DDD Software (Tridef) Preview with Samsung HL-T 6189

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

DDD Software (Tridef) Preview with Samsung HL-T 6189

Post by pixel67 »

Hi guys,
I have confirmed with a DDD representative that they are indeed in the process of developing a new 3D driver specifically for gaming! There are two really cool things about this software which is why I started a new thread:

1. It will support DLP 3D as well as other popular viewing modes, bringing Excellent 3D to the masses!
2. It works on my 8800GTX!

It is currently planned to launch in early September at a yet undisclosed price with full software and glasses packages releasing later in the month. The glasses are E-Dimensional OEM glasses so there is nothing proprietary about them and many of us will only have to purchase the software. I have taken the trial versions of their software for a test spin and it is very encouraging! The Tridef DVD player and Tridef Media Player are pretty cool! I have never been a huge fan of 2D - 3D conversion but their software actually does a pretty decent job. No official word on specific game compatiblity or ATI support for the game drivers yet but know they are working on the more popular titles first. Neil, looks like you may want to add another driver category on the website soon! I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

For those not familiar with the Samsung HL-T line of HDTV's, I would encourage you to check out their website along with pricing for these sets on ebay. $1,250 will buy you a shiny new 50" set with 10,000:1 contrast ratio and full 1920 x 1080 resolution...in 3D! Definitely a good fit if you are already in the market for a new TV as the 3D support is about as close to free as your going to get and you simply can't get a better 2D experience for both computer and ATSC viewing.

More updates soon!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Great news :D gotta love a crystal clear 72" monitor that can run in 3D with high resolution and ultra brightness - and is the best TV anyway LOL.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Check out this link in the Hollywood Reporter discussing 3D in the home. It includes a few snippets from the guys at DDD, Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, and Sony Pictures. Hollywood is making some HUGE investments in insuring S3D and will have over 1000 3D theaters in the US in anticipation of the new Angelina Jolie movie, Beowolf. (Lots of other great actors and actresses but I am kind of partial to Angelina!) :mrgreen:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 278a578f00

Can't wait to see this!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Here is an HD Screenshot of Quake4.
http://www.geocities.com/pmonson67/Quake4.JPG
The native resolution is 1920x1080 so you may have to click on the image again to see the native res. BEAUTIFUL!!! Interesting thing, when the screenshot is displayed at any other resolution than native, you can see the checkerboard pattern clearly. If displayed at the native then is isn't noticeable. Maybe this is a JPG artifact?? Here is the REAL interesting bit that I know many may be wondering. The checkerboard pattern is not perceptable in game. Not even if you close one eye. Believe me, I tried for a good 30 minutes and you just can't see it. The games looks just as detailed in stereo as it does in 2d at this res, so I have to wonder how this stereo method actually works as I was assuming there would be resolution loss. As a matter of fact, the image quality looks BETTER and MORE detailed in stereo! The lighting looks more realistic and the colors just look more "natural" for the lack of a better term. Hopefully I will have some more "play time" later tonight. Great stuff!!!!

Pixel
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Someone already uploaded this image to the MTBS file exchange, and it is listed there too.

Regards,
Neil
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Pixel67:

That artifact has nothing to do with JPG, actually jpg helps to keep it down in some way :P It has to do with your name, and something called Moire.
For some reason the stereo image has a really fine checkerboard structure, together with the "grid" of your tft screen for instance, this gives a Moire pattern if those 2 do not line up, for instance when not shown at native.. Quite a common thing actually.

I do have some questions though:
You use this monitor right now? With these new drivers? Does it need Shutterglasses?

I don't know why it uses a checkerboard pattern... I'd say DLP is fast enough to switch all mirrors entirely for each frame.. the mirrors are fast enough I guess, the colorwheel would be an issue but not give checkerboard..

Let us know.

ps: 1250$ for a 50" screen and drivers, sounds pretty good to be honest...
or am I missing something.
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

Are you running XP or Vista? Does the DDD driver support both?

