know what Dual Vga mode does but the Vr makes 2 pictures and 3d of it, might also the DDC Vga mode also does the trick...
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Cirk2,

can you do me a favor, and switch to anaglyph mode and make a screengrab for me that way?

To see if 3D is correct, anaglyph is fine (or better) anyway.

Thx!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”