Viewsonic PJD6531w, reviews?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
hcforde
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Viewsonic PJD6531w, reviews?

Post by hcforde »

Here in the U.S. the PJD6531w is still listed as a compatible Nvidia Vision unit. However, the older models need a firmware update to make them compatible but the newer ones apparently come that way. The PJD6531w has been discontinued and the PJD6553w is the heir(supposedly). AGAIN, no compatibility with Nvidia 3D vision at launch. As of now there is no current Viewsonic 720P projector compatible with Nvidia 3D vision. If this does not happen soon they will also lose my money.

It would seem that Nvidia would get better market share by giving the license, (or selling it cheaply) to the manufacturers and profiting on the sale of more video cards. I currently have Dual 2-GB AMD 5870's. It is time for me to upgrade, and I would like to get a couple of GTX670's. BUT!!!, why should I upgrade to Nvidia approved projectors when I do not have a wider selection of projectors to choose from. This licensing fee makes the user pay for the technology twice because the manufacturer passes it on to the enduser in the form of higher cost for the licensed unit and the they pay for it again when buying 3D video equipment from Nvidia.

I did not like the "OPEN STANDARD" AMD & Tridef was touting but there are more choices and while not perfect, neither is Nvidia 3D Vision. I like having a choice and including Nvidia is a choice but now they are limiting choices. The PC market is NOT the APPLE/MAC market where choices are controlled.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well that was one of the reasons I decided to go AMD on my latest rig and bought an HDMI 1.4a projector.
hcforde
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hcforde »

I just bought a PJD6553w but am wondering if I should have gotten the cheaper PJD5523w. The cheaper model has 120HZ PC timings at every resolution up to 1280*720/800. I also bought the VP3D1 video processor so I have HDMI1.3 and 1.4 capability. I have not had a chance to try it out yet because the package came UPS and the box was visibly damaged. The company I bought them from double packaged the video processor($200) but did not double package projector which was ($700) - WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???????.

About the AMD cards and resolutions, Is 3D fixed at 720P & 1080P or is it at any resolution?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If you are using HDMI 1.4a then you are limited to 720P or 1080P. If you use straight 120Hz mode (frame-sequential) then you may try other resolutions but there also may be sync issues.

Return to “3D Projectors”