Half-Life 2 Episode 2

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Half-Life 2 Episode 2

Post by RAGEdemon »

Has anyone had any success with this one?
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Edit:

Works pretty well although there is a temporary effect where the ghost mage over-stays which makes ghosting look worse.

To explain what I mean, run the NEW D3D overrider tool 1.5 which comes with the latest rivatuner - you should already have this ;)

Run any working stereo game with iz3D with all "force VSync with DirectX" boxes UNCHECKED. The game will run fine. Now run game with all boxes CHECKED, and you will notice unbelievably heavy ghosting when the image moves. This is the ghosting that I refer to in Half-life.

What you have to do is make sure VSync is disabled from within the game and outside.

Might write this part with a better explanation when I have more time.
I believe that the way this technology works, the dual LCD screens on the iz3D need to work in tandem, and the best way to do that is to have VSync in all games so both screens update the same part of the screen exactly at the same time and of course there is no tearing. D3D tool prevents the frame-rate loss due to VSync so ideally you should always have this on in the background but make sure that the "force VSync" checkboxes are always unchecked.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

Hi RAGEdemon,

so what you mean is we should run D3D overrider which is a tool that reduces fps drops when V-sync is activated.
But we should deactivate V-sync and still run the D3D overrider.
Which will eliminate the ghosting we get only when our deactivated V-sync is activated ?!? :?

And then you say the best way to reduce ghosting is to have V-sync on, but we should make sure we uncheck the boxes which will turn on the V-sync...

You know, I don't get it.... what do we do this for again?

Just trying to understand the purpose of all this :wink:
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

LOL I see where the missunderstanding is. I should have explained clearer.

D3D overrider has a force VSync checkbox BUT this seems to work very differently from normal VSynch in the nVidia CP and in games. The one in games and nvidia CP should be used as it does VSync without the ghosting problem. The method of VSync used by D3D overrider is what seems to be causing the problem.

So, to sum up: In most games, use nvidia CP and in game settings to enable VSync and leave the D3D VSync checkbo unchecked.

But in HL2E2, disable all VSync, as the game seems to use its own triple buffer implementation when VSync is enabled - which is similar/same as the D3D overrider's version, so producing the same anomaly.

I hope that makes things a little clearer ;)

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”