It is great news that the DDD driver supports not just DLP-3D, but other popular viewing modes as well.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Thanks for the info.
I am using XP with this monitor and have been spending most of my time with TriDef's OpenGL driver, playing Quake4 in HD and 3D! Makes it fun all over again! It seems to work very well with all of the ID based games I have tried so far. It does require shutterglasses. More info can be found here:

http://www.dlp.com/hdtv/3-d_dlp_hdtv.aspx

http://www.tridef.com

I will have to give the Direct3D drivers a shot this weekend.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Samsung has also updated their site with an interactive guide to DLP 3D.

http://product.samsung.com/dlp3d/

ENJOY!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

How very interesting this thread is. It will be even more interesting to see what kind of "driver" actually comes out... Will it be like iZ3D's excellent offering or will it be more like eDimensional's ATi "driver"...weird how they will bundle ED glasses with the packages.

Lets see what happens. Something to look very much forward to :)
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

RAGE:
My initial impressions of their Experience 3D product are good...so far. Definitely not like the ED Driver which I tried and gave up on very quickly. I tried out the two demo licenses that come with the package, C&C3 and Tomb Raider Anniversary, and I would rate the 3D quality as very good and on par with the Nvidia drivers with a few exceptions, recognizing that it is also very early in development:
1. The number of supported games needs to be expanded quickly. Now that I have seen how good HD Gaming looks, I want more!
2. My experiences are all using the DLP 3D display profile so I really can't comment on any of the other display profiles (page flip, anaglyph, etc).
3. OpenGL support is good, but again not broad enough to cover all of the OpenGL games that are out there.
4. As I mentioned before, this is the only solution that works with my 8800GTX

I would be interested in the feedback from those that have other display solutions.
Pixel
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi there Pixel.

That sounds very promising. I am very excited that the major manufacturers are starting to integrate stereo into their products. If one of these telies were on display with stereo in a popular retail store, who knows how fast this could grow. I'me sure there would be a queue of people around it at the store.
But as you say, the driver isnt ready yet and I understand if they don't want to hype it up just yet till the driver can do what the screen is capable of doing.

I would like to try these out on DLP page-flipping proj. Where would I aquire such a driver with an appropriate license?

Are there any other games on the compatibility list other than CC and TR?

I think the biggest thing we are all wondering about is: Does it support post processing shader effects?

We would appreciate any info you could give to us.

-- Shahzad.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Hi Rage:
I agree! If the average gamer walked into best buy and saw either the DDD or IZ3D solutions then this industry would take off like a rocket. You can pick up a demo copy of the DDD software on their site at-

http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3 ... e-3.0.html

You will have to activate it in order to test it out. It does have a very cool on screen display that helps tweaking when within a game. Good luck and let us know how it works for you.
I really can't comment yet on post processing effects as i would need to know exactly what to look for in a particular game. The games they have qualified are all new to me and aren't into my usual game rotation so I don't know what to look for.

Pixel
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Here is the press release from DDD last week.
http://www.ddd.com/about/Press%20Releas ... 70907.html
A few interesting things from the press release:
1. Vista Support
2. Nvidia and ATI support
Has anyone with Vista given these a shot?

They also list support for over 40 different display products.
http://www.tridef.com/display/profile/all.html

Sure would be cool if the development teams from IZ3D and DDD were to join forces and offer the public a comprehensive 3D conversion product. The end user (US!) would be the ultimate winner with a best of breed driver that supports the best from each company...

1. A driver that supports 80+ D3D games with post processing effects
2. A fully functional OpenGl driver
3. Support for the vast majority of consumer stereoscopic displays
4. A license distribution method that is already tried and tested

I don't have an issue with paying extra, over and above the cost of the game itself, to enjoy HD and 3D gaming and really don't care who the author of the software is (game developer, display OEM, 3D Conversion, Entrepeneur). Competition in this space is a good thing! However I, the consumer, shouldn't be penalized because I chose a specific display to suit my environment (DDD doesn't have a profile for IZ3D monitors and IZ3D drivers don't support other display types). Whether I prefer to game on an excellent 3D desktop monitor from an office chair OR on a great 3D HDTV from a sofa is completely irrelevant and is mere ergonomics and a personal preference for what suits my environment the best. I sense a "Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD" war coming. I sure hope we, the consumer, are the winners...
PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

I'm guessing the reason you can't see the checkerboard pattern is because it isn't there. That is only how the computer sends the data to the screen. The screen doesn't actually display a checkerboard. It just uses the checkerboard to produce two full screens, one for each eye, and alternates those more than a hundred times a second.
Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Screenshots

Post by Simon »

Here are some 3D screenshots of Tomb Raider Anniversary. They were captured using the DirectX 9 Driver of TriDef 3-D Experience. All in-game video settings were turned on.

