iz3D Monitor - Ati vs nVidia compatibility

Omu
One Eyed Hopeful

iz3D Monitor - Ati vs nVidia compatibility

Post by Omu »

Hello, I am new in this kind of playing (stereoscopic 3D), and I have one question, big for me ! I is full compatible an ATI 2900XT graphic card with iZ3D monitor, or better get an nVidia 8800GTX because of stereo 3D drivers (I read about the fact there is no 3D stereo driver to work with that card)?

I realy soory for my bad english!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi and welcome to the board.. :)

i have never read/heard about a card that does not work with a iz3d monitor.. but just to be shure i link this thread to the iz3d team..

have a nice day..

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

Sharky, now that is funny!
Omu was just referred from the iz3d forum over to mtbs for that question :)

@Omu:

what you read about was for sytems other than iZ3D.
AFAIK there is no good 3D support for ATI cards if you want to use shutterglasses or a HMD.

iZ3D Monitor and driver should work just fine with an ATI card.

Only requirements are that you have a dual output card (meaning 2 DVI or 1DVI and 1VGA output on your card) which pretty much every newer card will have. And that you run Windows XP or Vista.
DX 10 and 64-bit versions are not yet supported but they are working on it and as I can say from my experience with iZ3D, they are working hard on it and will get it to work :)

I myself don't own an ATI card, so yes it would be nice if someone with a ATI could verify what I jsut said. I guess that is what Omu really wants, isn't it?

welcome to the forum :)

da_giz
sharky

Post by sharky »

Guten Tag da_giz! Sch?n dich wieder online zu sehen! :D (hallo da_giz! nice to see you online again [for non german... :D])

iz3d tested games with a ati card so ati cards work at 100%. but rereading your post you are asking if that specific card works. where have you read that this card does not work with iz3d? maybe reading through that info i can tell you more.

bye the way, i confirm what dagiz said.. when they start to work they are unstoppable.. :D

bye

sharky

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

@sharky: Am ende noch ein Deutscher in Italien? Oder bist Du Italiener und kannst deutsch?
(After all a german in italy? Or are you an italian who knows german?)

great stuff :)
Omu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omu »

Thank you all, for good news, yes I wanted to know for sure if my card Ati 2900XT its good for stereo 3D with iz3D 22" monitor (that I planed to by soon), because I don't have money for another graphic card with nVidia chipset. Thank you all again, and if you have more news about what I asked, please tell me!
sharky

Post by sharky »

@dagiz Italiener der deutsch spricht.. :) 13 Jahre deutsche Schule. :)
[Italian who speaks german.. 13 years of german scool]

omu i think it should work without problems but obviously i cant guarantee. if you could link the site where you read about it i can tell you more.. :)

bye

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”