again a nobe with a buy problem ;)

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

again a nobe with a buy problem ;)

Post by victorjr »

owkee, best all

this is my first thread, so please, be paitent, and dont look to my english :roll: .
I'm now gatting my last money to spend on a 3d, but I really want a good price, for good stuff :) :!: .
I have done my homework, and looked around the threads at nvidia and iz3d, and both sended me to here.

So, What shal I know there is a new monitor coming form iz3d, Is it good to enouoght to wait.
or will it never beat nvidia?? and what is that half resolution problem, I don't understand, because I thought there is a 1080 samsung screen.
and what about the screens anway.

Samsung?/ zalman, or iz3d.

I hope someone can help?

thanks already

victor
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: again a nobe with a buy problem ;)

Post by yuriythebest »

welcome to MTBS3d! I'd recommend either an iz3d or a zalman+iz3d drivers. there are many threads where people discuss what to buy - each has it's advantages and disadvantages

iz3d review thread
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nvidia 3d vision or zalman thread
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

yuriythebest wrote:welcome to MTBS3d! I'd recommend either an iz3d or a zalman+iz3d drivers. there are many threads where people discuss what to buy - each has it's advantages and disadvantages

iz3d review thread
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nvidia 3d vision or zalman thread
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, no nividia, why?? if I may?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

So, no nividia, why?? if I may?
no you misunderstand, it's incorrect to say that, for example choice 1 is bad and choice 2 good- look at the above thread that I mentioned. Basically the issue I have with nvidia 3d vision is that it only works on nvidia graphics cards, only on vista and you pay about 399$ for the display and then you also have to pay 300$ (If I remember correctly) extra for 1 pair of glasses which ends up being quite expensive when compared to iz3d/zalman. However - search the MTBS forums, do research
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I recommend the Zalman Trimon monitor. The quality is very good and the price is nice. I have not seen the iz3d or Nvidia monitors so I cannot compare, but I am happy with the Zalman.
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

owkee, thanks.
I will do some researches and return
ps: do yoy]u use the zalman witx iz3d
pss: Is there ever going to be a hd 3d screen releasd?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

the 22' iz3d is 1680*1050 so it qualifies as HD (at least the 720p kind, "almost" 1080p (30 pixel difference) ), the 27' iz3d that will come out in the future will of course also be HD
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, the Zalman will work with IZ3D, TriDef and Nvidia drivers.
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by christ0ff »

If you have a qualified nvidia card, the 3d vision system works nicely for me. I got a viewsonic 120hz monitor + glasses for $508 tax included from http://www.frys.com.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

:newshutter
My specs:
2.4Ghz dual core - 2Gb Memory - 8800 GTS 512Mb
Nvidia 3d Vision + Viewsonic 120Hz
Windows 7 Ultimate - DX 11
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

yuriythebest wrote:
the 22' iz3d is 1680*1050 so it qualifies as HD (at least the 720p kind, "almost" 1080p (30 pixel difference) ), the 27' iz3d that will come out in the future will of course also be HD

So the new screen is only going to be so big?? :woot
Eehm, but what is that about the half resolution thing at the zalman, is that also by nvidias one, and iz3d?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

victorjr wrote: Eehm, but what is that about the half resolution thing at the zalman, is that also by nvidias one, and iz3d?
This topic comes up a bunch and most people have the wrong idea. Yes, the Zalman cuts the vertical resolution in half when in 3D mode but its not as bad as you would imagine. The thing to remember is that no matter what solution you go with you are only going to get 1680 x 1050 pixels for each frame split between both eyes. For the Zalman it splits the data by space. However on the Nvidia solution it splits it through time. Yes you are seeing a full resolution image but only *half* the time in one eye. The other half of the time you see absolutely nothing. Similarly the IZ3D also splits the data but by polarization. So you are still seeing only 1680 x 1050 worth of color data each frame. The other panel controls a sort of depth buffer. So at the end of the day none of the solutions give you a full-resolution, full-frame stereoscopic image. For that you would need a passive polarized dual projection rig. I hope that helps.
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

cybereality wrote:
victorjr wrote: Eehm, but what is that about the half resolution thing at the zalman, is that also by nvidias one, and iz3d?
This topic comes up a bunch and most people have the wrong idea. Yes, the Zalman cuts the vertical resolution in half when in 3D mode but its not as bad as you would imagine. The thing to remember is that no matter what solution you go with you are only going to get 1680 x 1050 pixels for each frame split between both eyes. For the Zalman it splits the data by space. However on the Nvidia solution it splits it through time. Yes you are seeing a full resolution image but only *half* the time in one eye. The other half of the time you see absolutely nothing. Similarly the IZ3D also splits the data but by polarization. So you are still seeing only 1680 x 1050 worth of color data each frame. The other panel controls a sort of depth buffer. So at the end of the day none of the solutions give you a full-resolution, full-frame stereoscopic image. For that you would need a passive polarized dual projection rig. I hope that helps.
owkee, I almost get it.

