real D experience

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
raskassiano
One Eyed Hopeful

real D experience

Post by raskassiano »

I want to buy an Optoma HD66 3d projector, can I get the 3D effect without using active glasses in any way ? or do I need to get 2 projector?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: real D experience

Post by Likay »

DepthQ makes projectors which in combination with their polarization modulator offers stereoviewing using passive eyewears. However the dual projector route is a lot cheaper than this....
The only way to use passive stereo on the Optoma HD66 is anaglyph and crosseyed viewing i think...
If it's 3d-vision compatible it would work best with 3d-vision active shuttergoggles though. This would also yield the best result with this pj (unless using two and passive....).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: real D experience

Post by cybereality »

I'm not even sure you can get 3D with that even with active glasses, at least not with Nvidia 3D Vision. Please check the official listing of supported displays before you make a decision. And, no, it won't work with passive polarized glasses unless you have two of them and all the accessories that go along with that.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”