I will do more screenshots of other games when I have time.
Simon
Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Simon »

More screenshots of other games taken from the TriDef DX9 driver.

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Madden NFL 07
Madden NFL 08
The Sims 2
Simon
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi! nice screens!

do the drivers support post processing and anti alaising? the images you posted seem a bit grainy to me. wich resolution did you use?

by sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Simon »

sharky wrote:hi! nice screens!

do the drivers support post processing and anti alaising? the images you posted seem a bit grainy to me. wich resolution did you use?

by sharky
The TriDef DX9 driver supports post-processing but not anti-aliasing. We are working on the latter and it could be supported in the future.

The resolution of those screenshots is 1280x1024. The screen was captured directly from the offscreen buffer. The graininess might be caused by JPEG compression, roughly at 90% quality. I could save the file in PNG but the filesize would be many times larger.
Simon
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi! thank you for your reply! by grainy i meant the pixels caused by the missing antialising. well what you said sounds very promising.. :)

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Very nice.

May I ask why the depth is low? is it a limitation of the driver or maybe a personal preference of the person taking the screenshots.

I also notice that some of the effects seem to be at screen depth, but it is hard to tell at the low depth setting... if its the driver, will this be fixed in the final release and will the driver support all post processing effects without the need to disable them or have them show at screen depth?

Thank you for the information :)
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

RAGE,
The screen depth is actually adjustable when you capture them in the TriDef format and use their viewer. What you see must just be the default. You can toggle 3D on and off as well to get a true appreciation for what 3D can add to the experience. It's kind of cool being able to play around with image depth in real time. I think what you are seeing is low separation on the post processing effects as they look really good in 3D as well.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
sharky

Post by sharky »

thanks for the reply simon, i checked tehm out again and saw that there is no post processing on them.. could you please post a jps wich shows the ability to stereorender the postprocessing? maybe blur would be nice. something like battlefield 2 when a granade goes off... or the speed blur in need for speed. thank you

Jahun

Post by Jahun »

I tried the demo a bit, on C&C 3, but I get odd results. (tried it on google earth too)

E-mailed DDD but didn't get a response either.

Anyways, maybe someone here can help. Anyone tried the DDD driver with C&C3? Did it look good? Can you adjust the 3D settings on the fly, like Nvidia's?

I am all for a universal driver that you pay a license per game for, I'm fine with that. I just want to be able to test the driver before hand.

And it seems you need to buy the software (50$ or so) and then 1 license (5$ or so).. right now it seems just C&C3 I am interested in, so a bit steep if I can't test it with a demo version.

(Trying it on my dual projector setup, and it doesn't work. Anaglyph looks odd and non 3D too, perhaps it is just me ofc)
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Jahun,
I tried it on my setup and it works great but I am using a different display profile (3D DLP vs Dual Projector). It does have an in game adjustment menu that pops up when you hit ALT - SHIFT - BACKSPACE. It runs great on my core2 and 8800gtx but is completely unplayable on my older rig running a 6800GT. I did have one instance where it was chugging along at about 2 fps. I rebooted and everything has been fine ever since.

Hope you get it working...

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Hmm I hope Simon can shed some light on this... whether it works as great on dual projector setups...

Dunno if I'd pay the 50$ + 5$ for just C&C3, but I will keep a close eye on their supported games.

DDD if you read this, please add support for Bioshock. That game is extremely hot right now, and is totally unplayable with Nvidia..

If you manage to get a game like that in 3D, I'd be licensing that driver in a minute.. :)
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Jahun wrote:DDD if you read this, please add support for Bioshock. That game is extremely hot right now, and is totally unplayable with Nvidia..

