low or no ghosting BLUE / BROWN anaglyph glasses?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
varsis
One Eyed Hopeful

low or no ghosting BLUE / BROWN anaglyph glasses?

Post by varsis »

Where can i get good quality blue brown anaglyph glasses that have very little / no ghosting?
The pro ana glasses are great, i have some chinese made blue brown that do the job.
But they are much like their red cyan counterparts and have a fair amount of ghosting.
I've been unable to find solid frame blue brown glasses that are like the pro ana glasses.
Any pointers?
Thanks guys!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: low or no ghosting BLUE / BROWN anaglyph glasses?

Post by Likay »

Of the facts it seems like you're refering to colorcode.
I and some other have tried both anaglyph as well as colorcode. If you have the oppurtunity to put standard red/cyan against colorcode you'll clearly see that anaglyph is way better. With colorcode you need a very dark lense for the "blue" portion to decrease ghosting to a decent level. To compensate the "amber" eye you need to dim the image. Then the glasses are too dark to be pleasant. If you wants to go anaglyph-stereo then anaglyph red/cyan and the pro-anas are probably the best choice. The only step up is getting a full color 3d-display solution.

cheers!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

As far as I know the Pro Ana are about as good as it gets. If you are talking about blue/amber (aka colorcode) I can tell you its not much better than red/cyan if at all.
varsis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by varsis »

already grabbing 2 pairs of the pro ana.
I understand the concerns completely
I just wanna get a good pair of hard plastic color code glasses with little to no ghosting. like the cardboard ones.
anyone have any idea where i can get some?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”