one question. What is now the difference between the ized and zalman methode?
thanks
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

victorjr wrote:What is now the difference between the ized and zalman methode?
thanks
the main difference is that zalman offers half the vertical resolution but less ghosting, iz3d is full res but a bit more ghosting. Both use passive polarized but it is implemented differently.
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

yuriythebest wrote:
victorjr wrote:What is now the difference between the ized and zalman methode?
thanks
the main difference is that zalman offers half the vertical resolution but less ghosting, iz3d is full res but a bit more ghosting. Both use passive polarized but it is implemented differently.
And thst new iz3d screen, how big is that, and des it reduce the ghosting.
cause I read a review where there was no word about the nvidia in combination of gohting, possible?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

And thst new iz3d screen, how big is that,
27'
and des it reduce the ghosting.
yes
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

In all honesty the new iz3D monitor is vaporware at this point. Have they shown it at any trade shows? I don't think so. Maybe they have a prototype in the labs or something but who knows how good the quality is. I am skeptical it will ever even come out and even if it does it could easily suffer from the same problems as the current model. I certainly would not base a buying decision on a product that may or may not come out.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

with the ZALMAN you can have amazing stereoscopic view for games without ghosting with the NVIDIA drivers and also stereoscopic view for any normal dvd movie (not blue ray!) with the TRI DEF drivers.
Of course that solution for the movies is not as perfect as for games, but it remains a funny one and it is much more pleasant than the solution of seeing with anaglyph glassses(red,blue) the 3d movies.
And having at home the fuji real d 3D camera is the perfect solution with the ZALMAN.
SO THE ZALMAN SOLUTION SHINES

:polar :D :D :D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:In all honesty the new iz3D monitor is vaporware at this point. Have they shown it at any trade shows? I don't think so. Maybe they have a prototype in the labs or something but who knows how good the quality is. I am skeptical it will ever even come out and even if it does it could easily suffer from the same problems as the current model. I certainly would not base a buying decision on a product that may or may not come out.
I am more optimistic :)
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

sorry Yuri but i dont understand why you are so optimistic wth IZ3D.
when i was using it before, after 5 minutes it was impossible tu continue viewing it. But from the moment i bought the ZALMAN my pleasure is unlimited...Avatar the game with ZALMAN and nvidia drivers gives me a virtual depth of 60 inches of game space without any ghosting!!!
i found this amazing!
i am wondering also if you tried the FUJI REAL D camera with the zalman monitor, because i am sure you will be very amazed again, much more than the Minoru that i have too.

the only solution that i have not tried yet is the 3d vision because i never liked the flickering of old shutter glasses.
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

27 inche is too big
wait you say nvia driver, so shuttrr glssdes?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

victorjr wrote:27 inche is too big
You can't be serious. Too big for what? :shock:
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

crim3 wrote:
victorjr wrote:27 inche is too big
You can't be serious. Too big for what? :shock:
1: for the price
2: for my mothe on the desktop
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Well now I'm curious, so the Zalman has 0 ghosting?? Not even the slightest bit?

Are there any pictures taken through the glasses lens that can give an idea of the resolution/ghosting?
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

ceashure wrote:Well now I'm curious, so the Zalman has 0 ghosting?? Not even the slightest bit?

Are there any pictures taken through the glasses lens that can give an idea of the resolution/ghosting?
(welcome) Yeaah, I was also wondering about that, is that possible, to put the glasses over the camera??

would be great
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

HI EVERYBODY!
There is one way to believe THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE...

We must always test the hardware before buying it, and it is sure that we will be happy with our decision, if it is possible of course.

:polar :polar :polar :D :D :D
iz3d owner
ZALMAN owner and user
finepix real 3d camera owner and user
minoru owner and user
acer 3d laptop (TRIDEF SYSTEM) owner and user
i -glasses owner
nvidia 295 owner and user
and so on....

game fanatic (despite of my age) and 3d rendering fanatic
and of course CRAZY FOR STEREOSCOPIC VISION
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

gicko wrote:HI EVERYBODY!
There is one way to believe THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE...

We must always test the hardware before buying it, and it is sure that we will be happy with our decision, if it is possible of course.

:polar :polar :polar :D :D :D
iz3d owner
ZALMAN owner and user
finepix real 3d camera owner and user
minoru owner and user
acer 3d laptop (TRIDEF SYSTEM) owner and user
i -glasses owner
nvidia 295 owner and user
and so on....

game fanatic (despite of my age) and 3d rendering fanatic
and of course CRAZY FOR STEREOSCOPIC VISION
what do you mean?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

victorjr wrote:1: for the price
Ok, now I understand :)

On my part, I'm about to buy a Zalman and retire my lovely CRT that has served me for so many years that the memories of the firsts days fade away in the myst of time.
I see people very satisfied with the Zalman, and I'm a bit tired of so many cables and batteries messing around, so a passive solution sounds very interesting to me.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

crim3 wrote:
victorjr wrote:1: for the price
Ok, now I understand :)