If you manage to get a game like that in 3D, I'd be licensing that driver in a minute.. :)
DITTO HERE!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Simon »

Jahun wrote:Hmm I hope Simon can shed some light on this... whether it works as great on dual projector setups...

Dunno if I'd pay the 50$ + 5$ for just C&C3, but I will keep a close eye on their supported games.

DDD if you read this, please add support for Bioshock. That game is extremely hot right now, and is totally unplayable with Nvidia..

Dual projection is currently not supported by TriDef DX9 driver. It is only supported by TriDef Media Player and OpenGL driver. So Google Earth, when set to OpenGL mode, should be working for dual projection. The setup is described in Display Configuration under TriDef Support.

You do not need to pay $50 to get the $5 game licenses working. You do not need to purchase TriDef 3-D Experience if you just want to play one game. Just downloand and install the free version of TriDef 3-D Experience, try the game in Demo Mode (2D-3D split screen), make sure the 3D is working, then finally buy the individual game license $5. The $50 license is for you to enable other great featrues of the pack such as Media Player and DVD Player.

We are looking at Bioshock and other games.
Simon
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi simon!

did you read my post about the post processing?

another question: is DDD going to be a sponsor? i am asking because it seems strange to me that iz3D is paying and is an active sponsor, and DDD isn'T. so to my eyes (i am only moderator,and have no executive rights of any kind in here, just curious) something is wrong: IF youre a sponsor, then the wrong thing is that there is no personal section for your drivers, no test results posted in a proper section, no visible logo on the site and so on. If youre not a sponsor, than it is strangethat you post as a DDD representative.

don't misunderstand me.. i have no problem with it.. just curious... i am not the owner of the site and have no executive rights here.. :) just would like to know if we have /will have a new sponsor and maybe promotions and discounts going on.. :)

bye

sharky

Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Ehm..

Sponsor or not, it is great that a representative is posting here!

Simon:
Thanks for clearing that up, however I am ofcourse not so happy that dual projector is not supported. To me that seems to be the easiest of all options to implement... perhaps I am wrong.

Ah just 5$ is enough then, great! If dual projection is added, I'd go straight for C&C3 en wait for Bioshock to come in.

Will dual projection be added soon, or is it not really a priority right now?
I hope it is, this licensable driver sounds like a great idea.

ps; I thought the C&C3 shots have nice depth (tried the cross eye ones), can't comment on the postprocessing though.. not sure
sharky

Post by sharky »

Jahun wrote:Ehm..

Sponsor or not, it is great that a representative is posting here!
you got it wrong.. :)

just wondering if it is going to be a sponsor or not.. :)

bye

sharky

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

sharky wrote:hi simon!

another question: is DDD going to be a sponsor? i am asking because it seems strange to me that iz3D is paying and is an active sponsor, and DDD isn'T. so to my eyes (i am only moderator,and have no executive rights of any kind in here, just curious) something is wrong: IF youre a sponsor, then the wrong thing is that there is no personal section for your drivers, no test results posted in a proper section, no visible logo on the site and so on. If youre not a sponsor, than it is strangethat you post as a DDD representative.

don't misunderstand me.. i have no problem with it.. just curious... i am not the owner of the site and have no executive rights here.. :) just would like to know if we have /will have a new sponsor and maybe promotions and discounts going on.. :)

bye

sharky
A great question that Neil will probably need to answer. A section was created for the Kind Dragon driver and he isn't a sponsor for the site, right? Especially since he now works for IZ3D. I don't know the actual terms or mechanism either but would like to see DDD added as a true sponsor as well as Nvidia.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
sharky

Post by sharky »

for that i know the answer.. its easy.. Nvidia and Dragon are non-proprietary, free drivers. noone profits from having them here or not.

iz3D is paying for having that section, banners, and so on here. at a "human level" i don't think that this thread is very kind towards to paying sponsors and thats why i wrote the post.

you know, i also partecipated to the thread, asked questions and asked for informations, so i absolutely have nothing agianst simon or DDD.. just wondering what is going on... maybe because of my bad english it came not that good..

bye

sharky

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

sharky wrote:for that i know the answer.. its easy.. Nvidia and Dragon are non-proprietary, free drivers. noone profits from having them here or not.

