Rainbow Six Las Vegas

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Rainbow Six Las Vegas

Post by nathansteinke »

I'll start this off as an example of what discussions we might have for getting 3d games to work.

Rainbow Six Las Vegas _kind of_ looks 3d, but I noticed that the separation is constant at all depths. There is a thread on nvidia stereo forums regarding this.

Is there any way through game configuration to help this out?

As a counter-example, GTR 2 has different separation at different depths and looks very good. I will set the steering wheel so it has 0 separation, and a tree off in the distance about a 100 feet with about 1 inch of separation.
I start by using F3 and F4 to get the tree to be separated by about an inch, then use the F5 and F6 to get the steering wheel to have no separation.

In Rainbow Six Las Vegas, F3 and F5 seem to do exactly the same thing. and F4 and F6 do the same thing, it doesn't have the same independent control available in GTR 2 to get a good stereo effect.

Can anyone provide any input on how this game can be configured to work properly or have any insights on why this problem exists?
Thanks.
-Nate
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Nathan,

Rainbow 6 was one of the first games I tried to certify - and I'm sorry to say - I haven't had much luck with this game.

I reduced all the settings to nil, but still nothing.

I'm going to try it again. I vaguely remember seeing a widening separation the further into the distance you went - not an equal separation right through.

It just wasn't the result I was looking for.

However, keep posting the games that don't work - maybe someone out there has a solution or configuration tweak to workaround the problems.

Regards,
Neil 8)
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

I will have to try that too. I too have this game but no driver for my 8800 yet. I will run some tests with it.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”