On my part, I'm about to buy a Zalman and retire my lovely CRT that has served me for so many years that the memories of the firsts days fade away in the myst of time.
I see people very satisfied with the Zalman, and I'm a bit tired of so many cables and batteries messing around, so a passive solution sounds very interesting to me.
yeah? that view angel, hoe is tgat, and I alsi wat to hear about nvidia solution?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Don't get the wrong idea. There is ghosting on the Zalman, just like everything else. The ghosting is just minimal and not in your face. You also have to be in the perfect viewing position or else there is a lot of ghosting. But when in the sweetspot it looks pretty decent. Here is a test I did to illustrate the low ghosting:
Zalman_ghosting_01.jpg
Zalman_ghosting_02.jpg
Zalman_ghosting_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

cybereality wrote:Don't get the wrong idea. There is ghosting on the Zalman, just like everything else. The ghosting is just minimal and not in your face. You also have to be in the perfect viewing position or else there is a lot of ghosting. But when in the sweetspot it looks pretty decent. Here is a test I did to illustrate the low ghosting:
Zalman_ghosting_01.jpg
Zalman_ghosting_02.jpg
Zalman_ghosting_03.jpg
Indeed, looks great,.
Is that the polarized version of viewing?
oow, and, how iss the contrat ratio, cause now I have a realy bad on.
Thanks for the pictures, Is that also possible in game?, like asssssin's creed (my much playedgame) how does that looks.
greetz
victor
edit: and what about the dept amount, how is that, Because, with my anaglyph glasdes, it's only 5 with nvidia drivers
pss:Wait, are the glsses from iz3d different than zalmans?
psss: so, zalma has 120 hz?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

victorjr wrote:edit: and what about the dept amount, how is that, Because, with my anaglyph glasdes, it's only 5 with nvidia drivers
You can have as much or as little depth with any glasses. It depends on the stereo separation you are using. (Although some people use low separation to deal with high ghosting levels)
Another setting that dramatically changes the 3D experience is convergence, but is hiden in the nvidia driver and needs to be activated explicitly. I can't understand it. Maybe is to avoid self induced sickness due to wrong convergence settings.

Zalman is interlaced, polarized monitor. Odd lines for one eye, even lines for the other. According to the specs, max refresh rate is 76Hz, not 120.

iz3d is more complex. The polarization layer is dynamic and changes how much light goes for each eye at subpixel level for each frame according to their own algorithm. This way you have full resolution for each eye.
Last edited by crim3 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

HI crim3.
I think you choose very cleverly to buy Zalman Trimon because i am sure that you will be pleased and calm for a long time ...
THE SWEET SPOT to view the perfect image EXISTS but it is very easy to find and get used to.
Sadly you cant find a sweet point in the IZ3D monitor, that is the problem and because of that reason you have to minimize the stereoscopic depth. So for me personally to have a good resolution in that way is useless.
And finally i must admit that i am much more pleased with my ZALMAN than with my old crt with old shutter glasses,flickering and so on...

ZALMAN + :polar +AVATAR GAME + FUJI FINEPIX REAL3D= :D :D :D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

gicko wrote:HI crim3.
I think you choose very cleverly to buy Zalman Trimon because i am sure that you will be pleased and calm for a long time ...
THE SWEET SPOT to view the perfect image EXISTS but it is very easy to find and get used to.
Sadly you cant find a sweet point in the IZ3D monitor, that is the problem and because of that reason you have to minimize the stereoscopic depth. So for me personally to have a good resolution in that way is useless.
And finally i must admit that i am much more pleased with my ZALMAN than with my old crt with old shutter glasses,flickering and so on...

ZALMAN + :polar +AVATAR GAME + FUJI FINEPIX REAL3D= :D :D :D
the zalman is nice, however the one problem I have with it is that games have to be at full res to work or has this been fixed?
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

I dont understand what you mean!
But i ask you have you seen AVATAR, OR GHOSTBUSTERS with the Zalman?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I mean can you only play 3d games in 1680*1050 and if you lower the resolution there will be black borders? Not sure if this is only the iz3d driver or nvidia driver also. Haven't had a chance to test the zalman but I hear it's awesome.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

yes YURI you must put 1680x1050, if not you cant see in stereoscopic at all.
But this does not make a big problem i suppose for you if you like to play modern games!
but i had the same problem with IZ3D also...

i must admit that i have not tried yet the 3dvision glasses and i dont feel at all interested to do that for now!
in the future i dont know but for the present time i feel very pleased with my hardware.

:polar :D
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

gicko wrote:yes YURI you must put 1680x1050, if not you cant see in stereoscopic at all.
But this does not make a big problem i suppose for you if you like to play modern games!
but i had the same problem with IZ3D also...
ah ok, thats not good at all then. The game I play most is in windowed mode and I have a few other games I prefer to play in windowed mode as well.

I have the iZ3D, and it does allow any resolution for 3D effect.
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can play windowed mode on the Zalman, but only with the iz3D drivers. The Nvidia drivers are full-screen only.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

cybereality i like to play games in full screen mode!
NOT YOU???

:polar :D :D :D
victorjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victorjr »

so you can use zalman and nvidia, even it's not 120hz?
Ad nidiais really so bad, or the pruce isjust to high?.
I still doubt

and zalman, what kind of driver is that using, it own or what?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”