My little iZ3D review... :)

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

My little iZ3D review... :)

Post by sharky »

Hi guys!

first of all Thanks to Neuroptiks and to Neil for the 17'' monitor! I love it... :D

so i have to say a important thing. I work as a machine developer/designer and often it happens that the customers come to me and say "that doesn't work, that also, and so on". the problem is that they are nto capable to understand that a prototype is meant to see the things wich don't work. this is why i am going to write my review keeping in mind that the 17'' was a sort of prototype for the testing of the functionality of the idea.

another important thing is that NOBODY asked me to write positive/negative things. everything i write is my persoanl oppinion and t has nothing to do with y rule as moderator in the forum or the fact that i got the monitor.

ok lets start:

- Ghosting.
there is a lot of ghosting in some games, but nto in all. i heard that it has been fixed for the 22" ones.

- Sandy screen
the screen looks a bit strange the first time you see it. it seems like if there is a thin foil on id.. like sanded. but you notice taht only in windows and only for the first day.. than you don't notice it anymore.

- ventilator
one thing i hate is the fan inside the power supply.. once you switch off the monitor it continues to go very loud (loud if it is late at night and you are trying to sleep) so i unplug the power supply before i go to sleep.

-gray color
a bright monitor gives some problems to the eyes to create the 3d effect at the edges of the screen. because you can focus the monitor and have a precise point of reference. a black monitor (like the 22") solves this because black means that no light is rejected. so you don't have a refference point. (check the tutorial "how to improove shutterglasses effect")

ok now for the good parts:

design:
simply fantastic.. futuristic. i like it very much

hide things:
the monitor works on two screens, that means that you desktop is not finished at the left side but continues.. you can hide everything you want outside teh screen, and it will be visible ONLY with the glasses... at the first moment i thought " oh no what the hell" but now i use it every day.. its very usefull.. :) could be for place saving or for hiding.. :D

drivers:
drivers are still in development. for what i have seen its simply AMAZING! never thought that the 3d effect could be that good. works perfectly with post processing, bright colors, simply amazing. open gl is not suported yet but it will so i woun't talk about this, and windowed is in developement right now.

resolution:
you can use full resolution. every effect on (if your graphicscard is good enough) that means super graphics wich you could forget with other solutions

graphics card:
it works with EVERY GPU. i have a 8800 512 mb and works PERFECT!

number of viewers
ther eis theorically no limitation. the limitation is set by the place you have. 3 pairs of glasses should be enough for everyone.. :)

easy to use:
really easy to use.. not much settings for having much better results than with other solutions.

this is all for now.. if i find something else i will update this post... :)

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

luvfish
One Eyed Hopeful

8800?? How did you get that work with 3D monitor?

Post by luvfish »

Hi,

From your review, it seems that you could use IZ3D monitor with 3D enabled during the game with nVidia 8800 series VGA card. I personally have 1 in my home with 3D monitor. (other vendor)

So far I haven't been able to locate the right driver for this card. Can you please let me know?

Thanks.
B
GF8800 GTX / QX6700 @ 3.5G /
X-Fi Fatal1ty / Ageia Physix /
sharky

Post by sharky »

yes it works, and also VERY GOOD.. :D graphics at maximum and the dust of others tires direct in my face.. :D

the drivers are proprietary so i cant give you them and they won't work anyway for you because they use a different tecnology.

but the iZ3D works perfect with my card...

bye

sharky

ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

(1) If using NVIDIA S-3D driver cuts the frame rate in half (a rough, average ballpark figure), what is the performance drop when using the IZ3D driver?

(2) Does IZ3D work with S-3D movies and pictures?

Thanks.
sharky

Post by sharky »

on my pc (3200 mhz 1 gb ram and 8800 gts 512 mb ram) i did NOT notice ANY performance Drop. Only on the clips wich appear before of the game menu, but i had this problem also without the drivers in normal 2d mode. as much as i know you need 30% more power than in 2d. but i am not shure about that.. for me it works SUPERB!

pictures and clips do not work for me yet. for them i need to use nvidia drivers (honestly i don't know if there will be a iz3d driver for that one day. boh never asked) and nvidia drivers do not work in neuroptiks mode with a 8800.

i have to wait for that..:)

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”