iz3D is paying for having that section, banners, and so on here. at a "human level" i don't think that this thread is very kind towards to paying sponsors and thats why i wrote the post.

you know, i also partecipated to the thread, asked questions and asked for informations, so i absolutely have nothing agianst simon or DDD.. just wondering what is going on... maybe because of my bad english it came not that good..

bye

sharky
Great point Sharky, and obviously one that DDD and Neil should work together to address! Not to argue the point, but Nvidia drivers ARE proprietary as they only work on Nvidia cards. I know this next opinion won't be a popular one, but I personally think Nvidia SHOULD charge for these drivers. Why? If there is a product a company makes that is unique in the industry and provides a great deal of value to the end user then you need to market it. The only way to offset the cost of marketing is to directly charge consumers for the product. There are sections on ATI and Nvidia video cards and well as DirectX and OpenGL, so are they sponsors? Still seems a little confusing...

:(
I fully understand the banner as that is a paid advertisement for a product that links back to the vendors website. A company should pay for that type of advertisement, but the boards themselves are an advocacy effort for 3D in general regardless of who makes, markets, and profits from a products use. It's all 3D related and promotes what we all want, right? Mass adoption of S-3D! Organization of content into sections just makes it easier for the average joe and new board users to find information on a particular product that is in the market. This doesn't necessarily promote it's purchase and may be quite the opposite if it is a bad product, right?

Sorry for the thread hijacking, but I don't feel too bad since I started the thread...
Cheers!
:mrgreen:
PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi pixel!

nvidia drivers are proprietary, its true, but until some moths ago they where the only working drivers and they are free, thats why they are (now) the standard of 3D. maybe they won't be anymore in the future but in fact now they are. not to put nvidia (-free diver-) on this site is like if the the pope prays for war.. makes no sense.

i absolutely agree, about the fact that a forum should be free and users should freely speak about all the points, drivers and whatever you want. but this counts as long as a user chats with another user. as soon as teh company is posting, and promoting their drivers they are gaining, using th epopularity of the forum, and thats not correct for paing sponsors.

i don't think that nvidia is charging from the drivers.. i think that the drivers just for its existence made nvidia sell much more (just search on google) and so even if theyre free they gain through it because they sell more.. no need to give higher prices.

the ati section is there because iz3D supports ati too. it is empty because there aren'T any problems now.

mtbs is at its birth so i don't feel that a thrad like this is correct regardin our unique sponsor, wich makes beeing here chatting about everything possible. and due to the fact that i am here everyday lake many others and enjoy this site like you its thanks neil but also thanks our sponsor. without them it would not be possible. so doing something against sponsors is doing something against us..

bye

sharky

Jahun

Post by Jahun »

hmm

I don't agree.
Afaik, this is a S-3D certification and Advocacy Organization, forum.

The entire idea seemed to get 3D running (well for us at least, for Neil other things may be important obviously, I mean this in a nice way btw). There is no good 3D forum on the net, (stereovision down, Stereo3D not busy and Nvidia is their own) and this is a great one.

Running a site is not free so posting of banners etc is ofcourse a great way to get at least the costs down. However, the forum itself was as I recall advocacy.. to get 3D running, to get a word out, a way of communicating amongst ourselves etc and by god hopefully a better connection with software developers/game producers.

You say IZ3D pays for their forum part, that surprised me a bit.. but nevermind that. Now someone opens a topic on something that is great news, a licensable driver! And a company representative even picked up on it and is posting screens! I am 100% happy about that, I am scanning my favorite S-3D forum, seeing new input, seeing quality images with nice depth etc. Great to see companies putting stuff directly into this forum, that must count for something.

So yes he is in a sense advertising the Tridef driver, so what? There is no banner, no forum section, no seperate thread even. So before we jump onto this, I'd suggest to let Neil think about what he wants and let him make any decisions whenever he wants.

