How is 3D Stereo support for Vista going?

Takato
One Eyed Hopeful

How is 3D Stereo support for Vista going?

Post by Takato »

Okay, well I bought a 7100 in January along with a Vista PC (Home Premium), and figured that if NVIDIA was acting as if Vista was the second coming of Jesus, then it must be compatible with all of the features that it has under XP. It turned out I was wrong, and Stereo3D did not work. I have never played a game in Stereo3D before, as I did not get a non-integrated graphics card till I got that 7100 with Vista in January.

Anyway, I did extensive searching on the internet, and never found a solution. I even tried to contact NVIDIA, but they did not even reply. I came here a few months ago, but you guys indicated that Vista was not supported yet. You said that NVIDIA said they would have Stereo3D support for Vista by spring, and considering your spring is autumn here in Australia, it was as if NVIDIA said they would have support within the 3 months of that season. Its now almost 3 months after that season ended, and as far as I know there is still nothing.

Basically, what I am asking is this: Is there any way to play games in 3D in Vista at all? I don't care if its by NVIDIA or not, I just want to play in 3D. I plan on using red/blue anaglyph, and can not go and buy any extra hardware.

Topic Summary: Is there any way to play games in Vista in 3D?
Windows XP Professional SP2 | Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz | 2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

welcome to mtbs...:)

actually yes, there is a way to play 3d in vista.. but only one.

the way is iz3d. its the only may to play in 3d. iz3d should come out very soon with the 22" montior..

unfortunately its the only thing wich works for now and unfrotunately i think for the next months...

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hi, there is another - for some games working option:
Try out Dragons Hook in the MTBS download section. If you want to try red/blue, it might work for you/some of your games.
Read this thread:
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=462
I think it works for vista :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi sorry for the wrong infromation.. it end to exclude red blue from the aviable options because i personally don'T see it as a good option for CONTINUOUS playing.. :D sorry
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

In some ways I prefer anaglyph over shutterglasses. Yes your vision is wack for a while after playing (odd coloration of each respective eye for a while :)) but no heavy glasses, no flickering, works easy etc.

I used it for 1 hour gaming periods or so to check out 3D at first. Maybe it's good to sort of push anaglyph mode a bit more. So that people can get into touch with 3D using their old Dinosaur 3D anaglyph glasses and stereo drivers (all free or cheap) and then think about going all the way.

Just a thought... :)
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

sharky wrote: the way is iz3d. its the only may to play in 3d. iz3d should come out very soon with the 22" montior..
iz3d is the onely way that supports native for shutter glasses.

But the eDimensional tool also works well, but very Hardware hungry (may because I use 64bit)

Also the icuiti iWear VR920 ships with Vista compatible stereo drivers, if I heard right.
IN65498
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IN65498 »

cirk2 wrote:iz3d is the onely way that supports native for shutter glasses.
I don't understand what u are trying to say, IZ3D has nothing to do with shutterglasses, it's about polarized glasses (A way better solution IMHO).
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

cirk2 wrote:
sharky wrote: the way is iz3d. its the only may to play in 3d. iz3d should come out very soon with the 22" montior..
iz3d is the onely way that supports native for shutter glasses.

But the eDimensional tool also works well, but very Hardware hungry (may because I use 64bit)

Also the icuiti iWear VR920 ships with Vista compatible stereo drivers, if I heard right.
From what I understand the VR920 does not support stereo for Vista right now, UNLESS Nvidia or ATI or someoone else makes the drivers for gaming. If drivers are made then it would probably work, we are in a waiting game right now. As for movies in 3D on your pc I don't know, never tried it. Upon preordering they had a blurp on their webiste that the 920 was on compatible with XP and stereo drivers for that OS.

Icuiti is in the process of making their own stereo drivers from what I've read on their forums They do have the control panel available in their software, they just need to implement it.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
IN65498
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by IN65498 »

It's a shame that Vista comes in 2 versions, 32 and 64 bits. Very very bad.
Now we have a lot of driver issues, so I'm pessimistic.
But I know I won't put a 32 bit system in my next PC, heck it's been what, 4 years since the processors became 64 bit architecturally?

I think there are a lot of people like me (enthusiasts) that want 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM: everyone of us can't stand a 32 bit Vista, so it's either Stereo3D drivers (whoever makes them) working very well in Vista 64, or no stereovision at all, thanks.
Takato
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Takato »

Wait, so are you saying that Stereo3D works in Vista 64-bit?
Windows XP Professional SP2 | Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz | 2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

No, I think he waits for them along many others :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

The VR920 does not ship with Vista compatible stereo drivers, unfortunately. But they did delay shipping it to see if they could make it work on vista, but they couldn't. However some games do support stereo on the VR920 natively without a special driver, or so I heard.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”