Panasonic 3D AG-3DA1 camcorder & AG-HMX100 Video Mixer

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Panasonic 3D AG-3DA1 camcorder & AG-HMX100 Video Mixer

Post by Silversurfer »

Well, what do you know? The world's first pro quality, fully-integrated full HD 3D camcorder has a name -- and it's up for pre-order. The AG-3DA1 camera (available this fall) is equipped with dual lenses and two full 1920 x 1080 2.07 megapixel 3-MOS imagers for recording 1080/60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p (native) and 720/60p and 50p in AVCHD. It can record for up to 180 minutes on dual 32GB SD cards in AVCHD PH mode, and sports dual HD-SDI out, HDMI (version 1.4), two XLR connectors, built-in stereo microphone and twin-lens camera remotes. This bad boy is listed at $21,000, and you can reserve yours for $1,000 down. That's nice of them, huh? But that ain't all! The newly announced AG-HMX100 video mixer (available this June) supports full 3D as well (we're sensing a theme here), as does the 25-inch BT-3DL2550 LCD monitor for field use (available this September). Just the thing for filming your Avatar fan films, huh? The latter two are priced at $5,600 and $9,900 respectively. PR after the break.

Article:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/pana ... mx100-vid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Panasonic 3D AG-3DA1 camcorder & AG-HMX100 Video Mixer

Post by yuriythebest »

wow panasonic, you do please :mrgreen:
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Looking good. Wish I had that kinda money to throw around.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

If you want to know how this beast performs in real life, you can watch this video of the 1000 km Spa endurance race taken with the Panasonic AG-3DA1 camcorder :
http://3dvision-blog.com/spa-euro-race- ... c-ag-3da1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Fredz wrote:If you want to know how this beast performs in real life, you can watch this video of the 1000 km Spa endurance race taken with the Panasonic AG-3DA1 camcorder :
http://3dvision-blog.com/spa-euro-race- ... c-ag-3da1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cool! not bad. the only issue I have is that the video was in horizontal squished stereopair format instead of vertical stereopairs, which negatively affected the final resolution - if this is a hardware issue then they seriously failed, since for that kind of money I'd at least expect 3d bluray quality and this ain't that.
o well, at least they made a good distance between the cameras :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

yuriythebest wrote:cool! not bad. the only issue I have is that the video was in horizontal squished stereopair format instead of vertical stereopairs, which negatively affected the final resolution - if this is a hardware issue then they seriously failed, since for that kind of money I'd at least expect 3d bluray quality and this ain't that.
I don't think it's the final format the hardware is capable of, it must be the only format the 3D Vision Blog could find for the video.
yuriythebest wrote:o well, at least they made a good distance between the cameras :)
It's the quite classical 2.5" separation, like the Minoru 3D Webcam.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Actually Minoru is 2.36220472 inches :D

:polarized
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Oops I was wrong, I saw it incorrectly reported at 2.5" somewhere. The interaxial distances are the same for the AG-3DA1 and the Minoru, but at 60 mm as you said.
Michael Bergeron, strategic technical liaison for Panasonic Broadcast, emphasized that Panasonic repeatedly made the choice to sacrifice flexibility in favor of simplicity. The idea was to engineer a camera that would capture good-enough stereo imagery without requiring the camera operator to learn the new trade of stereographer.

The lenses’ interaxial distance remains fixed at 60mm, a fairly short distance achieved by using 3-chip 1/4-inch imagers. “That’s a decision we made to keep the system simple for a lot of uses rather than complicated for every use,” Bergeron explained.
Source : http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/?p=3614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Not a problem, have a great day & keep your eyes crossed (or not)! :D

:polarized

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”