IZ3D is doing great things, and they are not even direct competitors of DDD.. so before we jump to conclusions, let Neil run the show. MTBS3D has already been too tightly connected to IZ3D in the past, if IZ3D gets this quick and strong defense, that doesn't help.

personally, I'd hate to see posts from representatives pushed out of the forum, untill they pay for their own section. (well, unless they totally spam the general discussion topic :) )
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Hi Sharky,
Feel free to move our conversation to a different thread if you think it is more appropriate. You have some very good points here and this has turned into a great discussion. Nvidia is absolutely the originator of consumer 3D even though they have been absent the last 16 months (since the release of the last official driver). I don't want to sound like an ungrateful consumer of their product as I am sure I will be like all of the other users on this board and will grab a copy of their latest drivers as soon as they are released. Maybe Simon broke a rule by posting and should have something in his profile that identifies him as a vendor, but the genie is out of the bottle at this point. I personally would love to see Nvidia, and others, post on the site and become more active with their consumers and would hate to see us discourage vendors that do. I don't want to take anything away from MTBS sponsorship and believe that DDD, Nvidia, TDVision, Samsung, Mitsubishi, and others should join IZ3D and be sponsors to the cause. But if sponsorship is required in order for a vendor to post or have a forum section dedicated to their product than an injustice was done long before Simon posted. Even the US President follows rules and pays taxes on the salary we pay him as taxpayers. Nvidia should live by the same rules that IZ3D lives by.

You made a good point in that everyone who has an Nvidia card gets the drivers for free, so to speak (internally Nvidia still has to justify the cost of development and rolls it into the product). However, the ongoing driver development is sacrificed when other projects are more demanding, like Vista driver efforts. My earlier point was that it could easily be a separate product like NVDVD is and have a dedicated support team assigned to it internally that generates it's own quatifiable revenue. The product is simply that good and everyone here has used it. One of the best "free-ware" products on the internet. If Nvidia needs cash to better support the product then I will be the first one to pull out my wallet!

And now, to get this thread back on track, DDD released an update last week to their game driver with a few bug fixes and support for a few more games. Hope they can add dual projector support as Jahun mentioned in coming releases.

Cheers..

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
sharky

Post by sharky »

hey guys, reading your answers it seems to me that you gor my "meassage" a wrogn way. :) i wasn't accusing anybody, as i said i have no problems with simon posting here, but i personally (personally means that i completely exclude neil and mtbs from this statement) think tht it is not correct for a company to use a site like this to promote their drivers. actually i am pretty shure that DDD is going to sponsor mtnbs, because they would pass the big chance of having the center-site of 3D promoting them. i mean it is not a small thing. but lets wait for simon. i actually don't know anything about this situation and wanted to know more through simon (my plan was not to start this whole mess.. :D). actually i think that iz3d made a enourmous step by deciding to sponsor a non existing (at the time this started the site did not exist) site and think that now for ethic reasons it would be the minimum if other companies wich are involve in stereoscopy and gain indirectly from what we (including you both and all the other users) do here, would sponsor this site.. come on its a small step for a big company but a big step for stereoscopy as we know it.

reassouming the whole posts: i have NOTHING against this thread, just wanted to know if they are going to sponsor or not because i PERSONALLY think that it would be correct. thats all.. :)

i would like to hear simon reply to this.. :)

bye

sharky

Simon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Simon »

sharky wrote:hi simon!

Yes I did. I need more time to find a good example to show you.
sharky wrote:another question: is DDD going to be a sponsor? i am asking because it seems strange to me that iz3D is paying and is an active sponsor, and DDD isn'T. so to my eyes (i am only moderator,and have no executive rights of any kind in here, just curious) something is wrong: IF youre a sponsor, then the wrong thing is that there is no personal section for your drivers, no test results posted in a proper section, no visible logo on the site and so on. If youre not a sponsor, than it is strangethat you post as a DDD representative.

DDD is not a sponsor of this forum. The forum owner has to discuss this issue with the marketing team of DDD. I have no intention to be a DDD representative; that is not my job. I am just here to answer some of the questions related to TriDef DirectX Driver, or direct people to the right places to find more information.

The support I could provide here is very limited. If someone has paid for the software, he should send a support request to Tridef Support, where he will get direct response.
Simon
sharky

Post by sharky »

ok thank you for your reply! i think neil will menage this. i wait for your screenshots. :)

thank you

sharky

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”